Sorry Band of Brothers !

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Cpl Carrot:

Well no offense or anything, but I had a look at your claim, and as far as I can see the only reason you are on the top is that you have played twice as many games as anyone else. Your winning record of 65% is nothing extrodanary

Cpl Carrot

Mate,as I keep saying throughout the forum to my critics-Talk til you're blue in the face but that won't change the facts one iota, namely I AM the Rugged Defence Cmbb Ladder Leader! Live with it!

PS critics-Take care or I might publicly challenge YOU ! :cool:

(Edit to add-As regards statistics,I only lose 1 game in 4 and thats good enough for me!)

[ March 29, 2003, 07:11 PM: Message edited by: Poor Old Spike ]

Originally posted by xerxes:

Kilroy was right.

You know I'd have to agree with that now.

If this was joke POS this would be one thing, but trolling is not a way to win fans.

PS. No I'm not one of the good players and have no interest in a game.

Originally posted by mike8g:

Lou,

just ask anybody from the member list (one with a "yes" in the sponsor column), preferably one within your time zone.

I'm pretty sure he will be pleased to help you. smile.gif

Marcus

If you can't find/get one in the UK, then one of us in the rest of the world won't mind talking to you about it.

PS. No I'm not one of the good players and have no interest in a game. [/QB]

Hey COS mate-Firstly,there's no such thing as good or bad players,only experienced and inexperienced,so lighten up! One of the things I like doing at Rugged Defence is helping inexperienced players get the best out of the game and the best out of themselves,and I'm regarded as something of a father figure grog in there because of my advanced age (50-plus) and my years of wargaming experience!

In the 7 weeks since joining RD I've finished 45 pbems and currently have 23 going because people KNOW I'll be offering constant advice right from the buy screen through the final turn,together with a running feedback commentary during play itself, that's why people keep wanting to play me over and over!

I was hoping to help novice BoB's too..

(Incidentally,I also run a well-known wargame Battle Academy under another handle..)

COS,you or anybody wanting to come to RD can e-mail the boss Edwin at cyberfox@rugged-defense.nl :cool:

(Edit to add--alternatively just e-mail me for a non-ladder Battle Academy training pbem!)

[ March 30, 2003, 12:16 AM: Message edited by: Poor Old Spike ]

:cool: Dude your AWESOME!!!! Leader at the RD board? WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! I can’t believe I’m posting in the same thread as you. This is so F’ing cool! Tell me more about your wicked strategies dude!! Tanks hunting in packs?? What? You sir, are blowing my mind!!! Send me your autograph!!! YOU ROCK MAN!!!! ROOOOOOCCCCK!!! :cool:

Originally posted by Poor Old Spike:

Sure thing THumpre,come into the RD Ladder cauldron to rub shoulders with the hard men and we'll kick one off. (Sorry I don't play soft non-ladder fun games anymore) :cool:

Nope, that's not how it works sport. You stomp into the forum hooting about how big your yarbos are, talking the talk about challenging your critics. Well, I'm one of your critics and I don't feel inclined to rub shoulders with the "hard men" (yech, :eek: ) but I will take you up on your challenge. Send the setup or shut the hell up.

Dude your AWESOME!!!! Leader at the RD board? WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! I can’t believe I’m posting in the same thread as you. This is so F’ing cool! Tell me more about your wicked strategies dude!! Tanks hunting in packs?? What? You sir, are blowing my mind!!! Send me your autograph!!! YOU ROCK MAN!!!! ROOOOOOCCCCK!!!
LOL!!! Although the bit about rubbing the stat sheets over your naked body just left me with horrible mental images. *shudder*

Originally posted by Fionn:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> Dude your AWESOME!!!! Leader at the RD board? WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! I can’t believe I’m posting in the same thread as you. This is so F’ing cool! Tell me more about your wicked strategies dude!! Tanks hunting in packs?? What? You sir, are blowing my mind!!! Send me your autograph!!! YOU ROCK MAN!!!! ROOOOOOCCCCK!!!

LOL!!! Although the bit about rubbing the stat sheets over your naked body just left me with horrible mental images. *shudder* </font>

By the way gentlemen,I've already told RD I'm leaving the club when my current pbems are finished because there's no challenge in it any more because of my unassailable lead.

I think their scoring system makes it too easy for me. My win percentage is only around 65% after all.

Hey!-If I can get to the top spot,anybody can do it! Go for it! :cool:

Originally posted by Poor Old Spike:

By the way gentlemen,I've already told RD I'm leaving the club when my current pbems are finished because there's no challenge in it any more because of my unassailable lead.

I think their scoring system makes it too easy for me. My win percentage is only around 65% after all.

Hey!-If I can get to the top spot,anybody can do it! Go for it! :cool:

Yeah right.

I believe the battle you played against me you surrendered because of lack of knowledge of second world war tanks and of very, very limited view of deploying tanks. Because you always deploy them as one group. No matter how the terrain elements are.

Better play the game against the computer because the computer doesn’t mind your arrogance. I think it is better for you to go to a doctor because you have a serious problem “mate”. And just for your information you don’t have to quit RD because you will be kicked out just as before when you played under the Nickname.”HEADSHOT”.

Just my advices to all ladders better don’t let this guy enter you competition. Because he will screw it up just like he does in this forum.

Normally I don’t let me drag in this kind of childish chat but I’ve seen this al before on Rugged Defence I just wanted to warn you.

And to you Old Spike I will not react on any of your messages. :mad:

Jaws,you are gamey! You KNEW my T-34/76's wouldn't be able to frontally penetrate your Stug IIIF(lates),yet you still bought them. I NEVER buy them,because I prefer games where the tanks are equal and fair,that's why so many people enjoy playing me,because I play with decency and honour,and will NEVER pull cheap tricks on them!

BTW- I've told Rugged Defence I'm leaving the club when my current games are finished because the scoring system makes it too easy for me,and there's no challenge in it for me any more! Edwin the boss says to me "stay if you like",but I'm definitely going!(My time for gaming will be severely limited anyway as its spring here in Plymouth UK,and I shall be hanging about on the seafront more and more,trying to pick up a rich American widow off one of the cruise liners that regularly put in here,as well as haunting the posh bars and bistros around the millionnaires yacht marina to find a loaded bird to shag the rest of my life away with.I'm sure the lucky lady will appreciate my lovemaking style which is like my wargaming style--fast,brutal and decisive)

However,I shall no doubt resurface somewhere or other,but not necessarily with the same handle! Watch out,I'll be back! :cool:

I came,I saw,I conquered,I walked...

[ March 30, 2003, 04:33 PM: Message edited by: Poor Old Spike ]