Which game?

Javaslinger,

In terms of active games, that's exactly my split, considering NG cavscout and I are fighting in Abyssinnia and Russia. When I have more brains online, I intend to really get going on my vs. AI playtest of rune's Tunisia scenario, shifting the ratio to two parts CMAK and one part CMBB. To be fair, though, I still haven't played most of the JasonC Russian Training Scenarios yet, either. Confused? I sure am!

Regards,

John Kettler

Javaslinger,

From what I can tell, people are still doing all sorts of things with these two games. There are even people still playing CMBO! Returning to the primary topic, there are ladders, multiple nonBFC CM boards, tournaments, major mods such as CMETO, Spanish Civil War, eventually patboy's Fall Weiss

(Polish Campaign). Try posting your specific questions to the GDF if you want a real overview. I'm not the person who really has the answers you need.

Welcome back!

Regards,

John Kettler

I almost exclusively play CM:AK, as I find the Russian armour and gun modelling to be too skewed.

See multiple uber StuG threads.

CM:AK also lets me play as CW and I really enjoy the armour mix they have. Plus the various terrain types have a greater effect on tactics than in BB.

Still, the breadth of the game in BB is excellent. The whole eastern front from 41 to 45.

You pays your money you takes your box set and gets the lot smile.gif .

I enjoy CMAK for its improved game engine and all the cool Allied vehicles, but the concept of the whole Eastern Front continues to give me thrills. I still prefer fighting in crappy Russian fast tanks on the steppes in '41 than equally crappy British cruiser tanks in the desert - also in '41.

Y'know, preferring CMBB probably isn't entirely the other game's fault. I'd bet 90% of battles fought on CMAK are ETO '44 games. I can't recall the last time I fought a battle using Churchill mkIIIs or U.S. 37mm anti-tank guns. We just keep replaying CMBO terrain & equipment over and over!

50% CMBB,35% CMAK, 15% CMBO.

Yes I am one of them guys that still enjoy even CMBO, I have converted scenarios, but I just enjoy the game also as it orig. played. No not as detailed or maybe correct. But it is fun to see the infantry play a stronger role than it does later.

For me CMBB seems to be easy to find someone to play. Always interesting match ups can be found in Scenarios

For CMAK, you need someone that enjoys the tactical challenges that are present in Desert warfare to really get into it. Yes it protrays

ETO just fine, but the desert is where it really shines.