Subdued

Mord

I was wondering whatever happened to the subdued movement we had in CMBO...I've always preferred that to the more cartoony colors that seem so prevalent in CMAK and CMBB...anybody else miss that style?

Magua, Tom, Gunslinger and DD all had a great knack for it not to mention Gordon and Marco with all those killer US mods they did.

And while I am thinking of it has anyone heard from Tom or anything about those killer looking mods he was showing us last year?

Mord.

EDITED: Yeah..tired and spelling are bad combos.

[ October 24, 2005, 11:19 PM: Message edited by: Mord ]

If you don't like any of the mods that have been done by the extremely talentled modders that have done the stuff they have done for cmbb and cmak, then don't install them in your games.

Also if you don't appreciate how lucky we where and are to have them around, just keep spouting off with this kind of unappreciative dribble.

Again if ya don't like whats around maybe you should shut your pie whole and make your own blinking mods, then maybe you'd understand and appreciate the quirky limits of the game engine in this regard.

Originally posted by DEY:

If you don't like any of the mods that have been done by the extremely talentled modders that have done the stuff they have done for cmbb and cmak, then don't install them in your games.

Also if you don't appreciate how lucky we where and are to have them around, just keep spouting off with this kind of unappreciative dribble.

Again if ya don't like whats around maybe you should shut your pie whole and make your own blinking mods, then maybe you'd understand and appreciate the quirky limits of the game engine in this regard.

Did we miss our nappy time DEY? I don't recall squeezing your head and pumping your leg but I must've.....

I guess I missed the part where I said all the other modders sucked and that I didn't use any of the mods produced....

Welp, Thanks for your response! You've got a great Pie Hole yourself....Mmmmmmmm Blueberry!

Mord.

Originally posted by Sivodsi:

I think you should try reinstalling CMBO just to appreciate what we have now. Everything is subdued in CMBB and CMAK compared to back then.

I've got it installed. That's why I asked the question. I think you guys need to be a tad less touchy....

Mord.

For anybody interested, (not you DEY, you need a time out)I got alot of the effect I was looking for just by cranking the gamma setting all the way up..it washes the colors out and tones them down a bit...excellent effect.

Mord.

I have nothing against CMBO and I am thankful it was made so such great games as CMBB and CMAK could be made afterwards. But in my honest opinion CMBB and CMAK look years ahead of CMBO. And thanks to all the fine modders that have moded the game for all of us who enjoy these wonderful games! smile.gif Especialy CMBB, the shear amount of bmps modded for this game is staggering! :D

Tschüß!

Erich

I hear yah on the subdued movement. In CMBB I modded all the trees to reduce the ruby green and raised the trunks so I could see my troops under them. In CMAK Italy I dulled the trees considerably and killed (yellowed) the tops to represent either mid-summer dry season or early autumn. The work was good enough for my own purposes but wasn't exactly upload quality. A slight change in hue doesn't seem to be reason enough to endure a 20 meg download!

Funny thing is, wandering Boston late summer recently I couldn't help notice how CM bright green the 'real' world looked that day! ;) So its not that the game's actually 'wrong' with the colors its got, its more what we're use to seeing on TV and other games.

Originally posted by MikeyD:

I hear yah on the subdued movement. In CMBB I modded all the trees to reduce the ruby green and raised the trunks so I could see my troops under them. In CMAK Italy I dulled the trees considerably and killed (yellowed) the tops to represent either mid-summer dry season or early autumn. The work was good enough for my own purposes but wasn't exactly upload quality. A slight change in hue doesn't seem to be reason enough to endure a 20 meg download!

I've got a pretty good Full Conversion that Gunslinger did for CMBB that tones down alot of the brightness...I just mod on top of it with vehicles and such to get the effect I am looking for.

Gurra's Dirty Open Ground,Dirty Open Ground renumbered for regular grass and Arid Rocks mods are a good base point for CMAK.

Mord.