Rugged Defense??

www.theblitz.org has ladders for many war games.

I haven't played CM there yet since I've only had BB for a couple of weeks (my first CM game).I will be joining the CM ladder there soon though and try pbem if I can find the time to play. I have been on the Campaign Series ladder there for about 3 years, it's a pretty good bunch of guys.

I checked the ROW thread in CMAK but couldn't find any reference to what happened tothe RD tourney. I scanned all 11 pages. Would be nice if you could summarize what happened to the RD site?

Also it's a pity that no one from the RD site bothered to inform their members. A simple closing down would have sufficed.

All best

Patrick

It would appear that the RD / CMBB tourney is dead in the water. A few months after sending Cyberfox scenario #4 I asked when he would like #5. He never responded. This was before CMAK came out. To date I've yet to hear from Cyberfox, or anyone else with regards to the tourney.

Scenario #4 - Krasny Oktyber - will soon be released through Boots and Tracks, and as Richie said, his own 'Battle for the Reichstag', which was to be scenario #9, is already out and availible for download. That one is a must have.

I, too, was disappointed that this tournament seems to be defunct. I had really enjoyed all the scenarios in the process.

The Red October Stalingrad Factory Battle, the most recent one from in round 4, was a very good (but abstracted) evocation of that battle.

Has anybody tried to make a truly historical version?

Is there no chance that somebody could either

Contact Cyberfox and find out what happened/pursude him to continue, or

Arrange to continue "Under new management"

Originally posted by pakfan:

If you know the german language a little bit, there's a german ladder at

http://www.gamershall.de/wpc/cm/cm-main.htm

hehe this is the net, just because you cant read a languange doesnt mean you cant participate, tongue.gif

babelfish

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish

universal translator for the multilingually challenged like me

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings,

I am sorry for not informing all the members of the

RDCM ladder.

I was/am not able to maintain the site, because I have no time. My 2 kids/ new job and studie are taking all my time.

I starting 1,5 years ago asking for help, but nobody could help me with the ladder.

I hope to restart it, also to end the tourney in a good way, and I will trying to do that asap if somebody can help me with it.

I have no time to do it in my own. :-(

I still have all the files, no data is lost

regards,

Cyberfox

• 3 weeks later...

I quess it's too late seeing how the domain has been already taken .. But the site backend seemed very, very cumbersome. Typing in results by hand?

If you compare the setup they have at the blitz, it practically runs itself except for distiputes. I sure don't have necessary SQL/PHP skills to set up such a system, but I'm sure someone in the RD does.

Originally posted by Cyberfox:

Greetings,

I am sorry for not informing all the members of the

RDCM ladder.

I was/am not able to maintain the site, because I have no time. My 2 kids/ new job and studie are taking all my time.

I starting 1,5 years ago asking for help, but nobody could help me with the ladder.

I hope to restart it, also to end the tourney in a good way, and I will trying to do that asap if somebody can help me with it.

I have no time to do it in my own. :-(

I still have all the files, no data is lost

regards,

Cyberfox

Yep, Ed, it was a great site. Are there still enough people around who want to continue the tournament? The Stalingrad scenario was fun, but it seemed few played it to the end. I would continue, if there was a way to get the site back up.

sandy,

I am presently gathering data on the battle of Stalingrad. I presently designed a map of the Tractor works. After seeing an aerial Photo, I must redo it. The Tactor Factory, Red Barracades Gun Factory and the Red October Factory will be done in that order. I stll have not decided where an operation or battle. I did just finish a scenario, The Road to Stalingrad, which is my adaption of a SPWAW Campaign based on a hypothetical Kampfem Grouppe .