(OT) Any chance bf.c will show # posts per user?

Originally posted by Firefly:

COG, the number of posts is in your profile, you've currently got 458. The problem with making it more apparent is that you get idiots posting tripe just to up their score. The idiots on this board are quite capable of posting tripe without any incentive.

I have to agree; far better to judge on the quality and content of posts than the quantity of posts. Of course, certain idiots do tend to draw attention to their own posting stats anyway and trumpet their "achievements" when they hit, oh, say the 4000 mark.

Originally posted by ColumbusOHGamer:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Firefly:

COG, the number of posts is in your profile, you've currently got 458.

That's not quite correct. *YOU* can see how many posts I've made, but I can not see my own. Kinda backasswards if you ask me....

COG </font>

Erm you can click on your own profile you know, it's the first icon above one of your posts.

OOPPS! :rolleyes: Guess I left my :confused: Dumb-Sh!t :confused: hat on a little too long this morning. I was looking at my profile via the "my profile" link at the top of the PAGE...didn't even think about trying the linkn in my posts. I assumed (I know, I know) that they pointed to the same place.

Will someone at bf.c please lock/delete this thread so I don't look like a complete moron. I'd like to go back to being a partial moron... ;)

COG

With the emphasis already put on low member numbers by certain "special" people, adding another number to the member's displayed information would make the problem even worse. We've all seen to what lengths one member would go to make his quota of however-many thousand posts in a year. This is not something to encourage.

...The problem with making it more apparent is that you get idiots posting tripe just to up their score. The idiots on this board are quite capable of posting tripe without any incentive.

This is sig-worthy material. Once I finish displaying whatever sig MasterGoodale will be imposing, I'd like to use this. Would that be okay with you, Firefly?

I happen to agree that leaving the post numbers out of obvious view is a good thing. In many forums people with low post numbers are sometimes discounted as if they just were born the day before and have no idea of the subject matter they are talking about. And likewise, because someone has a lot of posts they almost start deluding themselves into thinking that makes them right, and they actually know what they are talking about. (this occurs here from time to time with member numbers). It detracts in a small way from actually looking and what they are saying and basing your reactions or opinions on the message conveyed.

Of course us Americans are always absurdly enamored with stats...

Los

Originally posted by ColumbusOHGamer:

Guess I left my :confused: Dumb-Sh!t :confused: hat on a little too long this morning.

COG

Hey!

I was told that I had to wear mine every time I posted or else the security field surrounding the Forum would deflect my posts!

They said this only applies to those whose member numbers are over 11,000.

Do I have to keep wearing it? :confused:

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Firefly:

COG, the number of posts is in your profile, you've currently got 458. The problem with making it more apparent is that you get idiots posting tripe just to up their score. The idiots on this board are quite capable of posting tripe without any incentive.

I have to agree; far better to judge on the quality and content of posts than the quantity of posts. Of course, certain idiots do tend to draw attention to their own posting stats anyway and trumpet their "achievements" when they hit, oh, say the 4000 mark. </font>