I'm not dead yet! * Early-war Soviet Uniform MOD Released! *

Early-war Soviets. They're done! Available for download now from the Combat Mission Mod Database

A whole mess o' pix:

Cavalry

cav1.jpg

Cavalry officers

cav2.jpg

Guards

guards.jpg

Airborne

airborne.jpg

Infantry

infantry.jpg

Naval infantry

naval.jpg

Naval troops are now more authentic, as I finally found some deecent source material. Soviet marines were issued regular army uniforms and used standard infantry insignia, but with the naval belt buckle, "foul anchor" sleeve patch, and blue/white stripey shirt, as seen here. Should be wearing sailor hats, but I can't do anything about that.

All units are depicted with 1941-pattern subdued insignia, including collar tabs, rank insignia, and cap badges.

[ May 14, 2003, 11:57 PM: Message edited by: AndrewTF ]

Originally posted by MikeyD:

It almost makes me weep to see how much sharper your pc screen displays tham my poor old mac.

By the way, astounding mods!

PC screen?!? Sir, I take offense to that accusation! ;) Hey, all my mods are 100% Macintosh made. :D

How old is your mac? The one I'm using now is an old 8600 with a G3 processer upgrade, gobs of memory, and a 32MB Radeon card. It's pretty old, in computer years.

I can get it to display the uniforms sharply by making a little test battle on the smallest map possible with one (1) enemy sharpshooter and a minimal amount of landscaping and troops. I'm also using your lo-res doodads and Capt. Wacky's lo-res grass and steppe, which help a lot. Unfortunately, the vehicle textures always get downsampled to some degree :( .

Originally posted by Panzerman:

Keep up the good work Andrew, they look great on my G4 with a 32mb Radeon... strange I have no problems with downsampling at all on mine unless the battle is on a map thats more than 4 km square.

I think that's the difference between PCI and AGP graphics cards. Eventually I'll get another machine...

Originally posted by MikeT:

Andrew, looks great, but any chance that you can put the blanket roll over the non-rifle shoulder?

MikeT

Well, I guess. I put it where it is as it did not interfere with the gas mask bag (or is it a breadbag?) strap. It won't take too much fiddling around to see how it will look.

smile.gif

Originally posted by honorata:

Superb mod! Naval infantry I like best . They are great improvement!

I wonder what will be coming next?? Partisans?

Maybe some vehicle mod like T-34, that haven`t been done right yet imho..

Regards Hon

PS: Sweet Kid Andrew, Congrats!

I was thinking "Axis Minors".

smile.gif

and thanks!

Axis Minors! Nice one! I've started some Mods for Italian troops, not nearly as good as yours. Do you want me to send you some examples with different Divisional patches etc? Say for the Blackshirt Troops or for the Novarra Lancers.

Ill only promise to send them if you dont laugh at my pitiful attempt at modding. redface.gif