Small Battles series completed for CMBB

CMBB'ers

The last CMBB 'Small Battles' scenario went up at the Depot and I'll be shutting down the production line tonight. Twenty-six were produced.

Thanks to all the players who sent emails with criticism, threats, belittling jabs, insulting comments on my intelligence, size of my genitals and discussions about whether I was a born a cretin or just Michael Dorosh's twin. Special thanks to that one snail mail message with the large cheque and odd marriage proposal.

Thanks for your feed back, really.

Special thanks to Idwardo and Quinxi who were occasionally forced to play test when I would black mail them into it.

Yes no more CMBB Small Battles for the Russian front except for those pesky Spanish Civil War scenarios (Harry Ink [sLAP] play test faster please). Which can only be made using CMBBs horde of truly crappy armour and odd nationalities.

Small Battles will return with small fights for CMAK.

Good question.

I've just started a A Small Melee via TCP.

Great stuff.

I've downloaded a couple more but 26 you say?

Is there a way to get them all at once?

I hope there will be "Small Battles" in Africa and Italy.

Keep up the good work!

Flamingknives and Ted send me an email at

Wayne100@emirates.net.ae

and I'll ship the whole lot to you in one shot.

Ted 'a small melee'? Ah, plan for chaos.

Theike, thanks and yes it will be back plus two new series.

Skirmish? I know I used Crossfire, Spearhead and a few others, if I did I noted it in the briefing. I find using existing material from miniature guys helpful - they usually are overjoyed and give me permission to convert - and they usually take care to make it balanced and small. If you have any skirmish materials (that may be used with permission) for the CMAK let me know.

I'm playing my first "small battle" now as a pbem and it's great. Actually so far it's the best, er, small battle (generically of this size) in CMBB that I've played. Kudos to your hard work, I think you scenario designers are the salt of the CM earth. I'll be using your "small battles" a lot, if this one is any indication.

Thanks!

Konstantine

I must ask which one you are playing.

Thanks Markshot

For those that requested I've emailed you the entire Small Battles collection. Additionally prior to creating the name 'small battles' I did a number of smaller scenario that were very similar to the small battles concept. Out of the 67 scenario I did for CMBB, minus PanzerBlitz and few larger ones and the odd operation most of them are suitable as 'small battles'.

In the emails I got several questions more than once so I'll answer them here

How long to create? Anywhere from an 1 1/2 hours to weeks, a few scenario (eight) have never been finished as I cannot get them to function the way I want.

My own favorite? The Spanish Civil War ones, many of these are not listed as small battles but are built in its style, these are Albandero, Non Pasaran!, Cerro de los Angeles, La Coruna road (big), Batallion Thaelmann & Viva Cristo Rey!

Most difficult scenario: Sons of a hero - if played from the German side this small scenario will have you cursing the CM game, your life, the Soviets and the designer.

Most hated scenario: Small battles, near Smolensk.

I knew people would hate this one - it was designed to annoy my brother, it did. Spearhead folks spearhead.

Worse scenario idea? The never released, Small battles, the opera unsung' Had a small town flooded with fighting between building using fords... horrible.