The Peng Challenge Thread and Minnesota's Ice Holes

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Persephone:

I made Gaylord Focker a serf of the MBT....You can't send my serf to Coventry!!!!

Lars, could you please take Gaylord as your squire....I think it would be quite fitting for him to be a part of the Shavian house....and I know you have always wanted a pet rock....pretty please!

Persephone

Sigh. I am a sucker for the Ladies.

I hereby relent on my proposal for Coventry -- but watch an dsee, I was right about Mouse and I am right about this one.

Now, as to making him a squire to the Shaving Haus? Sigh. Well, it couldn't make the Shavians any worse.

Besides, being related to Foul Joe will drive BOTH of them insane -- so it is a win-win situation.

Steve

[ March 06, 2003, 07:08 PM: Message edited by: MrSpkr ]

As founding Liege of the Shavian House I hereby PROHIBIT any Knight of the Shavian House from taking Gaylord Focker (spelt but not bolded) to Squire ... at least until he learns to spell ... and not post so often ... like ever.

Joe

Guest PondScum
Originally posted by dalem:

<font size=-1>"parp"? Is that some kind of smear?</font>

It's the plaintive bleating of your BA-64's horn as my uber-halftrack PUSHED IT OFF THE BRIDGE AND DOWN THE CLIFF.

Just like rolling out of bed feels. That sudden sickening sensation of falling, falling, falling...

Of course, when you roll out of bed the experience isn't normally followed up with a hollow-charge warhead, but I might be getting ahead of myself here. Let's just say that if you could send me that next movie we'll see what happens to brave little Mr Armored Car at the bottom of that big bad cliff. And it's not going to be good.

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

As founding Liege of the Shavian House I hereby PROHIBIT any Knight of the Shavian House from taking Gaylord Focker (spelt but not bolded) to Squire ... at least until he learns to spell ... and not post so often ... like ever.

Joe

Okay, Lars, guys -- you gonna let him push you around like this?

Steve

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Joe

Okay, Lars, guys -- you gonna let him push you around like this?

Steve </font>

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

As to Southern Comfort ... Janice Joplin drank it by the gallon ... so there.

Joe

This isn't the only thing Janis apparently swallowed by the gallon. One quite clearly led to the other. Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course.

[ March 07, 2003, 12:45 AM: Message edited by: Seanachai ]

Originally posted by Moraine Sedai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

Amuse me.

Okay...I shall try...

Ranting and wailing

wanting a railing,

Seanachai sits in his chair...

...So endure us you must

though you moan and you fuss,

We still love you, dear Seanachai. </font>

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Hmm. A bit tart, but that didn't scan too poorly, and made at least a portion of my brain sit up and say, 'Eh?'.

Lovely thing, poetry. It's not for everyone, of course.

Poetry is my forte. This was a 20 minute effort. I am working on a more interesting one and will post it as soon as I am finished. You should like that one much better.

Originally posted by YK2:

There was one in a bed

And the little Gnome said

"Now who's gonna amuse me"

And if a certain Gnome

was left quite alone

with only the human dilemma

as laid out by the Fair Emma

Who gave him a new direction

in which to look for his next...correction

then he would not be alone

as he sought to bring everyone home

And he would know what was lacking

and send all the idjits packing

as he called for a jolly sing-song

to set right all that was wrong.

So join in an UberGnome singing

about the renewal that all will be bringing

to a Thread more perfect than any

AND HOW EVERYONE IS GOING TO HAVE TO PULL THEIR DAMN THUMBS OUT OF THEIR ARSE, AND MAKE SOME BLOODY DAMN EFFORT, AND NOT JUST PONCE ABOUT GOING 'OOH, LOOK AT ME! I'M POSTING IN THE PENG CHALLENGE THREAD, AMN'T I JUST, THOUGH! '

Sorry, that last bit didn't scan so well. But it fit.

There must be a reapraissal of the Offices of the Peng Challenge Thread.

It is important that we get the Justicar working hand in glove with the new Inquisitor General of the Peng Challenge.

Hell, they're both annoying, they're both Texans, and there would seem to be no impediment to setting them both free to annoy pretty much everyone else. And Meeks. What has become of the Kingship?

I think, at this point, that the best thing we could do for the Kingship is to take a vote. How many of you lot want a king, and how many oppose it by all means?

Monarchy is best handled by means of an election, after all.

Guest PondScum
Originally posted by Seanachai:

<font size=-1>You've never read Kipling then, you tosser?</font>

Gruff English major: I say, do you like Kipling?

Sweet young dumb thing: I don't know... I've never Kippled.

Originally posted by Hiram Sedai

Fricken poetry always makes we want to puke my guts out. Just wanted to share that little nugget-o-wisdom with you tush pushers.

That's motivation enough to slow down the all-night drinkfest and lay pen to pad.

Originally posted by Seanachi

That's the spirit, lad!

Bad; Vile bad verse, but at least you cared enough to do your best! Or worst. It all comes down to the same thing when read.

I know, twas a horrible pile of steamy human waste. I admitted as much and went to bed. But that was all I could muster in my drunken-bleary-eyed-state-of-mind last night.

[ March 07, 2003, 03:23 AM: Message edited by: mike the wino ]

Thank God for the safety and sanity of the Peng Thread.....

And to think... some of those outerboarders have the audacity to suggest WE shouldn't be allowed our little thread.

MAKES ME WANNA SCREAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh that's better.

You may all carry on now..