Ooh, let me take you to the Weald places! *MOD WIP preview*

Juju

Remember how I told everyone I wouldn't do buildings again, no matter what? Well, as it happens Andreas suckered me into his little Sealion project and life hasn't been the same ever since! At least for me it hasn't. ;)

Since it seems to be preview week here on the forum, I thought I'd hop onto the 'bandwagon.'

I say, without further ado, here's some screenshots of English buildings intended for Andreas' upcoming Sealion conversion.

They are still heavily work-in-progress (especially the bottom two, I don't even have sides or a back for those yet) but I wanted to share these anyway.

Hope you enjoy them:

WealdPlacesPreview3.jpg

WealdPlacesPreview1.jpg

WealdPlacesPreview2.jpg

They will be done somewhere next month and will include damaged versions, but NOT winter versions. Two reasons: 1) Sealion won't be having winter battles and 2) I hate adding snow. Booooring. ;)

[ August 17, 2004, 11:47 AM: Message edited by: Juju ]

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Sergei:

They look nice. Btw. which model is that bicycle? Is it civilian or military variant?

Funny you should mention that. It's really based on a model of a Wehrmacht bicycle, but with several parts removed and little things altered to make it look civilian.

Juju has really done excellent work based on the not-particularly-good photos I sent him.

The heavy is based on a building in Westminster, IIRC of 'The Prisoner' fame (it is the building he goes into and gets gassed, a colleague told me)

http://www.the-prisoner-6.freeserve.co.uk/

The white light building is based on a stable front at Polesden Lacey near Leatherhead in Surrey.

The tall light is based on a building in Hartfield Road, Wimbledon.

The tall heavy, as we all know, is Holien's house in the Midlands.

Wisbech_Lad - if you can convince Juju to do a pub, I do the pictures. ;)

Originally posted by Martyr:

Wow--those look great!

But in a Sealion scenario, shouldn't there be more signs of crisis in the air? Like blackout curtains, gov't information posters, etc.? Just a thought.

Thanks. Although it would really be simple to do I don't think I'll be doing blackout curtains, and posters are a bit small to be of much use. I am thinking of some sort of advertising poster or painting on a wall. Got any ideas?

Oh, and thanks Mikey. I was really happy with that bike. After I pulled that one off I -just for a moment- figured I'd be able to add practically anything I wanted...

I was wrong of course. :D

Originally posted by John D Salt:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Juju:

[snips]

I am thinking of some sort of advertising poster or painting on a wall. Got any ideas?

"Guinness is good for you".

"Players, please!"

All the best,

John. </font>

Originally posted by Soddball:

I've only just realised that I can see reflections in the windows of that semi.

:mad: :mad: How awesome is that?????? :mad: :mad:

Andreas - I have a CM map of my village if you want it, and am doing one of the Medway crossing at Tonbridge at the moment.

Put a BIG VL on Soddy's bungalow. Even better a TRP.

Originally posted by Andreas:

Juju is marvellous. The semis look like the real things. So much that now CMAK will look like my way to the train station and to work. Which means I no longer will be able to tell reality from the game.

I can imagine your call to office...

"Sorry sir, but as I was heading to work, a Matilda cut in front of my Kübelwagen... no, I took out the Matilda with explosives, but then a 25pdr barrage fell on me and I was wounded, so I can't make it there today... hello???"

Originally posted by Andreas:

Oh well - going to work is overrated anyway.

Good, then you should have time to send me the feckin' turn!

Originally posted by Jim Boggs:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Soddball:

I've only just realised that I can see reflections in the windows of that semi.

:mad: :mad: How awesome is that?????? :mad: :mad:

Andreas - I have a CM map of my village if you want it, and am doing one of the Medway crossing at Tonbridge at the moment.

Put a BIG VL on Soddy's bungalow. Even better a TRP. </font>