Confirmation Emails from Battlefront

I just got the following email

Gail Brownsord <gbrownsord@thekeagroup.com>

Sent Friday, December 5, 2003 10:34 am

Subject (no subject)

Hello,

Your Battlefront order has shipped via mail.

Sincerely,

Gail

Why would I be getting mail from Gail, and not sales@battlefront.com?

Have I just received a virus of some kind, or has everyone been getting mail from "Gail"?

EDITED - to remove the alarming "hoax" reference from the subject line.

[ December 05, 2003, 04:09 PM: Message edited by: Michael Dorosh ]

Gail is our contact at the warehouse and is responsible for reading and sending emails from the sales account. She may on occasion email customers from her own companies email account.

The emails are indeed real and shipping confirmations are something we started doing on orders a few months ago.

Madmatt

Originally posted by Dirtweasle:

The blank subject line is a little odd. Might suggest she mention Battlefront in the subject as I only opened it by accident.

I usually delete emails unread that don't have subject lines, but I was expecting an email from someone whose full name isn't known to me.

Thanks for the response - and I would also suggest a subject line in future.

I have asked her to add an appropriate subject field to those emails and to try and use the sales account when sending them out.

We are not the only customer which that warehouse works for but we are the biggest and Gail is VERY good at working with us on issues.

By the way, she just got the following reply to a order confirmation.

"Gail, will you marry me" Cute...but don't make her mad! That woman is sitting on thousands of copies of CMAK and I wouldn't want to anger her.

Madmatt

Originally posted by Madmatt:

By the way, she just got the following reply to a order confirmation.

"Gail, will you marry me" Cute...but don't make her mad! That woman is sitting on thousands of copies of CMAK and I wouldn't want to anger her.

Madmatt

LOL, thats hilarious. :D

Ok, who did it. Step forward and speak up. Because if i don't get my copy soon i'll need someone to blame.

We get alot of order and shipment amd customer query answered emails returned for all sorts of reasons, mailboxes over qutoas, typos in the original addresses or peoples ISP that for whatever reason think we are sending spam.

We do make every effort to contact people with the info they need to the best of our abilities.

And hey Panzertruppe, if thats going to be your attitude, help yourself to a warm glass of "shut the hell up!" Hopefully your post was in jest, as is mine, but if it wasn't well then neither was mine.

Madmatt

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by GJK:

Oops redface.gif

GJK! You didn't! (Did you propose to Gail?) Suppose she takes you up on it? Suppose she weighs 400 lbs and looks like a Sherman tank? Oh well, I guess in that case it would be love at first sight...

:D

Michael </font>

Originally posted by GJK:

It don't matter if she weighs 400lbs...

Yeah, well, after looking at your picture in your profile, I take your point.

She'd feel right at home for the pig-roast tonight if that were the case. wwwooooohhhhoooooohhhhhhaaaawwwwww
Pig roast? Tonight? What's your address, Gary? I'm comin' over!

smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Michael

Boy, I get somewhere between 40 and 80 junk emails a day, and I figured I must have deleted hers without realising, but when I checked this morning, there it was, confirmation from Gail Brownsord (with no subject line).

So take heart Aussies, your orders should start arriving some time next week, if mine is any indication.

By the way, Gails HUSBAND might have something to say about all of this.

As to emails going unanswered, Gail and the the warehouse staff have been busting their asses all week to get all the pre-orders and new orders shipped out, and I might hasten to add days EARLIER than planned. So I kinda doubt replying back to emailes is her #1 priority at the moment yet I know for a fact she has been doing that as well and putting in some really long hours.

Rest assured, if there is a problem with someones order, we will get it fixed, you should all know that by now, so just be patient, chill out a bit and everything will work out in the end.

Madmatt

Originally posted by Madmatt:

By the way, Gails HUSBAND might have something to say about all of this.

Heh, heh. Here that, Gary? Remember not to run in a straight line.

As to emails going unanswered, Gail and the the warehouse staff have been busting their asses all week to get all the pre-orders and new orders shipped out, and I might hasten to add days EARLIER than planned. So I kinda doubt replying back to emailes is her #1 priority at the moment yet I know for a fact she has been doing that as well and putting in some really long hours.
I will burn a stick of incense in her honor in my shrine.

Michael