Two turns per e-mail is here

Also running Windows 98SE, and for some reason my F5 shortcut does not work. But Fast&Secure is working, the best thing since sliced bread.

Fuerte,

Question: How do I make sure Fast&Secure mode works inCMBO? Reading your notes, I see that F&S for CMBO has been added in v1.3.304 already, so I assume that just naming the PBEM file with the prefix "2-" will do the trick as in CMBB?

Earlier in this thread you mentioned some file that has to be copied to enable F&S in CMBO. I assume this excercise is moot now?

[ October 07, 2003, 04:03 AM: Message edited by: WineCape ]

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Er, help.

I converted file 006 to a "fast and trust" PBM file, which my opponent managed to use (although it wasn't as smooth as it could have been. To quote: "When I did it, it locked up when I first saved my "plot" file, and I had to use task manager to get out of PBEM. However next time I went in it seemed to have managed to save my "plot" file, took me through a "grey" screen which I presume was it hiding your move from me, then went to my "watch" file, then my plot file again.")

In return I get a PBM file.

I double click on it, which fires up PBEM Helper. Strangely the status on the game is "Wait", but I click on play anyway (and get a warning message, which I ignore).

The file (which I presume is 007?) loads, I view my turn, click "go" and save the file as 008.

The next file is automatically loaded (009?), so I can then plot my turn. After clicking "go" I save this as 010.

The next file is automatically loaded, but is greyed out (I assume this is is my opponent's movie).

CMBB then quits, I'm kicked back to the desktop and PBEM Helper says it can't find file 011.

I've viewed the help file and I'm still very confused - what gives?

Teddy

[ October 08, 2003, 08:20 AM: Message edited by: Edward Windsor ]

Originally posted by WineCape:

Also running Windows 98SE, and for some reason my F5 shortcut does not work. But Fast&Secure is working, the best thing since sliced bread.

Fuerte,

Question: How do I make sure Fast&Secure mode works inCMBO? Reading your notes, I see that F&S for CMBO has been added in v1.3.304 already, so I assume that just naming the PBEM file with the prefix "2-" will do the trick as in CMBB?

Earlier in this thread you mentioned some file that has to be copied to enable F&S in CMBO. I assume this excercise is moot now?

It should work exactly the same as with CMBB. There is no need to do anything extra.

F5 not working in Win98 is odd. Also I got one 2- file from a Win98 guy, skipping the other player's view turn didn't work for him, but it worked on my machine without problems. Great to hear that it works on your Win98.