Two turns per e-mail is here

Originally posted by Edward Windsor:

OK, now here's the rub. I really want to try this ... but the only problem is I mainly play CMBO.

Please, please, please can you fix it for me to enjoy "two turns per email" on the Western Front?

I will do it now that CMBB is working properly. Just uploaded a fixed version, btw. smile.gif

1.3.300 (17.3.2003)

Fixed: Hot key F5 for sending the next numbered file name in CMBB didn't work.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still had bugs! :(

1.3.303 (18.3.2003)

Fixed: Hot keys stopped working after a game was run once.

New: CMBB fast&trust mode enhancements: Automatically quits CMBB after 30 seconds if the skipping of other player's movie replay does not work, and restores the display colors.

I am planning now to make this fast mode more secure:

* Make the VBS code encrypted (plain code still visible for the curious)

* Better password encryption

* Does not start fast&trust mode if screen blanking does not work

After these you can be pretty sure that the other player cannot see your units. Or at least it requires much harder hacking.

I will make the CMBO version first, though. smile.gif

• 3 weeks later...

1.3.309 (8.4.2003)

New: Encrypted password in CMBB fast&trust mode is more secure.

New: Checks that VBS code has not been modified (CMBB.VBS.MD5).

New: Does not allow CMBB fast&trust mode unless the screen blanking works. Test this with new hot keys.

New: Gamma hot keys work now as follows: Ctrl+Shift+

0: Restore default (how it was before PBEM Helper was loaded).

1 - 8: Gamma = from 1.0 to 2.75 in steps of 0.25. 1.0 is usually the same as default, 2.75 is the brightest.

9: Blank screen to grey, use this to test if it works in CMBB fast&trust mode.

New: File / "Oppnent PBEM Helper version" shows your opponent's version, if you have received a .PBM file.

I'm using PBEM Helper since a few weeks and it saves me a lot of work. Thank you Fuerte smile.gif .

There is a little problem though. Today I tried to start a little test scenario (CMBO) against myself to try 'two turns per email'. I opened a scenario as the AXIS player, clicked play by PBEM, and after setup I saved it with the name 2-test-001.txt. It shows up in PBEM helper as expected. I edit the battle introducing the email adress and password. But after clicking on TRUST/SECURE a error message pops up with the following text (partly translated from Spanish, use at own risk ;) ):

Error while executing CMBB.vbs statement: GameEdit

Error the object doesn't except this property? or method: Matches1 Line 1040 Error 438 Text: the object doesn't except this property? or method: Matches1 (Error in the execution of Microsoftscript during execution).

Maybe I have to update a dll or something, wasn't there something like a VB-runtime library that's sometimes problematic? (Just guessing here I'm no computer expert).

[ April 18, 2003, 06:35 PM: Message edited by: moneymaxx ]

• 3 weeks later...

There has been two new versions since my last post:

1.3.312 (5.5.2003)

Fixed: Problem with ZIP operation.

New: File / "Encrypt password that is in clipboard" function.

New: Help / About / Mail me.

1.3.310 (22.4.2003)

Fixed: Hopefully fixed a random CMBB fast&trust mode problem (Helper opened a file too quickly).

New: Added File / Show Log Ctrl+L. It does not show anything useful now, it is just used for debugging.

moneymaxx: You don't need to change that file into trust&secure mode, it already is in that mode if the name begins with 2- characters.

That error is because you don't have new enough VBScript engine. Download it from Microsoft Windows Script

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

HELP

using version 1.3.326 which i just downloaded

it worked fine until i tried to convert a game to trusted/secure, then i got

"Error while executing CMBB.VBS statement: Main

Error: Unexpected quantifier

Line: 737

Text:

Error 5018: Unexpected quantifier (Microsoft VBScript runtime error)"

now i get that whenever i try to play a game, PBEM Helper opens but if i click play i get the error.

uninstalling reistalling doesn't help

using Win2k btw

thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by WineCape:

As an avid PBEM Helper user before this new current invention/idea by Fuerte (and Karch), I will be following this thread with curiosity. .... If you can make it work via a practical, fool-proof way, consider yourself richer with 6 bottles of South African wine as just reward for your current and continued efforts with your [PBEM HELPER] program.

A promise made is a promise kept. Time for delivery Fuerte!

Please provide me with your address for you know what....

Sincerely,

Charl Theron

logo.gif

-----------------------------------------------------

</font>

• Sponsor of the (now infamous) Invitational (Ari Maenpaa)</font>
  • Sponsor of the 2 WineCape Tourneys (Fangorn’s Brazilian customs drank the wine prize up! + KiwiJoe)</font>
  • Sponsor of the Nordic Championships in honor of Nabla (His scoring system revolutionized CM tourney play)</font>
  • Rumblings of War, aka RoW I/II/III and beyond tourney sponsor (Wreck/Ali+Kanonier+Jon_L/~)</font>
  • Grateful donateur to the drinking habits of Battlefront.com (Baldy received the Fat Bastard Chardonnay)</font>
  • Thank You donation send to Manx (He used to run the “sexiest CMBO modsite on the net”)</font>
  • Wine donation send to Boots & Tracks for their scenarios created specifically for RoW tournaments</font>
  • Wine donation send to Gordon Molek for his CMMOS utility (Thereby making the installing of CM mods a breeze)</font>
  • Wine donation send to Andrew Fox for his CM modding work</font>
  • Wine donation send to Keith Miller @ Scenario Depot for his dedication in hosting CM scenarios</font>
  • Sponsor-to-be of Pengville’s “Gamey Bastard” tourney (In honor of Seanachai + Lars for showing an act of kindness to an outerboarder - Well, bribery does pay.)</font>

[ September 02, 2003, 02:42 PM: Message edited by: WineCape ]

Sergei, get lost! I live near Helsinki so I'm the one should deliver those bottles!

