Hitler vs. Stalin

Which side do you prefer to play as, and why?
Neither of those guys ever commanded on a WW2 battlefield. I play as someone else entirely.

Also, just wondering: in a fight, who would win, Hitler or Stalin?
Stalin--he has the wide-shouldered, low-to-the-ground mass of a true wrestler, while Hitler's float-like-a-butterfly posturing would only trip him up eventually.

I'd pay to see it, though.

Originally posted by Martyr:

Stalin--he has the wide-shouldered, low-to-the-ground mass of a true wrestler, while Hitler's float-like-a-butterfly posturing would only trip him up eventually.

But Stalin had that useless withered arm, so unless he had learned whip it about like a stegosaurus tail, he would have been pretty pathetic in a fist fight.

Originally posted by tecumseh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Martyr:

But Stalin had that useless withered arm, so unless he had learned whip it about like a stegosaurus tail, he would have been pretty pathetic in a fist fight. </font>

I'm reminded of the current debate on the T72 game forum about the ethics of playing Serbs during the Balkans war.

I want to remind 'em "Hey dudes, in CM you can currently send a bunch of SS flamethrower units into a village and burn the place to the ground out of spite!" Like I said to a newbie recently, in CM you're not playing a particular person, you're playing the situation. Sometimes the situation is "What woud happen if two stomach-turning monsters gained political power and waged war on each other."

Nah, my money's on Chuikov. See, out of the camera are his hands, which are almost leprous because Chuikov had really evil exzcema (spelling?) for the entire war. Something to do with nerves. He had some kind of goop he smeared on them, and he would wrap them in bandages, but for practical purposes in a fistfight Chuikov would have been armed with chemical weapons. :eek:

Originally posted by Kanonier Reichmann:

My moneys on Eraserhead to win that fight. He has that crazy assed look in his eyes as if he's a maniacal born again Christain while his hair has a bigger intimidation factor, more than outweighing Chuikovs chest baubles.

Regards

Jim R.

But Chuikov would bring 62nd Army, while Eraserhead would bring David Lynch.

Case closed.

Well, much as I hate to interrupt the free-flow of humour...

Actually, Polish General, I suspect I'm unusual in that I tend to evenly alternate between playing the Russians and the Germans.

(My bias is towards playing the ‘under-dog’, depending on time-period).

I’m curious as to how unusual that is. Or isn’t.