Of mice, men, mold and maggots -- it's the MasterGoodale thread

Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Soddball:

They made me! Nidan said sumfink about having a nice Volvo and I couldn't help myself!

*shudder*

A rather funny bit, actually. Of course, in a land of wall to wall SUV huge pieces o' ****e, it's hard to get worked up about Volvos. Still, I laughed. </font>

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mmmff. Might as well get to my purpose for being here.

Mike the Wino (bolded because I'm pretty sure I had a good reason to do so, but I can't remember it much, nor large chunks of the last few days), your presence is graciously requested by YK2 in the Peng Challenge Thread.

You should probably show up. I mean, a lot more hideous people than I could be sent over here to get you. Really.

Tell Master Goodale that the 'Master Goodale threads' are now my favourite Evil Clown Band.

Everything about them simply screams Evil Clown.

There is a Light That Never Goes Out

by The Smiths

Lyrics by Morrissey

Take me out tonight

Where there's music and there's people

And they're young and alive

Driving in your car

I never never want to go home

Because I haven't got one

Anymore

Take me out tonight

Because I want to see people and I

Want to see life

Driving in your car

Oh, please don't drop me home

Because it's not my home, it's their

Home, and I'm welcome no more

And if a double-decker bus

Crashes into us

To die by your side

Is such a heavenly way to die

And if a ten-ton truck

Kills the both of us

To die by your side

Well, the pleasure - the privilege is mine

Take me out tonight

Take me anywhere, I don't care

I don't care, I don't care

And in the darkened underpass

I thought Oh God, my chance has come at last

(But then a strange fear gripped me and I

Just couldn't ask)

Take me out tonight

Oh, take me anywhere, I don't care

I don't care, I don't care

Driving in your car

I never never want to go home

Because I haven't got one, da ...

Oh, I haven't got one

And if a double-decker bus

Crashes into us

To die by your side

Is such a heavenly way to die

And if a ten-ton truck

Kills the both of us

To die by your side

Well, the pleasure - the privilege is mine

Oh, There Is A Light And It Never Goes Out

There Is A Light And It Never Goes Out

Wow, the crooning of Axe. Makes me think about the 200+ cds I have sitting in a box and no place to put them. :(

I know that I have just about all of The Smith's records on cd, even the crappy last couple. :mad:

Couldn't have put up "Reel around the fountain" or "What difference does it make"? Now I really have to go find those cds, jones-ing for some old-school......

Originally posted by Axe2121:

Oh, There Is A Light And It Never Goes Out

bored.gif

Originally posted by Keke:

Also known as the Finnish national anthem. Well, for half the year. For the half it's:

Oh, There Is A Light And It Never Comes On

There Is A Light And It Never Comes On

Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Dave H:

Everyone see YK2's rules for the latest version of the Peng thread? Now they are sending all the "unwelcome" visitors to what is referred to as the "Other Thread", where YK2 says we will welcome them with TNT.

I think that's a wonderful idea. Nothing like free advertising courtesy of the "competition". Thank you, YK2. :D:D:D

Competition? You handle our run off. Rather like a drainage ditch.

Careful or we'll send over the Commissioner of drains. Do you really want 50 odd posts by the Justicar? </font>

HEAR YE, HEAR YE

In a battle of epic proportions the stalward Germanic lads have defeated the Red Army yet again. Comrade MasterGoodale has shown his true nature....that of LOSER. Bested to the tune of 78 to 22 by yours truly, mike_the_drunkonvictory.

In a setup that was at times brilliant and chancey I was set to allow the master of maggots the flag on the right and one on the left...and all he could manage was the one on my right flank. Unt. Palke, Tiger, is deserving the Iron Cross for causing the destruction of 2 SU-152s (one of which was a one-timer), 1 Stug IIIF, and 25 inf casualities. Aiding Palke was Unt. Anglen with the destruction of 1 OT-34, 1 T-34/43, and 17 infantry. The AAR showed 196 Germans on the field against 134 at the end of the game. Russian losses were 334 inf and 10 vehicles, versus 106 German inf and 2 vehicles lost.

Way to suck, MG. Now change your sig to reflect you enjoy being "my love-monkey".

YEA ME, WOOT!!!

I feel an update coming on....la la la la......cough.....

Dave Horriblus has sffered bucketloads of hot flaming TNT raining down on him, yet resolutely refuses to show me where he is in some silly scenario or other - apparently I've got 18 moves left to impale by brave defenders of the Proleteriate revolution on the guns of his fascist horde.

