Three Olde Ones in a Boat, and a Peng Challenge from a Dog named King

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PondScum
Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by lenakonrad:

<font size=-1>shame,i don't think there is more comfortable ditch out there.</font>

<font size=-1>This is probably the nicest thing anyone's ever said about the Cesspool. I shall have to consider giving a game to this strange Polish person.</font></font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Gaylord Focker:

Early to bed

Early to rise

Was meant for those

Old fashioned guys

Who didn't use

Burma-Shave

Have a biscuit, Gaylord. Who's a strange boy, then, who's a strange boy? You're a strange boy, yes you are! </font>

Are we

going to see

an attempt on the world

pole standing record?

Is Squib Whoresland really up to it?

Or will he be shafted?

What's the point of it all anyway?

Some people will go to any lengths

To get noticed above the crowd

But you don't see much

with your head on a pike

congealed blood dribbling down

and flies buzzing 'round.

Say Seanachai, just how long do you intend to dodge the questions I've posted regarding a certain, Australian speaking, Apostate, Absent Without Leave, Idiot In Training king?

The Whole World Wants to Know? Can you put the booze DOWN for a moment and tend to your duty?

The Outlaw Justicar Strikes Again!

Justicar, Justicar, Calling him to task,

Justicar, Justicar, Peeling lips from flask,

You'll have no more to drink, 'Til you rid us from Meeks STINK.

Justicar, Justicar, Justicar

I STAND FOR THE CESSPOOL!

Joe

Lars said:

I can't be more precise than that, lad. Now best watch the Grue, for it is gnashing it's teeth on a better fluffy than you... [/QB]

Seanachai

I shall have to consider giving a game to this strange Polish person. [/QB]
That will be my pleasure and honour,

bigger even,b'cause

not deserved

konrad

Originally posted by Mike:

Are we

going to see

an attempt on the world

pole standing record?

Or will he be shafted?

But you don't see much

with your head on a pike

When I go down to the cellar

There to draw some wine,

A little hunchback who's in there

Grabs that jug of mine.

When I go into my kitchen,

There my soup to make

A little hunchback who's in there

My little pot did break.

Originally posted by Gaylord Focker:

Persephone, your pet gnome has had too much gummy berry juice again and is bouncing his annoyance all over town.

Gummy? Berry? Juice?

Do you suppose the Polish chap could give poor Gaylord some lessons?

Hey Polish person, are you up for it?

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Say foo!!! You wanna be with a real man!!! Yeah, oh yeah!! Booya! Woooooot!

Jose

You missed an apostrophe, you impossibly dull little man. Go back and edit your post, and while you're at it, stick you head in a wood chipper.

And I'll speak in whatever idiom is appropriate, dammit.

Bloody, backward-footed wanker.

Originally posted by Elijah Meeks:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by lenakonrad:

Jesus loves you

He obviously must be thinking of somebody else. </font>

Originally posted by Elijah Meeks:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Gaylord Focker:

Persephone, your pet gnome has had too much gummy berry juice again and is bouncing his annoyance all over town.

Gummy? Berry? Juice?

Do you suppose the Polish chap could give poor Gaylord some lessons?

Hey Polish person, are you up for it? </font>

Originally posted by Mike:

Are we

going to see

an attempt on the world

pole standing record?

Or will he be shafted?

But you don't see much

with your head on a pike

Alright, I'm starting to see some very good efforts here.

I swear to the gods you lot are this close to breaking into actual Skaldic poetry.

Mike, you idiot, that was a lovely effort. Although not quite on the level of the stuff in "Egil's Saga", it had some of the same flavour.

What is it about you lot? Some of you are the most godawful, painful, 'please someone kick the brains out of my head so I never, ever have to hear those last lines again' versifiers under the sun, and others of you, that can't post worth a sorry wet ****e when using standard English somehow become vaguely interesting when you turn your hand to poetry.

That's what I find intriguing about this Lenakonrad creature.

It's like the strangest part of both worlds: Sentences written in a remotely 'open verse' form, with some of the weird flow of poetry, that make almost no sodding sense, and read horribly in English.

And yet...there's almost something there.

Mike, please remember that I still know you to be a Kiwi, and, besides Bastables, we've never had a Kiwi in here who was worth a ****e.

Still, in the 'Initiative to Return New Zealand to a Pristine State for the Wildlife and Plants', I'd be tempted to have you put to death rather late in the process.

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Say Seanachai, just how long do you intend to dodge the questions I've posted regarding a certain, Australian speaking, Apostate, Absent Without Leave, Idiot In Training king?

