To the designers of the CMBB - is it possible??

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by J_Powell:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Wiggins:

IMHO viruses cause "not working", I dont think they cause "wrong working" of the CM:BB.

Belive me. It is possible! I can write a resident "program" (some kind of troian) that will affect Your TCP connection (randomizing one of 10 000 send bytes) and f.e. destroy some *.dbf files. You will not see any difference in IE, mail programs, etc., but in CM (and other "every point is impotant" TCP games) You will see such a strange things as You wrote before (f.e. changing troops experience _after_ buying them, disapearing units, etc.). Every good TCP game sending/receive it's TCP data coded. So i can't plan what that "****ty resident" will change, but it will affect the transfer = "bugging" the game.

</font>

Originally posted by GreenAsJade:

Sure - you can mess up his game data, but I don't think you can change unit information etc. You are much more likely to just completely break the game file, aren't you? To change unit information etc, you'd have to actually know how the game stores its data... Right?

Right. It is possible to "hack" data when buying units. It's really simple. But _changing squad teams_, _moving them_, "upgrading" weapons, turning on god mode, pop up morale etc. need to know when data is stored. Find it in TCP mode? No way redface.gif ) Every new TCP game storing this data in other adresses. In PBEM it is a job for real grog too!

What to do? - don't let this dude scan his HDD (as i advised some time ago)! Or ask him to make BIN copy before.

I'll bet he has got some resident **** affecting memory he don't even KNOW! Simple (but no 100% sure) method is to look at "strange" units turn by turn. If there is some resident, randomize memory changing **** (virus, troian, etc.), that unit will be changing turn by turn. This is possible to change even _beyond_ CM possibilities (f.e. squad with 200 men, or 150 x Breda).

BUT after _generating the movie_ everything should back to normal. Couse the game have (should have to ;o) got some "check if everything is all right" code looking for accidental data transfer errors.

So, as bishop Jellieur said: "Don't hang a witch. Maybe it's a devil inside and she is just a tool!". Need to "find a devil" - how it is possible to make so many changes in the TCP/PBEM game?

Once again - IMO devil is "SRSUN"*.

* ****ty Resident Stuff User didn't Notice" - troian, virus

IMO it is a resident stuff, but kind of trainer or cheater.

All screens come from 2 games with the same opponent, CM:BB and CM:AK. In both games were zombies, in both games purchase were far over the limit, in game with CMAK I found this special squad.

I am not witch-hunter, in fact I was hope that simple patch will solve this problem but designers are not interested in problems with old game, income-explorated. What a pity.

First suggestion was to check limit of purchase just after "GO! click" after purchase. Is it simple patch, isnt it ??

For me, it is the end of this topic.

EOT.

Originally posted by Wiggins:

IMO it is a resident stuff, but kind of trainer or cheater.

All screens come from 2 games with the same opponent, CM:BB and CM:AK. In both games were zombies, in both games purchase were far over the limit, in game with CMAK I found this special squad.

I am not witch-hunter, in fact I was hope that simple patch will solve this problem but designers are not interested in problems with old game, income-explorated. What a pity.

First suggestion was to check limit of purchase just after "GO! click" after purchase. Is it simple patch, isnt it ??

For me, it is the end of this topic.

EOT.

One last thing, did you try to contact BFC about this by email?

Originally posted by Wiggins:

IMO it is a resident stuff, but kind of trainer or cheater. All screens come from 2 games with the same opponent, CM:BB and CM:AK. In both games were zombies, in both games purchase were far over the limit, in game with CMAK I found this special squad.

OK. Last two words, and EOT too ;)

If it's some kind of resident stuff than such a strange behaviours will be in MOST if not EVERY GAME played by that dude. We had almost THE SAME problem with CFS2 on-line and very simillar with Destroyer Command. In BOTH sytuations the reason was...resident stuff NOT trainer or cheating program.

BTW: If he had a trainer WHY... left evidence? It's without sense redface.gif ). Once again - don't offence anybody untill You'll be sure there is a way to cheat like that (vide - You will find a program or trainer allowing that).

And about BF Team. Looks like busy ppl up there smile.gif I'm waiting a week for answer tongue.gif

I am also from the ladder & message board Wiggins plays at (CMHQPL,) and also a player with large exp. (380 battles) and before, I have heard that you could edit pbem-s to add ammo to spotter's, but not hacking tcp/ip.

But now, I belive in it, and talked with a person you tried it out, no problems in it.

here is a nice screen showing it's capabilities.

OO, it didn't work, anyway now I saw, that Wiggins gave the same picture above...

It is cheating, and as I said, it is not hard, working on it by myself now (still no succes for myself, but a differnt guy did it in one day of work:)), just have to have a memory scanning program, like memware.

The guy who is suspected of hacking, is a so called "geek" smile.gif and now has dissapeard from the scene.

