What is the Best Tank Battle Scenario?

JohnO

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Have you visited the Scenario Depot? They have actual reviews of the scenarios there - your question is very broad and subject to individual opinion.

Hi Michael,

Yes, thats correct, I can go to the Scenario Depot and spend all day reading each scenario review for battles and operations. But I don't have all day to spend reading reviews. That's why I was asking other players if they know what is the best tank scenario so that I can go to Scenario Depot and dl it to play.

And yes it depends on the individuals opinion, who has played a tank battle scenario if he thinks that it is the best one. As for being broad not sure what you mean by that.

JohnO

Originally posted by Kingfish:

The Op Becket is referring to is called "Tank Warning" by Franko, and is one mother of a tank battle.

You may also want to take a look at "Death of the Titans" by Wild Bill. The original is a CMBO scenario, but I converted it to CMAK as well.

I found the scenario "Death of the Titans" and dl it , but I can't find the scenario from Franko "Tank Warning". Where can I find it?

Never mine I found it smile.gif

JohnO

[ February 14, 2005, 03:51 PM: Message edited by: JohnO ]

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by JohnO:

Hi Michael,

I see now smile.gif I know I'll be putting my foot in my mouth by saying this smile.gif any size operations, battles and any time frame.

JohnO

Catch 22 - if you're that easy to please, then you probably don't need our advice since you'll like whatever you play... :D </font>

Not half as funny as you, sweetpants. I loved your mangled spelling and grammar in your last attack post of me.

Don't mind Seanacoochie, he's just trying to deflect anyone from being my Mortal Enemy.

You don't even come close to qualifying, GSX, if you want to hate me, you have to at least be coherent first.

You just proved there what my mangled english was attempting, thank you for being so eloquent. I just grovel at the feet of such a master of the written word. GET A LIFE!

Shameless plug:

If you like any size try my own "A Big One" at the proving grounds (10000+ per side). Some 100+ destroyed vehicles. And it even has infantry and guns, too! It is just that the tanks decide the battle on a rather large open map. (Except for ATGs, AD and planes, of course).

Do not play it vs the AI - it won't work.

Make sure you run it on a decent machine.

Gruß

Joachim

Gawdammit ya great git of a Celtic troubadour - the word is "regimen" :mad: :mad: :mad: [swallows happy pills]

Originally posted by Seanachai:

[snipped by Brent]

Weeds need a different regime of watering ...

Now...great tank battles...hmmm...just girl-on-girl....errr...tank-vs-tank or do you want extra goodies....maybe full combined arms but with absolute scads of tanks?

CMAK:

- Knifefight at Cecina is good for small scale stuff.

- that desert one from the demo was grand fun...haven't tried the CD version

- if you're feeling nostalgic for the old TOBRUK boardgame (dull map and all), try my WBRP-TOBRUK series which should be at the SD

CMBB:

- that one about the Kingtiger company is good....name escapes me at the moment...think it has a 500-series number in the title

- any of the Kursk Pack stuff, as mentioned by others...I'd add in any "Pack" stuff here - Stalingrad & Seelowe, ferinstance

Brain dump ends

Kingfish where is 'Death of the Titans' for CMAK? Dinnit see it at the Scenario Depot.

Search under "B&T Death of the Titans," I think.

Oh, and try and play it against a human. It'll be VERY tough. I played Axis vs A.I. and it was pretty hard. (I won, but suffered.)

:)

GPig

Originally posted by mike_the_wino:

Kingfish where is 'Death of the Titans' for CMAK? Dinnit see it at the Scenario Depot.

BTW, any more CMAK tank battle suggestions?

Mike,

Click on my Sig for "Titans".

A couple of more tank battle suggestions:

Chambois - The Polish 1st Armored division bumps into the German 2nd Panzer division as the latter attempts to escape the Falaise Pocket.

Rock in the Flood - Polish 1st Armored defends hill 262 against a huge mix of German units escaping the Falaise pocket

BTW, these last two you can also d/l from the B & T website

August Bank Holiday - I had done a CMAK conversion of the CMBO original which was designed by Franko. I have since sent it to him, so you'll need to contact him to get it. This one depicts the German counterattack at St. Aginan de Cramsnil during Operation Totalize. It was in this battle that Michael Wittman was killed by a Firefly gunner named Ekins!!! :mad:

Taurus over the Odon - Again, another CMAK conversion of a Franko scenario and again you need to contact him, as he now has possesion of it. The first attack on Hill 112 during Operation Epsom. British 11th Armored against 12th SS Panzer.

Worthington Force - this one is my personal favorite. IMO, a perfectly balanced scenario atop one of the most realistic looking maps of Eastern Normandy. I have played it well over a dozen times against the Axis AI, and have always been given an excellent fight. H2H would be a hoot. Canadian "Worthingtom Force" gets lost during Operation Totalize, winds up on the wrong hill, and is then surrounded by units of 12th SS Panzer.

This last one is a CMAk conversion of a scenario designed by a guy known as "Iron Cross". I have tried to contact him without success. Hopefully someone knows how to, and can ask him if it is alright to release the conversion to the public.