• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Axe2121:

Cold sweats, shakes — I've got to cut back on the marriages. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Maybe I'll take up drinking full-time.

Axe

I don't remember much about my wedding, it was a long time ago (everything was in black & white then). But the one thing that I will never forget was when the music started to play Here Comes the Bride and my wife stepped through the door in her wedding finery, I almost lost it.

I'll never forget that moment.

And no, there was no alcohol until after the ceremony.

[ September 09, 2003, 05:02 PM: Message edited by: Jim Boggs ]

Ah, marriage. Not to worry, Axe. Just think of all the history behind the marriage ceremony. In the good ole days, sometimes men grabbed their unwilling bride and took someone they could trust to cover their back. Yes, "The Best Man". You stand on the right to keep your sword arm free should the wife's family decide to get their daughter back. Carry her across the threshold? You had to, she's unwilling, remember? Oh, and the honeymoon. Well, honeymead was provided for a month (one moon) to assure fertility.

So think of how much fun a wedding used to be for men. :D

Originally posted by Mouse Iz A Hoor Not Worthy Of Bolding:

Squeak!

Oh, aren't you the masculine one. :mad:

On your way to sodding off, I hope you will fall prey to the several mousetraps I set on my way in. I will not have you here spreading god knows what diseases. :mad: :mad: :mad: Spread them among the Peng regulars instead ! :D Just, leave our Nugget alone, I've got some unfinished business with him. :mad:

I'm sorry my fellow maggots, but no turns will be sent tonight by me. You'll all just to wait until tomorrow, right ? Right.

Ta taa. :mad:

[ September 09, 2003, 04:11 PM: Message edited by: Prinz Eugen ]

Originally posted by Snarker:

Ah, marriage. Not to worry, Axe. Just think of all the history behind the marriage ceremony. In the good ole days, sometimes men grabbed their unwilling bride and took someone they could trust to cover their back. Yes, "The Best Man". You stand on the right to keep your sword arm free should the wife's family decide to get their daughter back. Carry her across the threshold? You had to, she's unwilling, remember? Oh, and the honeymoon. Well, honeymead was provided for a month (one moon) to assure fertility.

So think of how much fun a wedding used to be for men. :D

Hmmmm. My father's the best man. Maybe I should run this by him. And my soon-to-be father-in-law is a five foot six Italian. I'm sure I could take him.

Thanks to Snarker, weddings are fun again!

Originally posted by Axe2121:

Hmmmm. My father's the best man. Maybe I should run this by him. And my soon-to-be father-in-law is a five foot six Italian. I'm sure I could take him.

Thanks to Snarker, weddings are fun again!

Axe, I have one question for you? How many swordfights did you see in "The Godfather"? I realize your almost father-in-law is Italian, not Sicilian, but don't let that minor technicality fool you. Over the years an awful lot of Scot warriors lost their lives by taking swords to gunfights. Don't join them. :eek: :(tongue.gif

Originally posted by Prinz Eugen:

On your way to sodding off,...

Prinz, please don't use that term in here. It gives me the creeps, which I don't need with the flu. It's been overused to the point of becoming inane. Besides, I think using it may be a copyright violation or something. Don't get the Peng lawyers after us again. Let this expression stay where it belongs, which is far outside the Cheery Waffle/Goodale/Maggot threads. Thank you. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by Dave H:

I realize your almost father-in-law is Italian, not Sicilian, but don't let that minor technicality fool you. Over the years an awful lot of Scot warriors lost their lives by taking swords to gunfights. Don't join them. :eek: :(tongue.gif

Hee hee. You should have seen his face when I called Bonnie Prince Charlie, that "foppish Italian Scots-wannabe." He didn't know the Pretender spent most of his life in exile in Italy and is buried there.

The only thing more hazardous than the Hanoverians to a Scot's health in the 18th century was fealty to the House of Stewart.

:mad: :mad:

Everyone see YK2's rules for the latest version of the Peng thread? Now they are sending all the "unwelcome" visitors to what is referred to as the "Other Thread", where YK2 says we will welcome them with TNT.

I think that's a wonderful idea. Nothing like free advertising courtesy of the "competition". Thank you, YK2. :D:D:D

Originally posted by Robohn:

Axe I've been married for seven years now. To much longer and one of my kids might be your bride (ack!).

Ready for me to splatter some more of your troops across the landscape? Set-up on they way regardless... :mad:

This guy is getting married in FOUR DAYS and you want to start a new game? I'm sure his wedding guests and family and bride won't mind if he ducks out periodically to check his e-mail. Wait until Sunday, after all the excitement. Then he can spend hours and hours on the computer without all of the interruptions. Besides, he and I have a game to finish! tongue.gif:D:D

Jason, everything Saturday will be great. You and Paula know that you love each other by now. That's really the only thing that matters. All the rest is a show for your family and friends to enjoy. I wish Becky and I could make it. Congratulations again to both of you. :D :cool: :D

You're on Robohn. What's a little more pain at this point, eh?

As for my schedule: starting Thursday morning I will be in posting range but not playing range until about Sept. 20. I'll be busy with my CMAK stuff, the wedding and the honeymoon in Quebec City. (The sharp ones among you will notice the order in which I listed those. tongue.gif )

After Sept. 20 Paula and I will still be on vacation until Sept. 29 and staying close to home so lots of time for turns.

Thems the breaks ladies. :mad: :mad: :mad:

And thanks for all the kind words and encouragement everyone. smile.gif

Originally posted by Dave H:

Nothing like free advertising courtesy of the "competition". Thank you, YK2.

Competition? Are you smoking Geratol again? The only lackey worth kicking was lenakonrad and I bested that lad 84-16...sober.

PAH!!!

How many characters do you get in a sig line? I know one of you number-crunching nonces has that number tattoed on the back of you hand. If it hasn't been rubbed off by the dragging of your hands on the asphalt, post it here. Much revelry will had shortly, trust me. :D

[ September 09, 2003, 11:00 PM: Message edited by: mike_the_wino ]

Originally posted by mike_the_wino:

Yea, yea you prevert(no typo). But how many chars to a line?

the sigs aren't using a fixed width font, so num chars / line cannot be told, just estimated.

Another snag, the width of a "line" is not fixed, as extra wide posts can extend the width of the line.

go up to my sig, count number of chars per line.

that's yer estimate.

[ September 10, 2003, 02:57 AM: Message edited by: 86smopuim ]

Welcome Cpt Kernow. Would you mind holding this for a minute? Don't mind the lit fuse. Where am I running to? Oh, don't worry about that. All will become clear in 10 seconds or so.

GARG GARG ARG GARGARGGRAGAR!!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by Cpt Kernow:

Something happened and I felt a slight twinge.

Sounds suspiciously like a hamstring...

Growl louder at 86smopuim. Hey, Smokin' Opium it's been proven over and over again that playing a PBEM game requires - and this might come as a shock... wait for it, maggots... an email address! Unless of course it's a game played between two psychics; in which case the outcome is already known so why bother? :mad: :mad: :mad:

Edited for just the right amount of anger

[ September 10, 2003, 09:30 AM: Message edited by: Snarker ]