CMAK Demo invincible tank

chiavarm

Down loaded the cmak demo and played the first battle, I was the allied player.

My tanks took plenty of hits (gun damage and intenal flaking) and some had crew casualities , but, non of my tanks were knocked out and all were firing there main gun.

Is this a glitch or am I just Good.(ha ha) I kicked the Germans butt.

Crew casualties wouldn't prevent the tank from firing, as they would just try to position the wounded / dead aside so they could continue operating the tank. If the gun was damaged then the tank shouldn't be shooting, but I doubt that was the case. Maybe you misinterpeted a 'gun hit' as a gun damage, or if they had two cannons maybe the other could still fire. Internal flaking is when a round hits a tank and doesn't penetrate, but hits hard enough to cause the armor inside to flake off on the crew which is potentially hazardous.

Originally posted by David I:

Chiavarm,

Well,

1. You had Grant and Sherman tanks vs PzIII M's, therefor you had the better tanks.

2. You were playing the AI.

3. You were playing the defense against an AI run offense.

4. You got a little lucky.

In short, don't get cocky.

DavidI

Whoooh don't get you panties in a bunch.

The historical outcome of the battle the allies got their butt kicked. I was expecting the same result.

Also, in CMBO/BB my tanks did not survive as may hits as these tanks did.

Honestly I thought the scenario was skewed purposely for the demo version.

Originally posted by chiavarm:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by David I:

Chiavarm,

Well,

1. You had Grant and Sherman tanks vs PzIII M's, therefor you had the better tanks.

2. You were playing the AI.

3. You were playing the defense against an AI run offense.

4. You got a little lucky.

In short, don't get cocky.

DavidI

Whoooh don't get you panties in a bunch.

The historical outcome of the battle the allies got their butt kicked. I was expecting the same result.

Also, in CMBO/BB my tanks did not survive as may hits as these tanks did.

Honestly I thought the scenario was skewed purposely for the demo version. </font>

Originally posted by TigerTiger:

I suggest JohnO should try the second battle as Allies (Line of Defense). Would wipe the smile off his face! <tee hee hee>

I will be happy to. I love the CM line.

This scenerio is on the demo? I only have the demo.

Still busy learning to play CMBB online as I am getting my butt kicked.

Chiavarm,

Although I stand by my four points, I do want to explain my "So don't get cocky" statement. 1st I ment no insult. 2nd if you play another scenario set in this time period and the Germans have a 50-50 mix of Pz III M's and Pz IV G's, or worse, just two Tigers your invunerable Shermans and Grants may end up as fiercely burning hulks.

3rd if you play a human player you may be surprized by how poorly the AI does on the offense.

With all due respect,

DavidI

Chiavarm,

David I is misleading you a little bit. Don't even play the AI, start playing humans. Then let us know how handily you whip their butts.

PS Dont' get your panties in a bunch over my panties being in a bunch.

Wow Larry, this editing function is really cool, never knew about it. How many years back can I go to erase embarassing typos and comments?

Will

Originally posted by TigerTiger:

I suggest JohnO should try the second battle as Allies (Line of Defense). Would wipe the smile off his face! <tee hee hee>

I played the second scenario and was doing real well 'til the tiger took out 3 shermans and a td.

But I did get that tiger with my second td. Took him out with a side shoot using scoot(?) and shoot.

Also liked the "dust" the Tiger was kicking up behind the trees.

Originally posted by willbell:

Chiavarm,

David I is misleading you a little bit. Don't even play the AI, start playing humans. Then let us know how handily you whip their butts.

PS Dont' get your panties in a bunch over my panties being in a bunch.

Wow Larry, this editing function is really cool, never knew about it. How many years back can I go to erase embarassing typos and comments?

Will

I guess your not reading all the posts. I did mention the fact I have been playing online and have not been fairing very well.

The answer I was looking for I recieved from Mike, Wisbeck_lad, and Falcon.

Thank you for the challenge. I have only been playing CMBB approx. 3 mos and CMB0 a couple more than that.

When I get my tactics down:

:DI WILL COME LOOKING FOR YOU!

[ February 17, 2005, 07:21 AM: Message edited by: chiavarm ]

There is no getting your tactics down, just jump in with both feet. Having started playing humans I can't get through two turns with the AI without getting bored out of my skull.

Try shopping the Peng Challenge thread, it's a bunch of blowhards that aren't too dangerous. Hone your skills on them.

CM partially models behind-armor effects. A small solid shot will do much less damage than a large shell with explosive filler. I'm trying to remember, does that demo have any German SP guns? A single 75mm penetration will do the work of three 50mm. On the downside the Lee's 37mm gun will go through a SP's armor like swiss cheese.

I was surprised myself at how well the Lee does in combat. This may be the case where the whole did not really equal the sum of its parts. BFC put in all the right stats and figures on the tank. But some extra variable wasn't factored in (rivet construction perhaps?) so the game's Lee is simply more competent than a real-life Lee.

Originally posted by MikeyD:

I was surprised myself at how well the Lee does in combat. This may be the case where the whole did not really equal the sum of its parts. BFC put in all the right stats and figures on the tank. But some extra variable wasn't factored in (rivet construction perhaps?) so the game's Lee is simply more competent than a real-life Lee.

I was under the impression that when the Lees came out they were the best tanks in the theater.

I was under the impression that when the Lees came out they were the best tanks in the theater.
yes at the time, but when mark iv's turnedup with the longer 75mm guns they were completely out classed. essentialy its reputation was down to it notbeing armed with 2pdr's. it had many draw backs such as the 75mm was inthe hull very tall and it was not manoverable compared to the german tanks. it may of been the best but was not particulaly good. it was not meant to be, it was ordered by the british to replace the losses at dunkirk.