Mod requests: what mods are needed now?

First off, thanks to the hard work of all of the modders out there with their great, great work. Sometimes I find modding a new tank--then using it,is more fun than the actual scenario smile.gif . Then again, maybe if I didn't SUCK at playing this game... :rolleyes:

I wanted to get a thread going where all of us modsluts/maniacs can bat around ideas for future mods. What mods are NOT available, and what new mods do you want? I'm sure the many modders out there surf this forum often.

My wish list is growing, but let's start with with some that SHOULD be in the game, but oddly, aren't. What I need most is one for my SPW 251/2. Next comes a whitewashed Russian truck and SU85 assault guns. The latter can be used immediately in ASLvet's great new scenario--"Valhalla Bound". Those other ASL vets should remember this one from their cardboard pushing days (that's SO 20th century). :D

Now that I have ten variants of King Tigers, Panthers, and T-34's, can we have some other vehicles please?

Where's the STUG E? :confused:

I can't find (on Combat Mission Mod Database) any non-winter T-34/76 '43 and that bugs me as it's maybe the most common tank in the games I play.

If there already is a good mod on this one I'd apprecoate if someone pointed me in the right direction.

As a sidenote, a mod on the Finnish StuG would be nice too.

Tom's CMHQ has a very good mod of the T-34 76/43 (late) by Mr. Noobie. It also includes a few options. If you use the slogan option, be advised of the "mirrored effect"--the left side turret will have the same slogan written backwards! But, what the hell, it still looks cool. I love the green and yellow camo scheme.

Maybe this is a BTS thing, but a decent Soviet truck is desperately needed. Infact, some trucks for the Axis 3rd parties would be nice. That cotton picken dodge from CMBO spoils the whole atmosphere for the Ruskies. While there are a couple of good mods out there to make it look better, it remains the most ugly lil beast in the line up.

I've got to admit, we are starting to run out of vehicle that cry out "Do something about this!!!"

Maybe someone could tackle believable looking light buildings (peasant shacks).

If you want to go really obscure, I suppose the 105mm recoiless rifle is currently the more obscure of two types that were produced. I always could mod the more common version... for that one guy that may get around to buying it in a QB this year! :D;)

Originally posted by tooz:

Tom's CMHQ has a very good mod of the T-34 76/43 (late) by Mr. Noobie.

Thanks tooz, for pointing this out. This is a much needed mod for my CMBB.(Edit: Actually its the early version im missing. Nonetheless i got Mr. Noobies early version mod that was right next to the late version.)

Originally posted by MikeyD:

Maybe someone could tackle believable looking light buildings (peasant shacks).

Ed "Tanks a lot" has posted a great looking shack mod over at CMMODS. Winter, summer, and damaged (all)versions of it.

[ June 11, 2003, 07:57 PM: Message edited by: MeatEtr ]

Originally posted by MikeyD:

If you want to go really obscure, I suppose the 105mm recoiless rifle is currently the more obscure of two types that were produced. I always could mod the more common version... for that one guy that may get around to buying it in a QB this year! :D;)

I use these quite often when I take fallschirmjaegers in QBs. I just don't feel right giving them the standard AT guns (or any vehicle support for that matter). So I limit myself to panzerschrecks, Pz B 41 (28mm heavy AT rifle in the game), and of course the recoilless guns.

So especially in a late war game, I need that 10.5cm LG 40 to take out any tanks. It's great against infantry too... Just wish it wasn't so easy to spot... Luckily I've had pretty good luck with first shot kills with it though. :cool: