How can I blow bridges (I would like 2 do it when the enemy is on it)

Never tried it in CMBO...But in CMBB your engineers can blow bridges. Get then close and have them fire on the bridge (area). They will throw sachtel charges. Takes two or three for a light bridge. More for Medium and Heavy bridges. I have used blowing a bridge as an objective in the briefing in one of my scenarios.

I was playing a CMAK scenario last week and I has convinced myself that engineers could clear barbed wire.

It only after having two sections of engineers fumble around in wire for about 8 turns did I realise that it was all in my head. redface.gif

So J-Sun I know how you feel, getting all worked up with a masterful plan at hand and yet the only flaw is the thick head of the guy the came up with the plan. :rolleyes:

Mark

• 3 weeks later...

I had a hell of a time blowing a bridge the other day with some American engineers. Ever try to use your satchels out in the open, under machine gun fire from your end of the bridge, and German tanks racing across from the other end trying desperately to stop you and firing bullets & HE rounds? I can tell you it wasn't fun. We managed to hit it one satchel and all it would've required was one more, but the tanks got across before we could do it and surrounded my engineers. Then they went on to route the rest of my forces on the map.

I am fighting the excellent Foy-Noville CMBO scenario. I had 2 Sherm 105s and a couple of supporting 75mms cross a heavy stone bridge and then fire on it. I think it blew apart on the first turn. On tests it took 2 or 3 turns. So DFHE will do it. I suspect that if i'd only had 75s, I'd have been pumping the bridge for about 5 turns.

• 2 weeks later...

I blew a bridge with a halftrack on it, and the destroyed halftrack remained magically suspended in air after the bridge dropped out from under it. I think -- not sure -- that if a vehicle gets knocked out before the bridge drops, the game's logic tells it to leave the vehicle in place, in this case suspended in air.

I also unloaded several hundred gallons of flamethrower fuel to satisfy myself that flamethrowers cannot set a bridge on fire.

Originally posted by Jobu88:

I blew a bridge with a halftrack on it, and the destroyed halftrack remained magically suspended in air after the bridge dropped out from under it. I think -- not sure -- that if a vehicle gets knocked out before the bridge drops, the game's logic tells it to leave the vehicle in place, in this case suspended in air.

I also unloaded several hundred gallons of flamethrower fuel to satisfy myself that flamethrowers cannot set a bridge on fire.

Normally it just vanishes, so I think that was just a little glitch.

I once had a tank come onto a bridge at full speed after a curve in CMBO, and it just didn't turn tight enough so it drove off the bridge, into the river! And there it stayed, undamaged but immobile.