Empty of course...

-Nekander

Originally posted by Sergei:

If Fuerte doesn't show up, you can just send the wines to me and I'll deliver the bottles to him the next time I go to Helsinki...

(Well I would have them delivered, but just the bottles though! :D:D:D )

Or then you could just e-mail him. Has worked before. ;)

As an authorised representative of the Royal Finnish Wino Society (look, it says so in my t-shirt), I must tell you that if you send him 6 bottles of wine, they'll get confiscated in the customs. But the people in customs know my name, they don't bother if it's just alcohol or light drugs and so they'll let it go. Thus I can guarantee that most of the wine would get to the rightful destination!

See Fuerte, I have attached your big bright brain at the top of the signature below..

logo.gif

-----------------------------------------------------

</font>

• Wine donation on offer to Fuerte for his PBEM HELPER, an excellent tool if you play more than one PBEM at a time and have a Windows OS</font>
  • Sponsor of the (now infamous) Invitational (Ari Maenpaa)</font>
  • Sponsor of the 2 WineCape Tourneys (Fangorn’s Brazilian customs drank the wine prize up! + KiwiJoe)</font>
  • Sponsor of the Nordic Championships in honor of Nabla (His scoring system revolutionized CM tourney play)</font>
  • Rumblings of War, aka RoW I/II/III and beyond tourney sponsor (Wreck/Ali+Kanonier+Jon_L/~)</font>
  • Grateful donateur to the drinking habits of Battlefront.com (Baldy received the Fat Bastard Chardonnay)</font>
  • Thank You donation send to Manx (He used to run the “sexiest CMBO modsite on the net”)</font>
  • Wine donation send to Boots & Tracks for their scenarios created specifically for RoW tournaments</font>
  • Wine donation send to Gordon Molek for his CMMOS utility (Thereby making the installing of CM mods a breeze)</font>
  • Wine donation send to Andrew Fox for his CM modding work</font>
  • Wine donation send to Keith Miller @ Scenario Depot for his dedication in hosting CM scenarios</font>
  • Sponsor-to-be of Pengville’s “Gamey Bastard” tourney (In honor of Seanachai + Lars for showing an act of kindness to an outerboarder - Well, bribery does pay.)</font>

EDIT: Fuerte is a bit shy gents, hence editing of first signature line...

[ September 04, 2003, 05:20 AM: Message edited by: WineCape ]

Originally posted by WineCape:

A promise made is a promise kept. Time for delivery Fuerte!

Please provide me with your address for you know what....

Ugh! Sorry about the delay, I should read this forum more often, but I'm so busy playing two-turns-per-e-mail smile.gif with my regular opponent! Thanks to him (Tom Snäll), btw, he has found many bugs.

I'll send you the address by e-mail... I never thought that I would actually gain something from this, except perhaps a good state of mind.

Here are some more instructions how to start a new game in fast+trust mode:

How to start a fast+trust mode game (thanks Andrew!)

</font>

• Start a PBEM game, save the game with 2- prefix (e.g. 2-PBEM or 2-PBEM001 if you use numbered system (the temporary 2+ files are always numbered and backed up, so you don't usually need this)). You can use PBEM Helper File / Generate Password F11 to create a random password, and then Ctrl+Shift+P to send the password (in clipboard) to CMBB when it asks it. Send the game to your opponent (in .PBM format).</font>
  • Open (don't save) the PBM file from this email. This automatically opens PBEM Helper.</font>
  • Make sure your password is in the game file by Game / Edit / Generate (if you have put it there once, it will always be there). Fast+trust mode does not work without the password.</font>
  • Have the CM disk in the CD drive.</font>
  • Select the game file and press the play button (or use F9 key, or double-click it if the status is Play).</font>
  • In turn 3 or 5 (depending if this is a Quick Battle where both purchased units) you have to switch to fast mode by clicking Yes in the message box.</font>
  • CM will automatically start, the game will automatically be selected and
    your password automatically entered.</font>
  • Do your turn(s).....</font>
  • If it ever goes out to the Save Game screen, don't enter the name yourself, just press the F5 key and it does it automatically.</font>
  • Once it is the end of things, it will automatically close CM and send you
    back to PBEM helper.</font>
  • If you have Options / Automatically Send Played Games enabled, PBEM Helper will then automatically zip and send the turn to your opponent. It is good to have Taunt Your Opponent checked if you use automatic sending, so that you can cancel it if needed.</font>