EB Games.....numbskulls?

I just got an e-mail from a buddy in Moline IL who went to the local EB there last night and found CMBB in the "used game bin". He already has CMBO and CMBB but could not pass up purchasing it for 1.99!!!!!!!!! with the manual!!! Just goes to show that EB Games only hires "NUMBSKULLS".....but who was the "NUMBSCULL" that traded it in?????? Oh well..kinda like winning the lottery I guess! :rolleyes:

I'll admit I will go into their stores(EB) sometimes to see whats new, but I like to puchase my software from Best Buy to save some money...or "Chips And Bits" to get those obscure wargames. I'll have to stop by more often now to check out the used games just to see if there are some "treasures" besides all the games that have Orc's with flamming balls shooting out of their butts and unfinished messes like "GI Combat"( a slap in the face to any serious wargamer)! :D

Originally posted by Panzertruppe:

I just got an e-mail from a buddy in Moline IL who went to the local EB there last night and found CMBB in the "used game bin". He already has CMBO and CMBB but could not pass up purchasing it for 1.99!!!!!!!!! with the manual!!! Just goes to show that EB Games only hires "NUMBSKULLS".....but who was the "NUMBSCULL" that traded it in?????? Oh well..kinda like winning the lottery I guess! :rolleyes:

Two things-

First, who was the "NUMBSKULL" on our side who actually sold back their copy of CMBB. Would the guilty party step forward so that they can be drawn and quartered.

Second, and on the lines of the clueslessness of the retail gaming industry. Go into your local store and spend a couple minutes looking around. Then, ask the clerk if they have any copies of CM (BO or BB). They will help you look and then check the computer. From there I have received all sorts of comments- including "we will be getting it with our next shipment." You can even take it a step further, and when they claim never to have heard of the game pull out the displayed issue of a gaming mag showing it as the "strategy game of the year"- then they really get confused.

Originally posted by Zitadelle:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Panzertruppe:

Two things-

First, who was the "NUMBSKULL" on our side who actually sold back their copy of CMBB. Would the guilty party step forward so that they can be drawn and quartered.

Second, and on the lines of the clueslessness of the retail gaming industry. Go into your local store and spend a couple minutes looking around. Then, ask the clerk if they have any copies of CM (BO or BB). They will help you look and then check the computer. From there I have received all sorts of comments- including "we will be getting it with our next shipment." You can even take it a step further, and when they claim never to have heard of the game pull out the displayed issue of a gaming mag showing it as the "strategy game of the year"- then they really get confused. </font>

To all you self-styled Mod Maker Picasso's: I think we've been held waiting long enough. Get those goat monster mods out. I want the grey one first, and then the tri-colour one. Dusty, clean, I don't care- just get the lead out...I can live without the flaming Orc butts if I have to, at least for now.

Zitadelle,

Second, and on the lines of the clueslessness of the retail gaming industry. Go into your local store and spend a couple minutes looking around. Then, ask the clerk if they have any copies of CM (BO or BB). They will help you look and then check the computer. From there I have received all sorts of comments- including "we will be getting it with our next shipment." You can even take it a step further, and when they claim never to have heard of the game pull out the displayed issue of a gaming mag showing it as the "strategy game of the year"- then they really get confused.

LOL. Thats hilarious, i think i might go do this to my local EB store. :D:D

I hardly ever see any of the " Top 10 " pc wargames in the stores in Canada. Wargames obviously don't have the appeal that first person shooters, etc. do. I bought CMBO last summer completely on a lark. I read the box, checked out the reviews then bought it.

It's a pain in the *ss too: not being able to find some of these games here in Toronto. I really don't want to buy them from Chips & Bits, etc. if I can avoid it as the exchange rate is so bad.

Hey , whoo are you caling a numskul? I plaid this gam for ages and its C"$%. The levels are al the sam, and I cant finish any of them wher's the end of level bos? I think i saw on of them, it was callesd kvii or some think. How do yuo say that? And how do i power up. I see Tigers on som levels, but i cannot get my infantry to get in. What key do you press? ;)

Gee will have to go to the local EB and see if anyone turned one in. At that price I'd get a second copy to loan to people.

Of course I only know of one other person here in Monroe, MI that plays and I know he isn't turning in his copy either.

Hello all. I used to work for GAME UK, which is part of EB games group..EB bought GAME out in the UK. And yes they are clueless. I was a gamer first and foremost and that is why I joined the company thinking I would be working alongside like minded individuals. Boy was I wrong. Not a clue about anything other than console latest releases and then it was what the reps and soft-co's told them to say and the top 10 charts are paid for by the companies themselves..Here's £50,000 put our latest orc-bash at number one in your chart. Sad, and to top it off the staff regularly took the piss out of the customers cos they actually cared about the software and what developments were in the pipeline..patches and so on. Needless to say I did not stay long in such a hypocritical environment.

Not to stick up for some of the people that work at my local EB store(The day Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell was released for the PC the clerk said it wasn't supposed to be released until 2004. I came in 4 hours later and bought a copy from the same clerk of the "2004 release") but some of them are avid gamers. And though I would agree most are console whores(grin) some are quite knowledgeable on the wargames front. I actually talked with an employee who knew what CMBO and CMBB were and we arranged a PBEM. But maybe this was just an isolated event! tongue.gif

It is actually frowned upon in Britain as far as I am aware to break a "street-date" like that. We were not allowed to sell software before the actual date set by the software companies, if we did we would be fired on the spot, that is the power the soft-co's have over GAME. I guess it is the difference in attitude toward customer service from area to area that determines the abilities of the staff to discuss products and be knowledgable about them. This one shop in question had a bad attitude towards paying customers. Not all staff are lazy or uncaring, just seemed like this store had a bad crew.