Give us some ideas

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Steiner14:

You are claiming Skorzeny had stolen something.

Yep, the credit for the operation. But it isn't my claim alone, but also General Student's

Skorzeny had the command. So ofcourse, they were his men.
That would be Slorzeny's claim, backed by Goebbels. It does not match Student's claims.

Your argumentation is at least strange and seems to be full of hate to me.
I have no feelings toward you one way or the other.

Do you feel well, when telling such things about a honorable person who can't defend himself anymore?

Why do i have the impression, you wouldn't have had the courage, to say that into Skorzeny's face...

I do not see him as an honorable person, and anyone that has met me would believe I'd say it to his face. Obviously I cannot prove that to you, and to be honest, I really don't care what you believe about me.

Originally posted by wwb_99:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by atiff:

I'd like to see some scenarios featuring the not-so-common nationalities ...

I would love to do scenarios about uncommon forces. Unfortunately, resources are limited-thought alot less so than for CMBB. In any case, if you happen to have something handy, send it to a designer.</font>

Originally posted by The Green Rascal:

It's probably already in, but if not we definitely need a Snipe scenario. Part of the 2nd Alamein, it should consist of an isolated group of the British Rifle Brigade and AT guns conducting an all round defense against a sizeable Panzer force. The sting in the tail for the Panzers is that it is the first time that the 6pdr AT gun is deployed, and it made quite an impact historically.

Snipe would make a good scen, I think (and I have some pretty good relief maps of the area), but it wasn't the first time the 6-pr was in action. Snipe occurred in Oct or Nov, but there were 6-prs present at Gazala back in May (and in all the subsequent fighting).

[ October 01, 2003, 11:23 PM: Message edited by: JonS ]

Berli, check out Steiner14's track record on the forum; he has in interesting interpretation of history. Check out the debate on the naming of panzerabwehr and panzerjäger units in particular. You won't get anywhere with him, he is fairly closed minded.

I appreciate the info, and the update on the name of the unit.

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Berli, check out Steiner14's track record on the forum; he has in interesting interpretation of history. Check out the debate on the naming of panzerabwehr and panzerjäger units in particular. You won't get anywhere with him, he is fairly closed minded.

Link? Thanks for the heads up... I usually avoid you groggly types :D

Originally posted by CombinedArms:

A few ideas, some already mentioned:

5. Some kind of big battle featuring Grants--just to watch 'em do their stuff.

That could be either one of the Gazala battles or the Battle of Alam Halfa.

6. The Ranger actions early in the Sicily campaign.
Or better yet, the capture of the hill above Gumtree Road in Tunisia.

7. Kasserine Pass
Actually a whole series of battles. Probably could get two packs out of this.

9. The Guns of Navarone... :D
Nice try, but way out of CM's league.

Michael

Originally posted by JonS:

Woot! About time they republished this stuff somewhere. I have read most of the campaign books, and own "To Greece", but despaired at getting my hands on any more (cheaply, at least). Thank you Jon!

Originally posted by JonS:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by wwb_99:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by atiff:

I'd like to see some scenarios featuring the not-so-common nationalities ...

I would love to do scenarios about uncommon forces. Unfortunately, resources are limited-thought alot less so than for CMBB. In any case, if you happen to have something handy, send it to a designer.</font>

@Michael Dorosh:

Dorosh, your style of discussion with personal insulting, provoking, denouncing and even spreading lies about others if they share another opinion may show certain aspects of your character, but isn't really good for the climate in a forum.

I don't know, how many you've already expelled from this forum with your attitude, but i guess it must be enough.

It's possible that someone hasn't received a good education in his parental-home, but what i don't understand is, that the moderators in here allow such an uncivilized behaviour.

Here is a designers challenge - build a scenario based on this guys day of battle:

Congressional Medal of Honor

VAN T. BARFOOT

Rank and organization: Second Lieutenant, U.S. Army, 157th Infantry, 45th Infantry Division.

Place and date: Near Carano, Italy, 23 May 1944.

Entered service at: Carthage, Mississippi.

Born: Edinburg, Mississippi.

G.O. No.: 79, 4 October 1944.

With his platoon heavily engaged during an assault against forces well entrenched on commanding ground, 2d Lt. Barfoot (then Tech. Sgt.) moved off alone upon the enemy left flank. He crawled to the proximity of one machinegun nest and made a direct hit on it with a hand grenade, killing two and wounding three Germans. He continued along the German defense line to another machinegun emplacement, and with his tommygun killed two and captured three soldiers. Members of another enemy machinegun crew then abandoned their position and gave themselves up to Sgt. Barfoot. Leaving the prisoners for his support squad to pick up, he proceeded to mop up positions in the immediate area, capturing more prisoners and bringing his total count to 17.

Later that day, after he had reorganized his men and consolidated the newly captured ground, the enemy launched a fierce armored counterattack directly at his platoon positions. Securing a bazooka, Sgt. Barfoot took up an exposed position directly in front of three advancing Mark VI tanks. From a distance of 75 yards his first shot destroyed the track of the leading tank, effectively disabling it, while the other two changed direction toward the flank. As the crew of the disabled tank dismounted, Sgt. Barfoot killed three of them with his tommygun.

He continued onward into enemy terrain and destroyed a recently abandoned German fieldpiece with a demolition charge placed in the breech. While returning to his platoon position, Sgt. Barfoot, though greatly fatigued by his Herculean efforts, assisted two of his seriously wounded men 1,700 yards to a position of safety.

Sgt. Barfoot's extraordinary heroism, demonstration of magnificent valor, and aggressive determination in the face of pointblank fire are a perpetual inspiration to his fellow soldiers.

Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

I thought the Canadians were more inclined toward plastic companionship

Yeah, situated as I am near the border I am in an excellent position to observe the lively trade in smuggled synthetics. "Agreeable Alice" seems to be the favorite of the month with "Submissive Sal" running a close second.

Michael

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Schutzstaffel:

how about a What If scenario where the Afrika Korps links up with Army Group South in the middle east tongue.gif

Can you fit all of Army Group South on a 15 square kilometre map?

You'd probably need 40 turns for that one! </font>

Man, I go away for a week and you guys are pulling the same stunt with another "stalker". Look, the gang's all here. Dorosh , Berlichtingen ,etc. Who are you picking on this time and shall I hazard a guess at the tactics you've chosen to discredit him? What a coincidence! The same things you've said to me and to many others.

Do you guys travel in packs for protection or to for higher quality "praying on the weak." Disgusting behaviour.

Berlichtingen , I'm sending BFC a suggestion. I hope your little #40 is truly the shield you think it is. I might have overreacted a little with Andreas, but if filth like you is allowed to fire shots like your little "plastic companionship" comment at random I shudder to imagine what the forum will become. Is this the end product of a military education? Glad I missed that bus.

Micheal Emrys , I'm truly shocked! I thought you to be above this kind of behaviour. Being a bit hypocritical here, again, aren't we?

[ October 04, 2003, 04:34 AM: Message edited by: Cabron66 ]

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

I thought the Canadians were more inclined toward plastic companionship

Yeah, situated as I am near the border I am in an excellent position to observe the lively trade in smuggled synthetics. "Agreeable Alice" seems to be the favorite of the month with "Submissive Sal" running a close second.

Michael </font>