He left evidence, because he was sure no one would check anything, and over-boosted ego I would say.

We got away with it for about 7 months, won 100% of his ladder games, and finally someone checked it out, and found 2500pts, zombies etc, to many coincidences guys. He also had a reputation of terribly efficient mortar fire (I saw it, not the kind you think "good firing" just massacre). No wonder, if he used 300 shells for a few mortars, nobody just checks that, it would be paranoid to check that everytime you play.

A random resident would cause random accident's, which would return to normal, now this isn't random, we can control it, and as wiggins said, but 15 t-34s in a 300pts CA game:) We have enough evidence to smoke the guy.

Making a patch that would check CRC correctness wouldn't be hard, and BTF should do it.

Originally posted by Filip von Izabelin:

I am also from the ladder & message board Wiggins plays at (CMHQPL,) and also a player with large exp. (380 battles) and before, I have heard that you could edit pbem-s to add ammo to spotter's, but not hacking tcp/ip.

But now, I belive in it, and talked with a person you tried it out, no problems in it.

here is a nice screen showing it's capabilities.

Filip you can post images from your harddisk. Go to a website called imageshack where you can upload your picture for free and link it here, because I'm really curious about this.

Army of domestic prosecutors :)All right:

"and as wiggins said, but 15 t-34s in a 300pts"

is simple. But, if You are so sure that cheating is simple in CM, could You:

1. Change number of squad members?

2. Change weapons of squads?

3. Moving troops from place to place?

4. 'Resurecting' them?

5. Seeing enemies?

Please, don't tell me "no, I can't but I'm sure it is possible" smile.gif

"He left evidence, because he was sure no one would check anything, and over-boosted ego" - oh, common! Why left evidence when You know how to hide it? Illogical, FvI.

Today I contiuniuted hacking the game, and it is very easy.

All you do is use a program that those a memory dump and then edits memory (and has a search)

Then you go into the buying phase of the game, and buy troops for 1300pts (any number)

You tell the program to check the games memory for this value.

You find like 300 to 600 memory cells.

YOu alttab back to the game, erase a few troops, and now it is 1000pts.

Then you ask the program to filter the first results, for changes from 1300 to 1000.

And you get the mem cell to use for total points.

Then you buy what you wan't, (60 t-34s, 100x KT anything, in any number, up to game limits) and then you return to the program, and change the new integer (which is like 9000pts for a army of KT's to 140pts.

And you get an whole army of KT's for 140pts in the game:)

I will post the picture's in a moment.

I hope now, That J Powell will belive us, and will try it for himself.

contact at fchmielowski@wp.pl

P.S After finding the right integers, you can change anything, including weapon types and numbers in squads, ammo in tanks (like a KT with 300 HE ammo, all you have to do is to filter out the right memory cells and change it's value.

ANd as you see, he have created FJ squads with 7 lmgs. So it is not a resident virus in the game, becuase a virus changing random cells, would create 1 example of cheating and 1000 game crashes.

Here is image nr 1. a battalion for 140pts

my.php?loc=img166â„‘=clipboard019nv.jpg

As you see, the batalion in totals has 140pts, but in infantry it's full price.

But we are hardcore hackers, and that will change in the next minute;))

and after a few changes, we get the whole thing for 2 pts, (infantry 1 pts;))

Isn't it superb?? smile.gif )

An resident virus, controled by me lol

It's about time we revised our thinking about the CM series, and the BTF guys got to think about doing something against this in CMx2, (I am sure, they won't do anything for ak/bb/bo, they are "expenadable" and they don't care a f.. about it)

clipboard024lr.jpg

Wow! This are may topic from last year!

I had the same problem but with ... computer opponent (yes, computer). In big operation battle from barrbarosa to berlin Combat Mission 2 I saw he turned on some super, hiper, extra modes. Commanded by computer units had ... 9 x PPSh weapons for... german infrantry team (not SMG). Then one of the computer controled panzeschreks was unable to be killed by any of my units! My poor Soviet full ammo/no killed men/SQ was shooting to him from 10 meters - none of panzersherck team members was killed till 3 turns. Then they run away. LOL. In other computer vs human battle some team of "virtual troops" has... 5 x MG's with picture like that mounted on ... tanks! I was playing with no fog of war - thats why found that superb computer modes, phi.

Than such a stupid things I had with almost every one battle played with computer! So my own computer was a cheater? Baaad, baaad guy! lol.

Sbdy told me to reinstall the game - didn't help at all. In CMBO I had... the same problems those days. Computer units that I killed in next few seconds they... standing up. In next turn... they were killed "again" but i didn't do that this time. LOL! No doubt I got some old screens in Interent-Disc - will look for it.

If I remember the only solution was to format/reinstall system and reinstall all CM parts. But thakns to that I dropped CM for much better game: Operation Flashpoint :PP Greetings for all funs.