Moving in snow with Goodale -- ridiculously Cheery Threats and Waffles

It pains me that other threads are displaying more :mad: , :rolleyes: , :confused: and :( than ours.

So, let me just say that not only are the Canadians citizens of a wanna be US state, so are the Finns.

:D

EDIT: I hate the word ridiculous. The proper spelling just looks so....ridiculous.

[ September 19, 2003, 01:31 PM: Message edited by: Becket ]

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Long Trousered Silver:

ARrrhh!!

There be a spelling mistake in ye title, Becket! Onto the plank for ye, and dunk yer head in a cask 'o rum!

There be a spellin' mistake in ye olde post too, Mr. Soddball Silver. ARrrhh!! is spelled GRARGHGRRAGGRAHGRARGGRAHRGAR!!!. Twenty lashes with the cat, ye lubber!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

That would be cool, and by cool I mean totally sweet! :D

Paula Ballantyne is my wife now.

Hmmm, doesn't quite have the insult factor that Soddball's sigs have. Although I'm sure she would beg to differ. :mad:

Back to editing CMAK on Paula's sister's computer but GAGAGRG GAR G RAG GARGG G RAG AR GRAGGAR!!!!! I have no access to CMBB. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: Very, very bad thing. No TNT and CMBB make Jason go something something.

Ye scurvy whelps should all be keelhauled before being sent to Davey Jones' locker.

Except for my PBEM opponents. I'm having too much fun beating you like, well, like rented MasterGoodales.

Jas :mad: n

Originally posted by Cabron66:

I just want to be clear on one thing. Since three threads have now been closed I see no reason to continue this discussion. Might I respectfully suggest we leave this here and put a shot into it to make sure it's dead.

Just to be clear, this thread isn't about you. :D

The new Cheery Waffle thread needed a name. Recent events provided that name, and a lot of good humor to boot.

You're welcome to post, but only if you can accept being called a maggot or worse (like the rest of us). You also may have to play PBEMs. And have a Finn defile your sig with anti-Canadian messages.

Axe, do you have the Goodale FAQ handy?

Originally posted by Cabron66:

I just want to be clear on one thing. Since three threads have now been closed I see no reason to continue this discussion. Might I respectfully suggest we leave this here and put a shot into it to make sure it's dead.

Carbone

You have found a home here in the Cheery Waffle Thread. We are the rejects, the dregs, the lowlifes. Yes, you are correct, we are a proud bunch. Our Thread always gets locked down quickly. A vital public service provided free of charge by the good folks at BFC.

So pull up a chair, expound upon the virtues of CAS. We eagerly await. I know Soddball/Half-Cock Silver has had problems with CAS all his life. Any advice, short of an enema,....well okay, including an enema, would I am sure be recieved with gratitude and good will.

Are you feeling at home yet?

Originally posted by CabronSS:

I just want to be clear on one thing...yada, yada, yada

CabronSS, before you come in to this, the thread of scholars, be forewarned you are treading on sacred ground. I say unto "you" DO NOT EVOKE THE WRATH OF GOODALE" He hates all CANADIANS and will not be nice to you. You have been warned!

Originally posted by Abbott:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by CabronSS:

I just want to be clear on one thing...yada, yada, yada

CabronSS, before you come in to this, the thread of scholars, be forewarned you are treading on sacred ground. I say unto "you" DO NOT EVOKE THE WRATH OF GOODALE" </font>

Originally posted by Becket:

So, let me just say that not only are the Canadians citizens of a wanna be US state, so are the Finns.

Eh? Wannabe?

You mean we aren't already?

{sigh}

Time to get the "Please Invade Us" signs back up on the border I guess.

Sorry to interrupt. Please continue waffling in threats. Or sumfink.

Harv

Axe, it's great to see you back. I trust you and the wonderful Mrs. Axe have had a lovely interlude. Did she catch you staring off into space, planning your next PBEM move? I'm sure she will eventually adjust to this particular condition of yours. :D

Okay, a quick summary of the mighty Beat Dave Like a Rented Mule, or BDLRM tourney, which unfortunately contains no snow. :(

MasterGoodale's Soviets are in excellent shape, but he's stopped sending turns. He has infantry inside the central factory, and more infantry advancing on my right. We've finished 15 turns. Did I mention the maggot has stopped sending turns? GRARGHRAHGRRAHGRHHARGH! :mad:

Teddy Windsor has completed 14 turns. He has assault guns, tanks, artillery, infantry, and probably some air strikes all falling on my Germans at once. I'm hoping to salvage something from this, but he's rolling over my poor troops with a vengeance. redface.gif

Mike has some armor on the road northeast of the factory. Right now it is shelling the factory. He also has some infantry making an attack on my far right, but it has been stopped by HMG fire. We've played 9 turns.

GrumpyBear has finished 4 turns. So far one of my AT guns took a potshot at a Soviet armored car on the road through the woods northeast of the factory. That's the only Soviet I've seen. He keeps talking about doing a human wave attack, so I suspect he may have lots of infantry.

Mike_the_wino has completed 5 turns. He's got a KV and some T-34s shooting up the factory. I actually KO'd a T-34 on the hill with the easternmost VL! He has a couple of infantry squads there, too. tongue.gif

THumpre has only finished 2 turns. I have spotted "light armor" northeast of the factory so far.

86smopuim has finished 4 turns. He has some infantry near the eastern VL, but that's it. He's told me that he has more bodies than I have bullets, so he may be very infantry-intensive, too.

With CMAK coming out soon, I don't know if I'd want to start any more PBEMs of CMBB for a while. However, if someone really wanted to play, I could probably do one or two more BDLRM games. My turns are very easy, and get much easier as the game progresses. :rolleyes:

[ September 19, 2003, 06:03 PM: Message edited by: Dave H ]

Axe, Linguine Carbonara and now Wall Banger. The Waffle obviously found the only three war-like Canadians in existence. Oh, I hear you saying, "What about Grog Dorosh? He's in the Canadian Army." True enough, but he plays with mannequins, which sends some seriously mixed messages about the Canadian army. :mad:

Sodden Trousers, I've yet to look at your turn mostly because I'm afraid of finding Russian pirates.

Patch-eyed, parrot-wearing salted maggot. :mad: :mad:

[ September 19, 2003, 05:59 PM: Message edited by: Snarker ]