Are CMBB Mods Worthwhile

CMBB looks as good out of the box as a fully modded CMBO (better, actually) because many of the top CMBO modders were called on to help with CMBB's default graphics.

And CMAK looks about as good out of the box as a fully modded CMBB, so BFC's learning curve continues to go up-up-up!

That being said, BFC simply didn't have the time to lavish excessive amounts of tender-loving care on each of the 300 or so vehicle types in the game. Tender-loving-care is exactly what the 3rd party mod artists can provide! CMBB's great out of the box, and with a little extra downloading it's a work of art too.

MikeyD's post is right on the money. As to whether you want to mod CMBB, that's entirely personal preference for the most part. Having said that I think you should at least take a look at the winter mods... adds a lot for me to have at least some white-washed armor in the snow.

As others have observed, its not the "must have" that CMBO was, but its really worthwhile...

- Game-play enhancer like grids and the ASL

buildings (clear difference between heavy &

light)

- Candy like CW's sound pack and the sky packs

- Tender loving care on certain vehicles

as mentioned above, plus snow etc.

(Just be careful not to loose your

camoflaged infantry in the snow!

I had one embarrassing experience that way!

:rolleyes: )

GaJ.