New from-scratch Russian Guns mod!!!!!

Another from-scratch mod set uploaded to the Combat Mission Modification Database.

Subject:

57mm M1943 ZIS-2 anti-tank gun (dirty).

76.2mm M1942 ZIS-3 divisional gun (dirty).

Also, Soviet-type tire tread (dry ground/mud/snow versions).

You can get 'em at

http://www.cmmods.com/

These mods replace the rather 'basic' gun bmp art now in the game. These guns have been dirtied-up (thanks for the mud tutorial Gordon!), but a 'clean' version of this gun art may (hopefully) be scheduled for the eventual 1.02 patch.

I'd really like to use these guns but I have a question before I go get them & install them: will they conflict ( ie. look weird or funny ) with Gordon's CMMOS'ed whitewashed Soviet guns. I've got these & I don't want to have a problem with them as they took about EIGHT YEARS ( not kidding here ) to come through - I've got dial up access ( my building isn't wired for internet cable yet ).

Thanks in advance for the help. smile.gif

Originally posted by Rob Murray:

I'd really like to use these guns but I have a question before I go get them & install them: will they conflict ( ie. look weird or funny ) with Gordon's CMMOS'ed whitewashed Soviet guns. I've got these & I don't want to have a problem with them as they took about EIGHT YEARS ( not kidding here ) to come through - I've got dial up access ( my building isn't wired for internet cable yet ).

Thanks in advance for the help. smile.gif

They should not conflict as your whitewashed guns are for winter and these guns are for summer. They're twwo different sets of files, I think.

COG

I hate to say it, after months of playing this game I only recently discovered the L/17 in there (if that's what it was! Are you talking field gun caliber length or Italian tank designations?)

I do have a couple from-scratch CV-33 Tankettes I suppose I could share with the world (if the world wants 'em). Let me rummage through my folders.

[ January 07, 2003, 03:20 PM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]

Replying to Rex again.

I was planning to have a second look at the whole Russian gun line again. That long-barrel 45mm gun version has the wrong type wheels (should be solid instead of spoked), and the cute stumpy gun (L/17?) could use a Hi-Res gun shield. Hmmm, something to work on after watching Buffy tonight.