While having opened Mistress Poorpiss's latest effort I must say it looks damned gamey - minisucule numbers of eliet germans can only mean vast waves of TNT targets coming from teh other side!! redface.gifredface.gifredface.gif

My poor unsuspecting opponetn has yet to taste teh joy of one of MG's scenarios, so I look forward to howls of outrage soon.

And has anyone seen Princess Oilgun lately - missing in action before turn 1 even - damned cowardly I reckon - where's teh TNT chucking fun in that??? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by Mike:

Dave Horriblus has sffered bucketloads of hot flaming TNT raining down on him, yet resolutely refuses to show me where he is in some silly scenario or other - apparently I've got 18 moves left to impale by brave defenders of the Proleteriate revolution on the guns of his fascist horde.

You knew the job was dangerous when you took it! What are you griping about? Springtime is coming for you! tongue.gif

And has anyone seen Princess Oilgun lately - missing in action before turn 1 even - damned cowardly I reckon - where's teh TNT chucking fun in that???
He's probably gathering candles for Finland's six months of darkness which will be starting in a few days. Either that or Keke has shot him and mounted his head on a wall as a trophy. Maybe that's also where MasterGoodale (the maggot) has gone. I think Keke has it in him to whack them both. Badda-bing! :D

Hey, exactly where did that picture of the station wagon come from? :eek:

BDLRM update: Mike, Teddy Widsor, and MasterGoodale are off and running with three completely different and futile plans. Mike_the_nugget-wino, THumpre, and GrumpyBear are setting up their Soviet assaults. Since I mainly press GO for the defense, there's room for more to participate. You have to ask yourself, "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do you, punk? :D

DaveH and I have concluded our little rumble at Stalino. The outcome was a draw after a ceasefire; each of us held one half of the map with no intention of getting slaughtered by walking into the killzone separating one side from the other.

However, Dave, had I known how many of your guns I'd taken out... :D

Originally posted by Becket:

DaveH and I have concluded our little rumble at Stalino. The outcome was a draw after a ceasefire; each of us held one half of the map with no intention of getting slaughtered by walking into the killzone separating one side from the other.

Becket, Becket, Becket, did you not notice the 120 mm mortar FOs targeting your 50 mm and 20 mm guns? Their life expectancy was measured in seconds. My T-34s were hoping your infantry would come back down the hill for a whiff of cannister. Most of all, yes, you had knocked out my three 45 mm AT guns, but my 76 mm was still poised directly above your two remaining StuGs, ready to punch large holes through the tops.

On the other hand, my conscripts weren't about to try advancing on your elite and crack troops. Our foxholes and trenches were far too safe and comfy to leave.

Originally posted by Dave H:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Becket:

Becket, Becket, Becket, did you not notice the 120 mm mortar FOs targeting your 50 mm and 20 mm guns? Their life expectancy was measured in seconds. My T-34s were hoping your infantry would come back down the hill for a whiff of cannister. Most of all, yes, you had knocked out my three 45 mm AT guns, but my 76 mm was still poised directly above your two remaining StuGs, ready to punch large holes through the tops.

On the other hand, my conscripts weren't about to try advancing on your elite and crack troops. Our foxholes and trenches were far too safe and comfy to leave. </font>

As there are no rules in The Cheery Waffle Thread, one can post wistfully if that is one's choice:

SO BE IT

Well what about the Cheery Waffle Thread?

During a recent medical illness that beset my family I had the good fortune of getting to know Dave H and Axe. Their cheerful attitude and open-hearted friendship were offered and gratefully accepted. It did much to brighten the long days. These two will always hold a very high place in my heart and esteem.

This Thread is vibrant and alive, the wit is sharp and pointed. There are no slackers here!

Goodale in all his glory keeps the timid away with his bombast and unique style.

I am an older guy who remembers a time like this in my life when I was in college. Life was fresh and exciting, the people I met were fascinating and intelligent. It was a good time to be alive.

This Thread and this Forum are the nearest thing to recapturing that feeling I have ever experienced, and I wish to personally thank all of you for the honor of your company.

Now tomorrow maggots we will resume normal posting techniques :D

Originally posted by mike_the_wino:

If I hadn't released Snarker from the sig line obligation in "Thunder on Dniester", I would be boasting another "little love-monkey".

79-21, Tactical Victory for all you drinking stiffs.

{Shudders} Love monkey to McNugget au Vin. Thank gawd this was such a 'orribly unbalanced scenario that even a man who is in a perpetual state of inebriation could see it.

I nominate Rune for M-T-W's honorary love-monkey for being such an Eevilâ„¢ scenario designer. Curse his eyes! :mad: :mad: