Simple requests for 1.03 (I think)

I request Tanks and mortar teams be able to be told a number of rounds to fire on a target command before disengaging the target (or area). :mad: Some games get to the point where every round counts. You could just say Area Target and a window would pop up asking how many rounds of what's left to fire. You enter 5 and that's it. It fires 5 rounds then stops. Sometimes that's all that is neccessary to get the job done. :mad:

Another teensy request.....

have an optional aar screen that talks about the historical results of the battle. I realize that lots of scenario designers include this in the briefing, but some of them are spoilers. For example, Danube Blues....historical context Axis gets murtilized. Me, being axis, think hmmmmm....that must mean lots of infantry in buildings or AT teams or whatnot. So I adjust my tactics accordingly. I'm kicking my friends butt.

Much better to know AFTER the fact how the historical action turned out.

Personally - I would love to see tank commanders that are smart enough to disengage an area target command on a house when an enemy tank appears within view. I just love watching a tank go up in flames after the enemy taking 3-5 shots at my tank with no response at all from my veteran crew.

Thats what must be done:

You put "move" here, take a pause of N-seconds here hiding, then "move" there.

Or even this way:

Walk till the forest ends, then stop and look around, if no one's there, run to the other forest. Bitch.

redface.gif

We need optionally more complicated algorythms to program our r.o.b.o.t.s with (i think).

[ May 19, 2003, 04:34 PM: Message edited by: ['nzn] ]

I was recently told of a move to save flamethrowers from burning through their ammo but haven't even thought to try it on mortors or tanks. If you target a flamethrower to an area and also give it a move command or pause then move command it will shoot off a few bursts and them stop. The move command worked when giving just the smallest distance. Try it out.

The request at the top probably should be directed at CMAK, not the CMBB patch 1.03. I rather suspect the final patch will just involve sanding off the few remaining rough corners to the game before calling it a day, not opening up entire new cans-o-worms.

But with CMAK we're going to have a whole 'nother game to pester them to add new features to! Whooppee!!!