New Guy Ask's-PBEM? Other ways to connect?

Never having done "Play by E-MAil", I'm wondering if someone will be willing to take the time to explain to me how that works? Fun? Satisfiying? Is there Another way to play CMBB/Can one Play "Online"?

And yes, I'm obviously a firm believer in the: "There's no such thing as a stupid question".....

I'd appreciate any feedback, thanks muchly-JHW (BCGOVT)

Never having done "Play by E-MAil", I'm wondering if someone will be willing to take the time to explain to me how that works? Fun? Satisfiying? Is there Another way to play CMBB/Can one Play "Online"?

And yes, I'm obviously a firm believer in the: "There's no such thing as a stupid question".....

I'd appreciate any feedback, thanks muchly-JHW (BCGOVT)

It's really easy,actually.You can play three forms of multiplayer CM:

1)Is hotseat,but you have to be essentially playing someone in person as you play it on the same computer(I think I have never done it before)

2)Is PBEM.Essentially,all you do is setup a quick battle,scenario,or operation like you normally would.However,instead of selecting single player,you select the play by email.Then you simply do the setup for the side that you picked and hit GO.The game will return to the opening menu screen where it will prompt you to name the PBEM file that you are about to create.The best thing to do is something like; "PBEM_001".Then you upload that PBEM file as an attachment into however/whatever you use to send emails,then send it to your opponent.They do their setup and everything just like you did and they change the files name to; "PBEM_002"...so on and so forth.

3)TCP/IP.For this it is pretty much like the other except that instead of 'hotseat','PBEM','single player',you select TCP/IP.You will need to know what your computers IP address is and you can find that here: What is my IP address? There will be a screen that will say "Waiting for opponent to connect" and it may or may not show your IP address there ,too.You then send your IP address to your opponent and when he connects you both will enter the game and play normally.

I really like multiplayer CM.To me,playing against a compotent opponent is way,way better than playing against the AI.I prefer PBEM as it gives you more time to plot orders and all that.

Good luck!Have fun!

It's really easy,actually.You can play three forms of multiplayer CM:

1)Is hotseat,but you have to be essentially playing someone in person as you play it on the same computer(I think I have never done it before)

2)Is PBEM.Essentially,all you do is setup a quick battle,scenario,or operation like you normally would.However,instead of selecting single player,you select the play by email.Then you simply do the setup for the side that you picked and hit GO.The game will return to the opening menu screen where it will prompt you to name the PBEM file that you are about to create.The best thing to do is something like; "PBEM_001".Then you upload that PBEM file as an attachment into however/whatever you use to send emails,then send it to your opponent.They do their setup and everything just like you did and they change the files name to; "PBEM_002"...so on and so forth.

3)TCP/IP.For this it is pretty much like the other except that instead of 'hotseat','PBEM','single player',you select TCP/IP.You will need to know what your computers IP address is and you can find that here: What is my IP address? There will be a screen that will say "Waiting for opponent to connect" and it may or may not show your IP address there ,too.You then send your IP address to your opponent and when he connects you both will enter the game and play normally.

I really like multiplayer CM.To me,playing against a compotent opponent is way,way better than playing against the AI.I prefer PBEM as it gives you more time to plot orders and all that.

Good luck!Have fun!

I can recommend PBEM against a school teacher (as me). There is just time enough between the lessons to complete a turn. :D

Don't do PBEM if you have a weak heart though, - my last turn stopped with this situation!

tension0vb.th.jpg tension21qv.th.jpg

That was a very long wait for the reply! (1 KO'ed Panther, the other reversed out of sight)

I can recommend PBEM against a school teacher (as me). There is just time enough between the lessons to complete a turn. :D

Don't do PBEM if you have a weak heart though, - my last turn stopped with this situation!

tension0vb.th.jpg tension21qv.th.jpg

That was a very long wait for the reply! (1 KO'ed Panther, the other reversed out of sight)

BCGovt,

Practice against the AI. Play against a human.

Even against the most green human you will get a better fight (although there are some scenarios that are specifically set up for AI only battles that are very challenging). The computer never writes back and says, "Did you see that building blow up!". IP play is bitchin too, mainly for small to medium scenarios.

DavidI

BCGovt,

Practice against the AI. Play against a human.

Even against the most green human you will get a better fight (although there are some scenarios that are specifically set up for AI only battles that are very challenging). The computer never writes back and says, "Did you see that building blow up!". IP play is bitchin too, mainly for small to medium scenarios.

DavidI

• 3 weeks later...

Askovdk,

While the pucker factor may've been high, it looks as though your ATG was the far from ignorable 3" model. That said, consider two real life examples.

Battle of the Bulge

57mm ATG vs King Tigers! Place: Trois Ponts, Belgium. Outcome? Detracked lead KT, completely bottling up the rest of the German column.

Somewhere in Germany, late in the War

Shermans round the corner, encountering...Jagdtiger in front! Radio traffic (repeated with escalating franticness and octave rises).

"Shoot 'im in the tracks! Shoot 'im in the tracks!

Regards,

John Kettler

Askovdk,

While the pucker factor may've been high, it looks as though your ATG was the far from ignorable 3" model. That said, consider two real life examples.

Battle of the Bulge

57mm ATG vs King Tigers! Place: Trois Ponts, Belgium. Outcome? Detracked lead KT, completely bottling up the rest of the German column.

Somewhere in Germany, late in the War

Shermans round the corner, encountering...Jagdtiger in front! Radio traffic (repeated with escalating franticness and octave rises).

"Shoot 'im in the tracks! Shoot 'im in the tracks!

Regards,

John Kettler