Nahverteidigungswaffe

sross

Real Life: Link

Wiki article, which to my understanding is spot on

In game however its a leathel close range defence weapon for those tanks.

An enemy squad closes in on it and you will see little grenades start to fly into the air at them.

Makes closing in on these tanks pretty hard sometimes since these grenades can end up routing your men after only a few blasts.

Originally posted by The_Enigma:

In game however its a leathel close range defence weapon for those tanks.

An enemy squad closes in on it and you will see little grenades start to fly into the air at them.

Makes closing in on these tanks pretty hard sometimes since these grenades can end up routing your men after only a few blasts.

i play 95% of my games against Germans and my opponent likes to play with fancy latewar felines. my experience is that these close defence grenades are ridiculously overmodelled in CM. combine it with the cocktail throwing Soviet infantry and you get some really "interesting" situations.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

GSX,

While the weapon may indeed be overmodeled, it's not so overmodeled that, at least under somewhat obscured battlefield conditions, the outcome changes. I had an F-Killed King Tiger cut a swath with the Nah. through Russian infantry in the open, but after popping smoke to hide from a Stalin and backing into a wheat field, was gobbled up inside of a minute by Russian infantry.

Regards,

John Kettler

I still remember experience from old CMBO game versus my friend. I had late Panther to get accidentally too close to his infantry (Brit Engineer squad, IIRC). I was thinking " O hell, my Cat is toast!"

Then there was couple of small black spots in air..and suddenly both (since suddenly another assaulting Brit squad appeared) enemy squads lost interest (and men) to assault my Panther.

I was impressed then and still remember it. Never paid any attention to N-waffe, but it saved my Panther crew to not to become a bacon in that smile.gif

What was impressive in TacAI that day that it did not bother to try to get MGs or main gun to bear..it was N-waffe grenades and reverse.

There was and are some gripes about TacAI even after CMAK, but damn, they were good and groundbreaking that time.