New Screenshots of CMAK on Wargamer site

In a couple of the pictures there seems to be evidence that the (3?) story buildings do not fill the tile and join up together, but have narrow paved alleyways, much like traditional Med cities. In which case, can troops move along the allyways without entering the buildings?

Or maybe its just the angle of the shots and I'm imagining things. At any rate, it looks very cool.

Originally posted by The Graeme:

In a couple of the pictures there seems to be evidence that the (3?) story buildings do not fill the tile and join up together, but have narrow paved alleyways, much like traditional Med cities. In which case, can troops move along the allyways without entering the buildings?

Or maybe its just the angle of the shots and I'm imagining things. At any rate, it looks very cool.

The 3 storey buildings seem to have the same dimensions as the standard ones we have now. What's different here is that there's pavement between them, which is new. My thought is that this is just a graphic thing and won't change unit behavior at all. After all, we did have alleys before, they just weren't paved.

Edit: what this might mean is that it might now be possible to have more than one terrain type on a given tile (as in this case a building and pavement, wich isn't possible now). This could open up some very interesting possibilities in map making, maybe.

Beautiful buildings! I love the green stuff hanging out of the windows in picture 6.

[ September 01, 2003, 10:03 AM: Message edited by: Juju ]

Now what is that HT in the screenie with the Greyhound and the Stuart( i think its a stuart)? Is that a M17? It doesn't look like a quad setup, I only see 2 barrels.
The other two are hiding below the level of the cab (wouldn't want to be that driver).

You can just make out other ammo boxes, identical to those attached to the visible guns and below and to the rear of them.

Hi,

Have just taken a close look, they really do look stunning. Took a very close look at the Sherman, weld marks and all. Truly remarkable. smile.gif

I am a huge fan of the Eastern Front... but the more I see the screen shots.. and read about the Med… the more I look forward to it. Yes, it will be fun to play with Western units again… no matter how Russophile I am, and I am very Russophile. ;)

We are lucky, beyond belief, to have the CM series to play with. smile.gif

All the best,

Kip.

Originally posted by K_Tiger:

Fighting in Italy till 45`?? Anyone info where the last battles were fought?

The final battles were in the Po Valley, Bologna, Vicenza and Imola were captured in April 1945. Many Germans surrendered, some fled into the Alps.

[ September 02, 2003, 06:07 AM: Message edited by: Firefly ]

Originally posted by K_Tiger:

Fighting in Italy till 45`?? Anyone info where the last battles were fought?

Yeah, try Trieste, NE Italy, along the Adriatic, next to former Yugoslavia. It was liberated by Tito's Yugoslav 4th Army and Slovene 9th Corp on 1st May 1945. The NZ 2nd Division (with the 28th Maori battalion and the 43rd Gurkha Reg entered the city a day later, leading to one of the first post-war political confrontation between East and West, and all the things involved in Cold War Europe.

Cheers

Lt Bull