Before Goodale, we never had a Cheery Threat; after Goodale, we never had a Waffle

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Axe2121:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Snarker:

Grrrrr...

Flattery will get you nowhere. And Axe obviously isn't talking about the Oxford English Dictionary.

He's referring to the Official Etymology of the Disturbed. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Well duh. I thought everyone knew that. :mad: </font>

Originally posted by Dave H:

Dave as you well know the tellig of the tale gets more convulated the farther from the original source. You may go back and read fer yersef. Only Becket was put forth as a sacrifice. They all ready have lawyers so I figured it would be nice to them all in one spot to keep an eye on them. And Boo seems to be warming up to the lad so it seemed like a nice fix all round. On the other hand, I haven't had this much fun since I rolled my car in a spectacular fashion Q1 of '02. :eek:

Originally posted by mike_the_wino:

Dave as you well know the tellig of the tale gets more convulated the farther from the original source. You may go back and read fer yersef. Only Becket was put forth as a sacrifice. They all ready have lawyers so I figured it would be nice to them all in one spot to keep an eye on them. And Boo seems to be warming up to the lad so it seemed like a nice fix all round. On the other hand, I haven't had this much fun since I rolled my car in a spectacular fashion Q1 of '02. :eek:

Allow me to refresh what few cells remain of your memory. In the middle of some rambling post, you said something about "they have rules; we have Dave H". That was followed by this post:

Originally posted by seanachai:

Dave H. Alright, that one's certainly difficult. Hmm...okay, we'll take Dave H if we can all pelt Soddball with garbage and filth while he sings an ABBA medley. Arrange it, and Dave H is off your hands.

While I'm certainly as game as the next guy for pelting Soddball with garbage and filth, the thought of listening to anything by ABBA fills me with dread. Unfortunately, my dear wife has a CD of their "greatest hits", which she plays all too often. :eek: :mad: :(

[ September 04, 2003, 12:26 PM: Message edited by: Dave H ]

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MasterGoodale:

AXE how much TNT are you furiously chucking in "Blood and Scones"?? :mad:

Oodles.

Smope is getting 150mm shells, fire and hot lead in copious amounts. His men are feeling tired, many of them having tucked in for dirt naps.

I had to watch the last turn about five times to catch all the TNT. Well done.

:mad: :mad: :mad: </font>

Smilies in the Peng Thread? What's next versification in the Cheery Waffle Thread?

Okay!

My Old Friend

Sittin at home one night

watchin a little TV

when there came a ring from the door

I wonder who it could be

It's a little late for company

tonight

As I went to the door

I heard a laugh from the past

There at the door stood my old friend

Ten years I'd seen him last

And the memories came flooding back

to me

And we sat and talked into the night

Remembering times when we were young

The crazy days when life was fresh

No responsibilities

Together we had tamed the world

He was only passing through

and now he had to go

I told him to come again

But like a river he must flow

so once again we go our own ways

to live

Okay, it doesn't all rhyme, but damnit, that's the feeling this thread and you guys give.

PS-I'm sure that it is unintentional :D

Keke — thanks — I almost bit off my tongue during my seizure.

Jim — always good to see you sir.

86smopuim — :mad: :mad: :mad: Mess with the bull and get mad cow disease.

Becitt — that post in the teecher/editer thred was the funeeist gawdam thyng i hev red in a long, long tyme.

Becitt — that post in the teecher/editer thred was the funeeist gawdam thyng i hev red in a long, long tyme.

I should've left it at the one line. But the lure of insulting MrSqkr and trying for a mention in the CMAK manual was just...too...tempting.

(See, Boo? Consonant replacement humor is much funnier.)

I may be way left liberal but I ain't stoopid.

HUH!! :mad: ......okay, I thought Croda came back there for a second. :D

Carry on.

Hey Beckett, I don't think Spkr realised you were kidding with your first post. For gawds sake he highlighted your mistakes in his reply.

Too Funny!!

Originally posted by Snarker:

MGA escapes into the MBT, forever leaving his mark in the oddest titled incarnation of that thread.

Ahem.

I would like to bring forth this and submit that while it does lack a semi colon it reached far weirder grounds than this piffle the newbies have running now.

At least if you're not a Neil Young fan. I'm off to be weird over there now. See ya.

Originally posted by Geier:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Snarker:

MGA escapes into the MBT, forever leaving his mark in the oddest titled incarnation of that thread.

Ahem.

I would like to bring forth this and submit that while it does lack a semi colon it reached far weirder grounds than this piffle the newbies have running now.

At least if you're not a Neil Young fan. I'm off to be weird over there now. See ya. </font>

Originally posted by Becket:

(See, Boo? Consonant replacement humor is much funnier.)

Inasmuch as your posts look surprisingly like one long vowel movement, I'm forced to agree with you.

And whomever said I was warming up to Spigot here, take it back now, laddie.

(Edited to add, AAARRRGGGHHARARRAAGGGHH...etc, etc, whatever.)

[ September 04, 2003, 04:20 PM: Message edited by: Boo Radley ]