**PzIII Mod Extravaganza! EIGHT Total Redo Mods!**

See what happens when I'm kept inside by a blizzard?

• PzIII L yellow (reposted)

• PzIII L dirty camou mod

• PzIII J (short) mods - both early and late types (2 mods)

• PzIII J (long) mods - both early and late types (2 mods)

• PzIII J Captured Soviet tank

• PzIII/PzIV tracks pack!

At our favorite site:

www.cmmods.com

About the mods:

- The new track set (clean/muddy/snowy) makes a BIG different to the look of all the PzIIIs and IVs in the game.

- I bundled four yellow PzIII J mods into two downloads to save work.

- The yellow PzIII L is a reposting of a mod I had pulled from cmmods.com last month due to Zipit problems.. I've added a second 'dirty camou' PzIII L to give you a choice.

- To match dramatic reference photos I stripped the forward fenders off the Soviet Captured PzIII, making for pretty extreme looking mod. Check it out!

All are 'total redo' mods with accurate cupola and improved suspension. All are both CMBB and CMAK (Italian Theater) compatible, except for the Soviet PzIII and the PzIII J (early, short). Happily CMAK has no matching numbers for these so you can't accidentially overwrite anything.

If you have trouble unzipping these mods report it here. I'm using a new piece of freeware that 'should' cause no problems.

Here's some cmmods.com screenshots:

PzIII J (long) Pack

PzIII J (short) Pack

PzIII / PzIV Track Pack

Soviet Captured PzIII

Dirty Camou PzIII L

Yellow Pz III L with unit markings

Same style tracks?

I already have old track mods for T34s (listed under Soviet/Armor/T-34) and KV/IS heavies (listed under All/Other), and in CMAK I have generic light tank tracks in the patterns for Matildas, Valentines, or Czech-chassis vehicles (listed under All/Other).

Her's some more cmmods.com screenshots for yah:

Heavy Tank Tracks Pack

CMAK Valentine Tracks Pack

T34 Waffle Pattern Tracks Pack

I haven't done a full inventory, but PzIIIs, PzIVs, and Stugs share the same track bmps. Maybe Pz38T chassis vehicles too, and some of the obscure Hungarian stuff. Panthers have their own Panther tracks, Tigers have Tiger tracks, and light tanks (PzIIs and Russian light tanks) share a common light tank track set.

Originally posted by MikeyD:

Same style tracks?

I already have old track mods for T34s (listed under Soviet/Armor/T-34) and KV/IS heavies (listed under All/Other), and in CMAK I have generic light tank tracks in the patterns for Matildas, Valentines, or Czech-chassis vehicles (listed under All/Other).

Thank you again. I have downloaded all of them. Go on Mikey, we need you.

Mikey,

These are f....g Great! :D Look even better on map.

There seems to be a PzIII that hasn't been updated yet. :rolleyes: Don't blame me you started it! tongue.gif

How about the lowly PzIIIN (not the late one)?

Sure would look better if it was up to snuff with the others, IMHO. (I think that was the first time I got to use that anachronym - or however you spell it - I'm thrilled).

May the weather always suck where you live. ;)

DavidI

PS. That's the stuff Junk! :D

What a great mod release this is, awesome work as usual. Thanks MikeyD, you da man.

Got a question for you though. Have you ever considered doing any of the big cats, Tigers or Panthers? I know it's true, there's already some very decent mods for them already and i know you've been asked before. It's just that you do a helluva job with everything you decide to mod. With your talent, id love to see you tackle the big cats. You know, for all those big cat lovers(like me) out there. ;)

Thanks again Mike.

I had a problem though. I just downloaded your PzIII J (short) mod pack and all I got was an XtraStuff.mac folder which turned out to be empty . :( I'm using Windows. Is there a way for me to get this great mod (and add it to the collection)?

Disregard this. I used the "Open compressed folders" selection & got them out that way. smile.gif

[ January 25, 2005, 04:01 AM: Message edited by: Rob Murray ]

Hi Mike

Is there a reason why you didn't include an option to have the Russian captured PzIII without the missing parts, could you repost that package with that option. Also is there a reason why you will not post Russian AFV's in a brown base coat, having a mixture of green and brown base colors in the scope of CM just doesn't seem very realistic to me.

Is there anyway that you will post your Russian armor in a brown base color also.

Would you ever think of giving the PzIV's a reworking, because they look even worse now, next to these reworked PzIII's. smile.gif

Anyway thanks for all you've done. :D

"Is there a reason why you didn't include an option to have the Russian captured PzIII without the missing parts(?)"

Artistic license ;) . Actually, the side, front, and top had to be altered to knock out the fenders. Plain-jane alts would've upped the size of the download with little benefit. A captured PzIII mod isn't exactly the same as a Panther. I doesn't show up all that often so I figured this one I could afford to do to my own tastes. I don't believe I had even fought with a captured PzIII until after I had modded it!

PzIVs? Panthers? Brown Russian tanks? Hey guys, there's 5,000+ bmps files in CMBB and only so many hours in the day! Doesn't anybody else have a copy of Adobe Photoshop? :confused: ;)

What many people don't realize is that you can do layers in old-fashioned out of the box Paint. It's a bit cumbersome and requires some advance planning, but as long as you don't need a transparency effect it will work. Just make everything white transparent, use bmp's that are the same size as your target, and only paint the area in the layer that you want to show. If you have a tank and want to show the paint wearing off at one point, just paint on what is underneath the paint that's showing through, and nothing else. When you copy/paste that on to your target (keeping the white area transparent) it will look like you've scrapped off paint, when in reality you've painted on whatever is underneath.

I've been an advocate of 'virtual modeling' practically since day one. To my mind 1 game CD = 300 'virtual tank models' to play with! But it seems those hobbyists who are willing to expend absurd amounts of time, research, and money on a resin kit just haven't acquired the same dedication for 3-D art.

The switch-over from solvents to pixels has been slower than I expected. Even with me, as much work that I put into those PzIII mods, it isn't half the labor as I put into that scratch-built AEC armored car I built fifteen years ago!

I'm more than happy with the results of your efforts. Your mods almost always come with interesting, well researched readme files. I have to admit that I "plagarize" them when I CMMOS one of them. They're better than anything I could come up with!

Of all the mods (no insult meant to anyone) posted by people here, yours are the most historically accurate. Your encyclopedic knowledge of armor is (to me) amazing.

Please keep on modding. You're one of the people who makes these games really worth playing.