The other UK tournament - NOWT special !

OK here goes .......

The North Of Watford Team - Special Tournament

(NOWT Special) is about to start.

This is a FUN, UK only (yeah I'll even include Wales ;) ) Tournament.

It is going to be run along very similar lines to Rex_bellators SEPTIC Cup ... in other words .. simple and fun ... Very few rules, as for realism, well if its allowed in the game then its allowed in the tournament ... yeah gamey, but like I said the object is CMBB FUN !

I need a total of 16 players ... and I've just grabbed the first slot smile.gif So the next 15 who are interested are in. If you are currently in the SEPTIC Cup you wont be offered a place (this time)so more players can get a game.

The tournament will run as a knockout but with an added team play element ....

There will be four teams (Blue/Yellow/Red/Green) and points gained by each player at the end of a

game will be added up and go towards a team total. Only points gained during Round 1 / Quarter finals and the Runners-up round will go towards the team score. This avoids any 'firendly fire'.

The tournament will consist of 16 players, 8 games in the first round. The winners of the first round

will go on to the quarter finals and continue on the knockout tournament.

The runners-up will play a second game to gain additional team points.

One (or both) players should forward the end game points to me (Lou2000) these will be added to the teams total points. This way every player will get at least 2 full PBEM games

The player with the most points in the next round will get to choose his side (Axis/Allied) and do the setup.

If you are interested then let me know and I'll get the start games organised.

And what is the point of all this ?? Well if you win you can say you have truly achieved NOWT SPECIAL !

More details on how the Tournament will be sent out to those intersted ! If there are enough.

But for a quick idea of how it will work look here ... NOWT Special

(no appologies for how that page looks - its just a straight html from a word doc )

Lou2000

[ February 22, 2003, 11:25 AM: Message edited by: Lou2000 ]

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being an ex-Midlander (Staffs) I'll give it a whirl. Same gentleman's rules ? ;) I'll even volunteer a prize of some sorts (book on AFVs/Eastern Front - not sure what yet.)

Bloody hell, did I just say that? Need to go and lie down :eek:

[ February 22, 2003, 10:02 AM: Message edited by: Apache ]

OK folks we are getting a few people interested...

Apache - You are in ... thanks for the offer of a prize, If you change yr mind once your lunch time beers wear off, we'll all understand :D

Wesreidau & Athkatla - Also in smile.gif

Firefly - well I suppose we had better have a token southerner ;)

Actually im not bothered about location that much .. It'll just be good to get enough players to run this thing ! So feel free to join and 'feel the fury of the Northmen'

I have had a couple of other people contact me via email ... both of intersted and in ... actually one is joining the forum just to enter... Welcome onboard !

So far I think we have 6 confirmed and 1 or 2 maybe's.

I will be in touch with everybody as we get nearer the start ... until then I have tidied up that abomination of a webpage .... apologies for that, it was early and the caffine hadnt kicked in redface.gif !

This page is a bit tidier .... (but still just an MSoffice 'save as html'). There is also a proposed PBEM setup, taken mainly from that used by the SEPTIC Cup players. But hopefully its all a little clearer.

If anybody has any suggestions / comments for change to this let me know and we can sort it out before the games start....

NOWT Special (updated)

Hopefully we'll get a few more onboard soon.

Lou2000

Mr Byte .... You are in and that makes 9.

Wicky .... The best I can do is offer a standby place. I did start this tourney for those who couldnt get a place in the SEPTIC Cup - and I have already had to say the same to Holien.

I actually have nothing against people playing in both tourneys ... and I am prepared to say that if we dont get the players both you and Holien could be invited to join ...... Nothing personal, just trying to make sure as many UK players get a chance to enter ..... hope you understand. smile.gif

Let me know if you want to be on standby !

We need 7 more players and then we are on our way !

Lou2000

Gents,

So far we have 9 players and an additional 1 (maybe 2) who are are already in the SEPTIC cup and have expressed an interest for standby places.

I have put a msg out on the opponent finder forum and emailed a couple of people direct who had expressed and interest when I first mentioned in on the SPETIC Cup forum

Hopefully we'll get a few more sign up today and we can make a start.....

Names so far (in no particular order)

=====================

Apache

Wesreidau

firefly

Lou2000

Mr kain (new forum member - Welcome)

Mark Gallear

Athkatla (Our current PBEM is nearing conclusion)

SteveS

Mr Byte

======================

Wicky (Standby)

If anybody has changed their mind or thinks they wont be able to see out the full tourney let me know. Also is you know of anybody else who may be interested ... give them a nudge in this direction !

Lou2000

Originally posted by Gary Barr:

Ulsterman interested in entering your little fray

just to give you 'mainlanders' what for etc smile.gif

Salutations

Welcome Gary - yr in.

We now have the English (North, Mids & South), Welsh and the Irish .....( I'm sure I once heard a joke that started like that ... :D )

Come on Scotland dont be shy ! 5 Places left.

NOWT Special !

Lou2000

[ February 23, 2003, 07:24 AM: Message edited by: Lou2000 ]

Originally posted by Justin5471:

I used to live in Wales, does that count? ;)

If so, count me in, I can't be left out of the UK business.

And Justin makes 12..........(another southerner :rolleyes: )

I may change the name as the North of Watford tag is meaningless .... Maybe The Warburtons Tourney - wholesome with NOWT taken out !

4 slots available

Lou2000

Originally posted by CSM Hollis:

Sounds like a great idea, please count me in. I guess I qualify as a Teesider who's moved 'down south' to Leeds. Is there plans for the winners of this & SEPTIC to have a North/South showdown?

CSM Hollis - - Yr in .....and that makes 14

2 places left !

As for the NOWT / SPETIC playoffs ... thats something we can look at later if the winners of each tourney want it ... I did suggest it in the SEPTIC's thread, but it may not be a North Vs South playoff ... we have a few from 'below' Watford playing and they have at least 1 from the midlands.

As long as we get the numbers .................who cares smile.gif

Lou2000