Tiger Manual

Thanks for that link. Really interesting to see that manual.

Am I the only one laughing myself silly at the short mottos on almost every page? Like this one

Drum scheisse weniger, treffe mehr,

Das freut den Reichsminister Speer

or this one

Spar Munition es reicht bereits,

ein wagen voll zum Ritterkreuz

[ January 08, 2003, 12:35 PM: Message edited by: Leutnant Hortlund ]

Hrm, first a lill disclaimer. My German is not what it should be, maybe someone from Germany can correct all my grammar errors here. Anyway, the first one says something along the lines of

You should shoot less and hit more, that makes Reichsminister Speer (armaments minister) happy.

The other one says

Save your ammo, you have plenty enough

to fill your wagon with Knights crosses.

Of cource they sound a bit better in German since it rhymes. They lose in the translation, and they loose even more since I am the one doing the translating smile.gif

Originally posted by Strontium Dog:

This might be old news? I just came across this manual for Tiger crews and thought you guys might find it interesting.

Tiger manual

Amongst other things there are some armour penetration charts for some of the commonly encountered enemy tanks

I bought an English translation of this a couple of years ago. Don't know if it's still in print. Very interesting stuff.

Originally posted by Leutnant Hortlund:

Spar Munition es reicht bereits,

ein wagen voll zum Ritterkreuz

The other one says

Save your ammo, you have plenty enough

to fill your wagon with Knights crosses.

The translation is not quite correct. It´s about:

"Save ammunition, one full load of it is enough to gain a Knight´s cross."

Just a minor thing but anyway Knight´s crosses were not that easy to earn ;)

Tiger1.info, and the site author David Byrden have been extremely helpful and accomodating. Even my dumbest questions have been answered, although sometimes it takes a while.

I consider this the best site on the web for modeling the Tiger 1, bar none.

A stupid question, but here goes: on the bottom page charts, concerning Tiger vs. other tanks, there are 3 numbers on top of the illustrations. First is (?) the maximun range where the enemy can destroy the Tiger, second is (?) the maximun range where the Tiger can destroy the enemy frontally, both in hundred metres (a sort of a quick reference maybe). What is the third number for ?

Everything else I can understand, but this little thing puzzles me.