I cant believe someone else did this..

Looks like they ( the designers of this one ) are treading on thin ice. Doesn't BFC have a copyright on the name " Barbarossa to Berlin "? Don't know - just wondering.

Didn't know it was a board game ( just glanced at the title ).

[ May 08, 2003, 11:20 PM: Message edited by: Rob Murray ]

Yes we have, but you can have the same name for different types of products. Since this is a boardgame it's not directly an infringement. It's close, and I'm sure if we wanted to go after this we could - but we don't smile.gif

Martin

Guest Sgt. Emren

I think Ted (the board game designer) has been designing his game since before the CMBB title was made public. Either way, it doens't matter who published first if copyright laws don't prohibit either one...

Actually, although not a copyright lawyer (mostly a corporate lawyer), I think Moon is right. But who the hell wants to really sue a fellow wargamer?

I thought it was amusing because someone else thought of a name that has been,errr, "questioned" due to its baffling Syntax, e.g., Barbarosa is a code name for an operation, whereas Berlin is a city. Hell, I think they should have called it Combat Mission: East ern Front, but what the hell do I know?

Anyway, the posts are hilarious: I mean, CM: Terrible Swift Sword? I had a terrible flashback to being in my late teens, being up all night, and arguing over the rules of that monster with a couple of other Civil War geeks. Excellent.

F

--TIME SCALE: 3 months (seasonal) per turn

MAP SCALE: Point-to-point system --

when i saw this in 'wizards of the coast' it reminded me of one i'd been developing with a friend... point-to-point... 3 months... well the 3 months is nothing unusual and 'point to point' is another way of describing 'zones instead of hexes'... still i thought it interesting the first time i saw it...

mine was called 'second world war' and covered not only eto but pto as well... my buddy kept saying 'we need to test the theatres separately' and i was always... 'nah'

interestingly this 'b to b' and 'second world war' both start with 'june 1941'... i put in some optional rules for starting back before the british raids on taranto and the sinking of the bismark, to give the axis more navies...

Originally posted by Franko:

I thought it was amusing because someone else thought of a name that has been,errr, "questioned" due to its baffling Syntax, e.g., Barbarosa is a code name for an operation, whereas Berlin is a city.

I can see how two similar, yet seperate, paths would arrive at that name. The marketing power of alliteration can't be understimated. I guess.