Three Olde Ones in a Boat, and a Peng Challenge from a Dog named King

SOD and BUGGER it! :mad: :mad:

Just heard from my better half Joan who is over in Wodonga visiting her folks that her dad {and my well regarded father-in-law} who had suddenly fallen quite ill over the past few months has just been diagnosed with a suspected tumour or cancer of the liver and also one kidney after an ultrasound yesterday and a confirming CAT scan today.

The liver "lump" is about 15cm in diameter and the kidney one about 4cm. His doctor told her that he would probably only survive a few weeks more if he was lucky. They are taking biopsies tomorrow to confirm. ****!

He is one tough 85 year old guy who served with the Desert Rats in Tobruk as one of the many invaluable truck drivers ferrying troops and munitions around and later in New Guinea as a foot slogger. Never complained about illnesses or sickness even if he was. Never wanted to "go see a quack" as he used to call them! Sigh....

BUGGER, BUGGER, BUGGER. :(

In all the comfort and frivolity to be found here in this place of late, now with this news I come crashing back to hug mother earth......

Excuse me if I am out of sorts from time to time in the coming weeks. I night need some cheering up..

AJ

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad to hear AJ

Best wishes too

(hard to find words ,all seems so banal

compare to real feelings)

Hope evrything will turn in to good

konrad

[ February 07, 2003, 04:02 AM: Message edited by: lenakonrad ]

Originally posted by aussiejeff:

SOD and BUGGER it! :mad: :mad:

Just heard from my better half Joan who is over in Wodonga visiting her folks that her dad {and my well regarded father-in-law} who had suddenly fallen quite ill over the past few months has just been diagnosed with a suspected tumour or cancer of the liver and also one kidney after an ultrasound yesterday and a confirming CAT scan today.

The liver "lump" is about 15cm in diameter and the kidney one about 4cm. His doctor told her that he would probably only survive a few weeks more if he was lucky. They are taking biopsies tomorrow to confirm. ****!

He is one tough 85 year old guy who served with the Desert Rats in Tobruk as one of the many invaluable truck drivers ferrying troops and munitions around and later in New Guinea as a foot slogger. Never complained about illnesses or sickness even if he was. Never wanted to "go see a quack" as he used to call them! Sigh....

BUGGER, BUGGER, BUGGER. :(

In all the comfort and frivolity to be found here in this place of late, now with this news I come crashing back to hug mother earth......

Excuse me if I am out of sorts from time to time in the coming weeks. I night need some cheering up..

AJ

Truly crappy news. I hope the tests come back negative

Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by aussiejeff:

Shall I Foster the lad DOWNUNDER as it were for awhile, as budding quire within your stable of HELLISHLY BRAVE, yet some say MUTANT KANIGGETS?

Please, pretty, please???? Look, I'm STANDING ON MY HEAD for this one!!

He's all yours </font>

Originally posted by dalem:

I would not be a Justicar!

Aww, that's too bad, because I can imagine that you'd bring all sorts of novel qualities to the post. And, knowing your general state of mind, an impressive amount of bong water.

[serious] Sorry to hear the bad news AJ. Don't give up hope, though [/serious]

Originally posted by aussiejeff:

AJ

I'll keep you, your father-in-law and the remainder of your family in my prayers, Jeff.

Steve

Jeff truly sorry to hear about your wife's dad, no words can explain...the man obviously was a tough bugger during his life, perhaps he will overcome this obstacle as well.

My dad survived 49 days on Iwo Jima, without a scratch, when all kinds of chaos and death was going on around him. He died in his sleep in 1985, no explaining it. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Originally posted by konfused:

that not true,I'm nobody's property...

especially yours

Send me a setup, lena...or is it konrad?, and I'll give you a lesson, not only in English, but in tactics as well. We'll see whose property you really are.

[ February 07, 2003, 09:27 AM: Message edited by: Nidan1 ]

Originally posted by Nidan1:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> Originally posted by konfused:

especially yours

Send me a setup, lena...or is it konrad?, and I'll give you a lesson, not only in English, but in tactics as well. We'll see whose property you really are. </font>

Originally posted by lenakonrad:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Nidan1:

especially yours

Send me a setup, lena...or is it konrad?, and I'll give you a lesson, not only in English, but in tactics as well. We'll see whose property you really are. </font>

Originally posted by Nidan1:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by lenakonrad:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Nidan1:

especially yours

Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Pity you can't attract a REAL Justicar, one with wit, brains AND talent

Good point Joe. That has ALWAYS been the problem with that post. </font>

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Pity you can't attract a REAL Justicar, one with wit, brains AND talent

Good point Joe. That has ALWAYS been the problem with that post. </font>

Originally posted by lenakonrad:

you will make as a nice kitten

regards

konrad

Now, see? I find this extremey disturbing. Now I have this visual of my faithful squire Nidan1 dressed in dalem's Catwoman outfit, and it's just so horribly, horribly wrong.

When I first saw it in my minds eye, my internal scream was very loud and lasted quite a long time.

Hope you're happy, konrad (I can call you konrad, can't I).

[ February 07, 2003, 11:29 AM: Message edited by: Boo_Radley ]

Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by lenakonrad:

you will make as a nice kitten

regards

konrad

Now, see? I find this extremey disturbing. Now I have this visual of my faithful squire Nidan1 dressed in dalem's Catwoman outfit, and it's just so horribly, horribly wrong.

When I first saw it in my minds eye, my internal scream was very long and lasted quite a long time.

Hope you're happy, konrad (I can call you konrad, can't I). </font>

OK...who needs a massive and I mean massive battle to kill a ssn or serf with? I want some feedback on this one, unlike the other slackers who never tell me anything. This one is in testing, want comments on balance. Volunteers?

Rune

Originally posted by rune:

OK...who needs a massive and I mean massive battle to kill a ssn or serf with? I want some feedback on this one, unlike the other slackers who never tell me anything. This one is in testing, want comments on balance. Volunteers?

Rune

We're playing "Massive Tree Fight" still, but my illustrious opponent is on vacation or the Moon or some damned where.

So far there are trees, super Panzers with +2 armor of reflection, bad AI pathfinding which gets tanks bogged in scattered trees...

Oh yeah, and lots of dead, retreating, and smoking-hulked Soviets.

Originally posted by rune:

Rune

How big you talking here? Battle of Berlin big, Barbarrosa, ETO? Details man.