Night of the Refresh Monkeys, Take Three?

I missed the original release of the CMBO demo, but when CMBB's release was nearing, like all the other good little players in waiting, I gathered around the fire to hear the elders weave their tale about "The Night of the Refresh Monkeys" -- the night the CMBO demo was to be released, and eager forumers brought down the site within minutes (and irreparably maimed several F5 keys).

Sure enough, the CMBB demo came, and while the site survived, the mad rush to download was on, bringing the site (and my download speed) to a crawl.

So, who's got their F5 key oiled and ready for Night of the Refresh Monkeys 3? smile.gif (extra smile.gif for the Penguins)

The Cheery Waffle stands ready to do our part! Well, stands, stumbles, heck, we're just happy some can read. :mad:

[ October 07, 2003, 02:38 PM: Message edited by: Becket ]

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

I heard that BFC is going to mail out a free CD with the demo on it to every registered Forum member.

;):D

Michael

See? It's comments like this is why you were relegated to the post of "Famine. I swear, if there were a Horseman for "Slightly Noticeable Ear Hair", you would have been a shoe-in.

[ October 07, 2003, 01:10 PM: Message edited by: Boo Radley ]

Dear Becket,

You are correct that the refresh monkeys crashed the site when the "gold" CMBO demo was released. When the "beta" CMBO demo was released things were much more civlized.

The site crash caused me the problem of having a correct memeber number but incorrect "member since" date. I still wish there was a way to fix that. I almost look like a newbie.

Love,

Elvis

Originally posted by Elvis:

Dear Becket,

You are correct that the refresh monkeys crashed the site when the "gold" CMBO demo was released. When the "beta" CMBO demo was released things were much more civlized.

The site crash caused me the problem of having a correct memeber number but incorrect "member since" date. I still wish there was a way to fix that. I almost look like a newbie.

Love,

Elvis

In spite of your member number, I'm positive that everyone will be glad to always think of you as a newbie. Wanker. :D

CMBO Beta Demo: The weasle rode at midnight, 29 Oct 1999. Where were you?

CMBO Gold Demo: Monkeying around, 10 May 2000

Sadly, Capt Manieri's "The Night Of The Gold Demo" thread seems to have vanished in a puff of server-crash :(Lindan reckoned he had it saved, but his old site is gone, and the new one doesn't have it :(

The release of the CMBB demo was, by comparson, positively lame.

[ October 07, 2003, 07:11 PM: Message edited by: JonS ]

Originally posted by Elvis:

Love,

Elvis

You'll always be a n00b to me, Oh greatest Elvis of the Elvii.

And that's not your biggest problem. Your problem is that you're nasty.