Of mice, men, mold and maggots -- it's the MasterGoodale thread

One would think that Snarker would be in a better mood as he just demolished a double digit figure of my Soviet tanks. :mad: :mad: :mad: So much for playing with standard Soviet tactics....err, wait a minute, I think this is the same thing that happened to the Soviets at Prokhorovka. tongue.gif

Let's ruminate on "Snarker" for a moment. A "runner" runs. A "thrower" throws. A "pitcher" pitches. A "linebacker" backs a line. A "receiver" receives. As you see, the suffix "-er" indicates a person who performs the action in the body of the word. Thus, we assume that Snarker snarks. I hesitate to inquire further.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Axe2121:

Hey Mike. Well put in the GF on Hitler's film-making beeatch.

If you haven't seen "Triumph of Will" (or sumfink like dat), you should. I saw in college in a History of European Intellectuals, 1920-70. I was shocked that anyone would say "it is just a documentary" and not immediately bust out into laughter. It was definitely propoganda of the worst kind. Michael Moore's "Bowling for Columbine" is a documentary, didn't agree with all of it but I thought it did a good job presenting facts and opinions on gun control. Personally, I didn't see it as strong anti-gun piece but more of an exploration of the subject.

Originally posted by mike_the_wino:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Axe2121:

Hey Mike. Well put in the GF on Hitler's film-making beeatch.

If you haven't seen "Triumph of Will" (or sumfink like dat), you should. I saw in college in a History of European Intellectuals, 1920-70. I was shocked that anyone would say "it is just a documentary" and not immediately bust out into laughter. It was definitely propoganda of the worst kind. Michael Moore's "Bowling for Columbine" is a documentary, didn't agree with all of it but I thought it did a good job presenting facts and opinions on gun control. Personally, I didn't see it as strong anti-gun piece but more of an exploration of the subject. </font>

Originally posted by Snarker:

a PBEM game requires - and this might come as a shock... wait for it, maggots... an email address! Unless of course it's a game played between two psychics; in which case the outcome is already known so why bother? :mad: :mad: :mad:

GRGRGGGRRRRRRAAARRR

:mad: :mad: :mad:

This is the last time Maggots!

smope _at_ ponyshow.com

And u bizwiches have to get atleast a major, since I am so :cool:

Originally posted by Becket:

One would think that Snarker would be in a better mood as he just demolished a double digit figure of my Soviet tanks. :mad: :mad: :mad: So much for playing with standard Soviet tactics....err, wait a minute, I think this is the same thing that happened to the Soviets at Prokhorovka. tongue.gif

Let's ruminate on "Snarker" for a moment. A "runner" runs. A "thrower" throws. A "pitcher" pitches. A "linebacker" backs a line. A "receiver" receives. As you see, the suffix "-er" indicates a person who performs the action in the body of the word. Thus, we assume that Snarker snarks. I hesitate to inquire further.

It's not related to the 'official' definition at all. It's what my friends called me for my favorite tactic in "Half-Life". I'd find a weapon called a "Snark", and drop it from high points.

Oddly enough, a Snark fits well in this lunatic asylum we called the Waffle. It's basically a large maggot filled with TNT that attacks mercilessly and then explodes.

What's a Becket? :D

Originally posted by 86smopuim:

And u bizwiches have to get atleast a major, since I am so :cool:

What? :cool: ? What is that? A blind, grinning, annetto food colored cheese-eating surrender monkey? :D

Silly Smope-on-a-Rope(or SOAR for short), why don't you type 'smope _at_ ponyshow.com' or 'smope@REMOVEponyshowME.com' or something similar in your profile since that's persistent? No self-loathing maggot would take the time to search through all this 'splodie anger hoping to find your addy. Let alone know how to search for it... :D

Now, what was I on about again? Oh, yeah. I forget. :mad: :mad:

[ September 10, 2003, 03:39 PM: Message edited by: Snarker ]

Originally posted by Axe2121:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Snarker:

It's what my friends called me for my favorite tactic in "Half-Life". I'd find a weapon called a "Snark", and drop it from high points.

Your gameyness knows no bounds, does it? </font>

Originally posted by Snarker:

why don't you type 'smope _at_ ponyshow.com' or 'smope@REMOVEponyshowME.com' or something similar in your profile since that's persistent?

Cuz I can't edit my profile unless I bump my sig down to 250 Chars or less, which would put me in the same 3rd class boat with the rest of you, hole in the bottom and all. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Edited becuase I felt like it

[ September 10, 2003, 03:57 PM: Message edited by: 86smopuim ]

Ok, lads I am up against it on this sig thing. I need some input. Choose from the 2 below:

1) "I am mike_the_wino's love monkey"

or

2) "My loss to mtw was more satisfying than fellating a goat. That reminds me, I need to brush my teeth for dinner."

#2 is more humilating, therefore much better but may be too long. It could be shorten to just one sentence but then it loses something. Axe break out the editorial hat and give me some help here.

Originally posted by mike_the_wino:

Ok, lads I am up against it on this sig thing. I need some input.

Wino, or Nugget, or Nug, or is it Keanu, which unfortunate gets to display this sig line? Or is it a sig line you plan to lock away and save to pull out in the unlikely event you win a game sometime? :Dtongue.gif:D

Did anybody else think the title of the new Peng thread was about the light inside a refrigerator? :confused: :confused: :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Dave H:

Did anybody else think the title of the new Peng thread was about the light inside a refrigerator? :confused: :confused: :rolleyes:

Grrrr!! As a Smiths fan, I'll pretend I didn't hear that.

And Mike — #2 leaves nothing to the imagination. *shudder* :mad: :mad: :mad:

Subtle humor is always my first choice.

Originally posted by Dave H:

Everyone see YK2's rules for the latest version of the Peng thread? Now they are sending all the "unwelcome" visitors to what is referred to as the "Other Thread", where YK2 says we will welcome them with TNT.

I think that's a wonderful idea. Nothing like free advertising courtesy of the "competition". Thank you, YK2. :D:D:D

Competition? You handle our run off. Rather like a drainage ditch.

Careful or we'll send over the Commissioner of drains. Do you really want 50 odd posts by the Justicar?