Soviet Women Soldiers?

unfortunately not ,,, , they had some babes ,,

Many all female combat units in soviet military ,

but no decent soviet movie industry to glorify them ,

If the peoples government had made a few hollywood type movies about some crack soviet female fighter squadrons or tank battalions ,,

the whole world would have voted communist

No. I think this topic has been covered in the past. It usually gets into a messy 'what if' discussion about how women soldiers in CM would be modelled vs. male soldiers. Very un-PC. Besides, from what I gather, women didn't actually do that much front line fighting. I've heard stories of armed women during the early days of Barbarossa and Stalingrad, but nothing more.

Originally posted by Santosdiablo:

Can you select Soviet women soldiers in cmbb?

Absolutely yes, you can get women soldiers selection, but only a random selection! Units are mixte, the only thing you can do, is to replace all russian faces by women faces like I done below!

51142qr.png

just register this pic by right clic, open with "picture it" for sample and save as BMP file.

Renumber as 5114, be sure to backup your original before to use it.... and you'll get this Russian female sniper :

<a href="http://img342.imageshack.us/my.php?image=femalepartisansniper5en.jpg" target="_blank">femalepartisansniper5en.th.jpg />

Cheers

Pat

[ March 31, 2006, 11:01 AM: Message edited by: patboy ]

Soviet women served in combat in these roles, in limited numbers, among others these were the most publicized:

Nurse/corpsman

Night fighter/bomber pilot

Sniper

Partisan recon

There was a famous (well-propagandized) squadron of night pilots, and from time to time you can read reports of a woman attached to roughly a division-level medical section recovering wounded under fire. Snipers seem to be limited to static warfare with fairly unique circumstances, the urban battles in Stalingrad, for instance.

One should remember that although there is plenty of historical evidence women served in these roles, they were a tiny exception in a massive male-dominated military organization.

Here are some other typical roles one might expect to find women in the Red Army, that might from time to time wind up in combat:

Ferry pilot

MilitaryPoliceman

Interpeter/NKVD officer

Hq clerk

For the Red Army the rule seems to have been "keep them out of combat if at all possible, and otherwise use them in jobs not requiring physical strength and endurance, so as to free up males for jobs like that."

It's pretty clear the Red Army had more women in uniform percentage-wise than any other WW2 combatant, but even given that one really shouldn't expect to see women in a CM battle.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/war/wwtwo/soviet_german_war_01.shtml

Click next a few times

An exceptional burden was borne by Soviet women. By 1945 over half the workforce was female, and on the land, more than four-fifths. Women fought in their thousands in the Soviet armed forces as pilots, sharpshooters, even tank commanders. Many women joined the partisan movement operating behind the German lines - and by 1943 there were an estimated 300,000 of them. They constantly harried German troops, and were themselves the victim of harsh punitive expeditions, which led to the death of hundreds of thousands of innocent villagers along with the partisan bands.

Thousands, out of millions. Stephan is right that it would be quite unlikely to see them in a CM battle. Especially since medics are not modelled.

The 300,000 in the BBC article refers to the estimated number of partisans, not of women partisans.

All the best

Andreas

Originally posted by Santosdiablo:

An exceptional burden was borne by Soviet women. By 1945 over half the workforce was female, and on the land, more than four-fifths.

Women in the US made up a great deal of the work force during ww2 as well. In fact most of your quoted paragraph could have applied to the US as well. The US had women test piolets and other various duties. I think the big deference was, that the war was being fought on Russian soil. If the war had been fought in the US you would have seen simular things. Plus I believe German gals were put into military service towards the end when the fighting was going on on german soil.

The whole point is, that this is not very unique plus it wasn't like the amazon hordes pushed the evil german invader out while the men tended to the children. ;)

Originally posted by painfbat:

Patboy forgot the moustache smile.gif

.... and the headscarf and gumboots.

I didn't want to be the first one into the cesspool, but this is just too good to resist.

I believe the platinum dyejob and collagen implants depicted in the bmp are more typical of a SU-92 Mafiya Floozy. This model, affectionately dubbed "Suka" by the troops, was the mainstay of the Guards Clubland Divisions throughout the Yeltsin era, seeing a great deal of action on all fronts (nudge nudge ;);) saynomore).

A few models were subsequently exported to London, Brooklyn, Toronto and Miami Beach, where following extensive refitting and upgunning, they remain in widespread service today in the... (OK, I'm going to stop this now before I get a visit from a big ugly man in a tracksuit named Evgeni).

The commander called: "Tell Lyuda to come!"

Soon there came a blond with a child's face and full lips. She had a first-aid kit in her hands. She had cocked her field-cap at a jaunty angle, her boots sat well on her slender legs, and her wasp waist was laced with a wide belt. A medal "For courage" did not hang, but rather lay flat above her left blouse pocket. Casting her blue eyes over the place she saluted awkwardly with her palm up and reported on her arrival. "So one can meet real beauties even on the front line!", -I thought.

- Now, deal with the pilot, quickly, - Misarov told her with a smile.

The nurse coped with my knees and elbows, and was gone. Murakhovsky took out a flask covered up in greatcoat cloth, and opened a tin of canned meat with a Finnish knife. Everybody called such canned meat "the second front", though there was not any yet. He also put a mug and a pot of water on the table.

- Come on, pilot, get yourself revived after the long journey. Dilute to your taste. It is pure alcohol, we keep it for the guests, - he told me proudly.

- I will have it pure, and then wash it down, - I said, trying to look brave.

I drank up the fiery liquid, and before passing on to water exhaled my rank and name. This "show" had its effect.

- Pilots can do that! - Murakhovsky gave a wink to the battalion commander, who remained calm. The commander nodded assent:

- They can...

I remember.ru

All the best

Andreas

Originally posted by Andreas:

The commander called: "Tell Lyuda to come!"

Soon there came a blond with a child's face and full lips. She had a first-aid kit in her hands. She had cocked her field-cap at a jaunty angle, her boots sat well on her slender legs, and her wasp waist was laced with a wide belt. A medal "For courage" did not hang, but rather lay flat above her left blouse pocket. Casting her blue eyes over the place she saluted awkwardly with her palm up and reported on her arrival. "So one can meet real beauties even on the front line!", -I thought.

- Now, deal with the pilot, quickly, - Misarov told her with a smile.

Hey, I've seen this movie! It's the one with Ron Jeremy as the pilot, right?

Originally posted by Andreas:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />The commander called: "Tell Lyuda to come!"

Soon there came a blond with a child's face and full lips. She had a first-aid kit in her hands. .... "So one can meet real beauties even on the front line!", -I thought.

</font>