Goodbye All

Of course I was a resident of Onatrio too until several years ago, I was hurt on a job in the late 80's in Toronto, fought with that entity that calls itself now, the Workplace Safty and Insurance Board, (notice there isn't the word compensation in that entities title anymore) for help, finally got some in 1992 struggled with retraining as a computer tech, but my health deteriorated so much I couldn't follow through on this, so the board shut off my training money in November 1998, I had a small pension of $100 bucks a month to live on, tried to get help from social services, while I fought with the WSIB, got next to no where there, also had the provincal disability denied of course( funny though in 92 I had to get help from social services in Toronto and they couldn't have gotten me on that $900 buck a month disability fast enough, then I had to fight with them to get off of it when the help from workers comp finally come through for me in the summer of 1992).

So I had to leave Ontario in the latter part of 1999, (it's pretty darn rough trying to live in a city like Toronto on a whole $100 bucks a month income) and come back to new brunswick and sponge off my father, then he up and died on me in 2001 from cancer.

But I was able to get an legal aid outfit in Toronto to help with this just before I left, the Board dragged it out until a Ministry Of Labour hearing this spring, which of course denied everything and anything that I requested.

So now I only have $200 dollar a month income, from a 20% chronic pain award( the WSIB did finally give me a reassement for my medical in 2002 which bumped my pension up another whole 100 bucks a month) and I'm just unable to work anymore.

I was counting on a $600 buck a month income supplement which should have been back dated from Nov/98 and a further increase in my pension of about $200 bucks a month.

Thank you very much Mr Mike Harris.

I have so much to look forward to now, the savings from my fathers estate is all but gone. Though here in New Brunswick I can live it up on $400 bucks a month on welfare, I'd sooner put a 30.06 round through my head.

So I'm going to have to leave, and maybe more then just a game community.

Dey,

Thank you for all your mods and scenarios they are major contributions to this game.

I know that you have been dreading this moment for a long time, you forsaw it and now it is here. I know that you will face your future in the best way you can. I wish you good luck, strength and better fortune in your future.

DavidI

Dey,

Hang in there! Don't let the barstids grind you down! That's just what they want!

You watch, you'll be back here, guys with your talent always get a fair break eventually, although it can take some time, sometimes.

But don't you worry, no matter how long it takes, we'll be here waiting...

I must say I'm rather overwhelemed by all the response, though it appears some people are a little confused about what the problem is.

I have fought the system and lost, there is no more fighting left to be had with the Ontario WSIB in regards to the income supplement.

Though I could fight them still in regards of my low chronic pain award rating but that would only be considered from the time I make a new reassement request, there would be no back date before that considered.

This would take a lot of effort and time and would likely only get me another 5% boast to my already 20% rating, this would equal about another $100 bucks a month, hardly worth the bother.

My options are very limited as to what I can do now, there is a Federal pension (Canada Pension)that has a disability category in it. I'm going to look into that, but it doesn't pay out too much and I may be ineligible for it, apparentlly your suppose to apply for this within two years of when you stopped working.

I haven't worked since 1990, and I was dealing with the entity that was responsible for my situation ( an worker compensation board for a work injury ), so way anyone would want to get another enitiy involved at that point has me baffled.

Plus I didn't even know Canada Pension had this category until a few years ago.

Hopefully what I was told about a Late File provision for the Canada Pension is true.

I just don't know how much longer I can keep my internet connection going. I have a god awful connection setup here, it's only 28K dialup and it's almost $30 damn bucks a month.

I apperciate all the comments and I hope what little bit I did helped you enjoy the game a little bit more.

As it stands at the moment I may be around for a little while more, or not.

Things are sorta in a state of here today, but likely gone forever the next day.

At least I said my good-bye here in this thread.