The Whole World Wants to Know? Can you put the booze DOWN for a moment and tend to your duty?

The Outlaw Justicar Strikes Again!

Justicar, Justicar, Calling him to task,

Justicar, Justicar, Peeling lips from flask,

You'll have no more to drink, 'Til you rid us from Meeks STINK.

Justicar, Justicar, Justicar

I STAND FOR THE CESSPOOL!

Joe

SHAW, YOU HORRIBLE LITTLE MAN! WHAT IS IT THAT YOU WANT?

Berli comes to me, and he says "Let us have a King". Odd, I think, for he is the most anarchistic of individuals, quite given over to the laughing at rules, and mocking heirarchies, and sneering at tradition and ritual and such. But 'treat it as the right one', I thinks, and I ask him "So, Oh Dark One Flame Enshrouded (it is very important when dealing with Berli to keep up a constant variation on his 'titles of visciousness', lest he do something hideous beyond belief, such as demanding that all future Thread titles make some reference to songs by The Monkees, for example), who shall we have as King, then?"

And, without missing an f'ing beat, he says to me: Meeks.

Well. And so. And there it is.

Did I not, in the Second Incarnation of the Most Holy Peng Challenge Thread, not arm myself cap-á-pie, and flaming sword in hand (not that there's anything wrong with that), like the Archangel Michael, did I not smite the Apostate, and rally all the heavenly host against him?

Was there not an accounting? Were there not declarations? Was there not 'a reading of names'?

Were the Faithful not called to account for their allegiances?

You were there, Joe. You know that such took place.

Now, as the Temple of the Peng Challenge descends, becomes something more mean, more day-to-day, more given over to the Things of This World, and less to The Things of the Spirit, you task me, Joe.

You task me. I, who was there when Peng said, "er, um, sure, Seanachai, or whatever you're called, let's have a game".

I, who was there when the First, the most Righteous, Holy, and Severely Strange Peng Challenge Thread was elevated, and taken beyond the grasp of mortal man!

I, who rallied all the forces of Orthodoxy when The Apostate Meeks sought to lead the Peng Challenge into his own private darkness in the First Schism.

I, who, when the folk grew bored, whiny, and, quite frankly, sodding tiresome, lamenting that 'the Thread isn't fun anymore, it's full of stupid ****e and really dull posts', revealed to them that waiting, eternally, for them in the Wasteland, the Olde Ones laughed at their shallowness, stupidity, and whinging inconsequence.

We wait still, Joe.

Three figures, ancient, strange, and lacking all wisdom. Sitting around a fire, passing a jug, brooding on the flames and waiting for the folk to catch us up, push us on into Nothingness with the exuberance of the 'Something' they've created.

Occasionally, we choose to throw a rock into the 'Pool. Or, sometimes, a Brick. Just to watch the ripples pass back and forth across the surface, distorting the light from the over-arching stars. It makes for a pretty pattern, for the eyes that can see.

And, of course, we are ourselves. Seanachai, Berli, and Peng. Not the Avatars of the Peng Challenge Thread, just three poor fools who'd give quite a lot to read a Post filled with spirit, fire, and amusement. A Post to raise an eyebrow, to tickle a chuckle, to furrow a brow with thought. A Post to make us laugh, to bring a nod, to make us say 'yes! well said!'.

Just folks, you see.

And so, we choose to take a King. Not a 'Good' King, certainly. A roight sodding lunatic, when you get right down to it. But 'Our' lunatic, Joe. Rough-tongued, vile, apostate, and annointed with 'the Brick'. Another 'Horrible Little Man', Joe. Like yourself. Another one of 'Us', as it were. An 'abuse of power'. The 'Olde Ones' pissing about with the Thread, as it were.

But our souls are forever seated around that fire, Joe, in the Wasteland. With the wind, the stars, and the darkness. The crackling flames, and the pop of heated pitch. And the sparks, Joe; the sparks rise up, they rise up, they rise up, they fly high into the darkness! Each one a little bit of light where all is dark, each one a thing of beauty, that will burn where it lands. Each post, Joseph a spark passing from one soul unto another.

That is all we want for the Peng Challenge Thread, we Old Ones. For the folk that come in here to pass a bit of their spark to all the others. To rise up, rise up, rise up, and make catching the sparks burn, a bit.

Because anything beautiful should bring a bit of pain, and anything that causes pain should attempt to bring a bit of beauty to life.

What is it about you lot? Some of you are the most godawful, painful, 'please someone kick the brains out of my head so I never, ever have to hear those last lines again' versifiers under the sun,

It's okay, you can type it out loud - we all know who you're talking about, g'wan....