So, what have you NOT been doing with CMBB?

Here's the premise behind my question.

You've ordered the game; You're excited about all the cool stuff that's going to be available on the Eastern Front, and you can think of a dozen things you want to try. Fast forward XX months and you think to yourself "Hey, I was going to try out __(fill in vehicle/tactic here)__ but I've hardly got around to doing it!

So what have you been NEGLECTING in the game?

Me, I was all excited about the prospects of Brumbars in city fighting, and commanding Brumbar-Ferdinand tag-team units in late '43, as used by the 653rd. In retrospect I can't say I've exactly over-utilized those scenario options.

[ June 05, 2003, 02:55 PM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]

Originally posted by MikeyD:

Me, I was all excited about the prospects of Brumbars in city fighting, and commanding Brumbar-Ferdinand tag-team units in late '43, as used by the 653rd. In retrospect I can't say I've exactly over-utilized those scenario options.

Oh, I certainly have. Just ask either Seanachai or Nidan.

I promised myself to make superb scenarios on operation Donnerschlag, Prochorowka, Charkow 1942/43, Werchne Kumski and lots of other interesing subjects, but somehow I do not have the discipline to finish any of them. I just started a thread on what kind of other games people here play and one of the reasons for that is that I realize that I have to concentrate more on the superb games like Combat Mission and FINISH for a change a scenario project. It is now summer in the Netherlands, but I promised myself (for the umpteenth time) to start working on it in the autumn and make a good scenario. I've played quite a lot of scenarios now and I know that making a balanced, interesting scenario is very, very difficult.

Early Stugs or late Stug? Just want to have the proper mental picture :D

Ooooh, scenarios design is a big one! Where are all my custom-made historically accurate scenarios??!! I should be ashamed... not as ashamed as oneirogen should be, but ashamed.

[ June 05, 2003, 03:51 PM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]

So far I haven't :

</font>

• Tried out the incendiary capabilities of a horde of ampulomets in town fighting</font>
  • Thoroughly tested any of the German übertanks (Ferdinand, King Tiger, Brummbär)</font>
  • Used lend-lease materiel very much</font>
  • Finished a single scenario with Italians (although I did start one)</font>

Originally posted by Sgt_Kelly:

So far I haven't :

</font>

• Tried out the incendiary capabilities of a horde of ampulomets in town fighting</font>
  • Thoroughly tested any of the German übertanks (Ferdinand, King Tiger, Brummbär)</font>
  • Used lend-lease materiel very much</font>
  • Finished a single scenario with Italians (although I did start one)</font>

Ditto! :eek:

Well, to be more accurate, I haven't tried the ampulomets. On the other hand, one of my gamey opponents has no problem with them.

:rolleyes: :mad: :mad:

> A word of encouragement: After playing with those darned 2 man turret T-34-76s, 75mm gun Shermans with their 3 man turrets and smoke shells will REALLY feel like they're worth the extra points! Give 'em a try.

The Sherman 75 has better AT punch than the T-34/76 as well. Can't beat that with a stick.

Shermans? One day soon will finish a historical battle with a whole brigade of Shermans at the Prut River against Romanian 18th Mountain/Infantry Division. Just need to tweak a few more details... Love those Shermans, they still light up like a Roson lighter. :eek: