The Return Of The SEPTIC Cup

Welcome to the quarterfinals of the South England Players Totally Irrelevant Challenge. In the opening 1942 round we witnessed hordes of gamey Russian victories tongue.gif , but now it's 1943 and the Germans are out for revenge with Tigers and Panthers (and Elefants if any of you are seriously cheating with the setup).

The draw is imminent, and our flukey few survivors of the previous round need to gather here to discuss the preliminaries. Take your places Holien, Makes The Jelly Judder, Lucky Strike, Prester John, Captain Pies, Rex Bellator (hey I'm in!), Soddball, and both Andreas + Sailor Malan. We have a couple of days to iron out the parameters first.

Some points from the previous thread, Captain Pies would like to see casualties done away with, and Andreas would like to see fitness done away with (if he makes it in of course). I say still go Random with the lot, but am also interested in preferences for either medium or large maps.

So vote away, let's see if we have any kind of consensus...

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest (that'll be a first), all random is also fine. After all - are we not men!?

[blonde bimbo assistant traipses up and whispers seductively]Excuse me Sir, but that should read 'We are Devo!'[blonde bimbo assistant traipses back into shadows]

Ah... Nevermind. Yes, all random, fine with me.

Regarding Holiens question earlier - yes, getting to the VL first is the key, although now that I have said it, Mr.Blue will probably prove that I am wrong. This is where the superior mobility and tank-descending capabilities of the tanks and men the Rodina endowed us with came into play in the first round. I think it would be in keeping with the spirit of the SEPTIC Challengeā„¢ (is that in any way shape or form related to a poison chalice, BTW?) to just roll dice for who is attacker and who is defender.

Teutoni ite domus!
These people called Germans, they go in the house? Post it 100 times and if it's not done by morning I'll cut yer balls off...

OK we're all going to be Fit for the next battle, which considering our age we all should make the most of. Next up, any preference for ME or attack/defense, and large or medium maps. ME and givin' it Large for me, yo!

Guess what I would go with if given the choice. An Attack / Defend.

This is just on the basis of trying something different. I do not know if they are not as balanced as CMBO?

I bow to people with more knowledge on such things as I really have no idea how it would work out?

H

Hey NTL ain't too bad :( . It came with my broadband and it don't bounce back ppls emails after I have exceeded 2mb, however the constant drop outs and the turning on and off of my set top box is a pain :( .

I'm not really bothered about game type, but if I have to make a choice Iā€™d go ME and large.

[ April 13, 2003, 05:11 PM: Message edited by: Makes The Jelly Judder ]

Mr. Blue better start dipping his pen into some ink to start writing those letters to the soon to be, if not already, bereaved wailing widows of his bumbling Ɯbermenschen. Some of them at least seem to prefer the wrath of their commander to the hot steel emanating from the guns of my ideologically superior forces of the Internationale.

This is a direct consequence of a lack of training in how to deal with pointed sticks and pine-apples. As many of the members of this board now, the latter can be especially painful, if rectally inserted the wrong way round.

Here are some scenes from the cutting room floor of 'Monty Python - the remake'

spg.jpg

T'is but a fleshwound.

squads.jpg

Help help! We are being suppressed.

run.jpg

Practicing for the Philosopher's footy cup.

vl.jpg

VLs? We've already got some.

:D Python gets me every time.

Roight, it seems that Holien will have to suffer another ME tongue.gif , and I'll be mailing funky new codenames for the draw to everyone tommorow (yeah I'm dragging this out slightly to see if we can get a result from Sailor Malan and Andreas). I am awaiting confirmation from a third party to do the draw, then it's hopefully go-go-go.

Originally posted by Andreas:

Mr. Blue better start dipping his pen into some ink to start writing those letters to the soon to be, if not already, bereaved wailing widows of his bumbling Ɯbermenschen. Some of them at least seem to prefer the wrath of their commander to the hot steel emanating from the guns of my ideologically superior forces of the Internationale.

This is a direct consequence of a lack of training in how to deal with pointed sticks and pine-apples. As many of the members of this board now, the latter can be especially painful, if rectally inserted the wrong way round.

Here are some scenes from the cutting room floor of 'Monty Python - the remake'

[snip]

T'is but a fleshwound.

[snip]

Help help! We are being suppressed.

[snip]

Practicing for the Philosopher's footy cup.

[snip]

VLs? We've already got some.

Lets just say that the post of Iraqi Information Minister is no longer vacant shall we? We have a worthy successor in Mr Brown.

Seriously, wont be long now, wave bye bye to the VL's Andreas.

I can see it now.

The Russian Major on the phone to Stalin.

"We have kicked the dogs back to their homeland they are in full retreat!".

As he is saying this, just behind him are German tanks and Halftracks moving towards the flags and control of the game.

;)

Now who should we believe?

H

[ April 14, 2003, 06:03 PM: Message edited by: Holien ]

There are no invaders anywhere near the flags. We will roast their stomach on the pityless furnaces of Magnitogorsk. Our truthful internationalist communist spirit will prevail against the mercenary pigdog slimey servants of international worker repression. They will come and see the violence inherent in the system.

And they are still not anywhere near the flags.

We're an anarcho-syndicalist commune here near the flags anyway.

Well, the anarcho syndicalist commune continues to triumphantly show that being handed a rifle by some watery tart is no replacement for good combative spirit.

Mr. Blue's right-flank infantry rush is Dieing-A-Lotā„¢ in the crossfire of a number of communist tanks and infantry. Two of the tanks were cunningly placed by me to shoot the attacker in the back. Casualties on his side are mounting.

On his left, another rush towards the main VL is getting bogged in the face of a barrage of red-hot lead.

Here is a transmission from the Reichs TV newsroom captured by our superior Soviet antennas:

'Hallo? Ja, zis is Hermann ze reporter. I am emtombed (shurely: embedded; ed.) vis ze 34th Lederhosen Expeditionary Force near a central Russian willage.'

'Hermann, ja. Zis is Hans from ze studio in Berlin. Vot can you tell us?'

'Ve are mowing (shurely: moving) up against a rabble of Untermenschen in a small patch of ze voods. Ah, zere are now too Panzers to support our adwance.'

'Sehr gut, Hermann. Can you tell us vot kind of Panzers zey are?'

'Ah ja, gut. Zey are green. And zey have vritten on zeir side 100 times "Teutones eunt domus". Wery strange. Now zey level zeir guns at us... Vait a secund'

KABOOM

'Hermann, Hermann? Liebe Listeners. Ve haf lost ze connection. Now ve vill play ze requiem by Mozart for Hermann and his Kameraden.'

[cue chorus from the back 'Ich hatt einen Kameraden' /cue]

I've just mailed codenames for the Quarterfinal draw to every player AFAIK, I used the email addies in everyones profile apart from Makes The Jelly Judder, and think you'll probably be wondering what the hell I was thinking when you read it.

Anyone not getting a codename please let me know, the draw will hopefully be done tommorow, with parameters. I appreciate that some of you may want to play two games or one attack/defend. I personally haven't got time to do more than one due to an imminent house move, but if opponents want to negotiate something different to the parameters posted between themselves then that's no problem.

Good luck!