I'm very angry!!!!!!!!

(Sorry for not searching the forum but it slows the dowloading of the megabig patch even more and it takes ages for it to pick up the *so called* speed again)

+CDV (I did try to get the US-version but that was a no-no)

+censorship

+big 65mb patch AND extremly slow download speeds (0.8-1.5 at best!!) and it seems to be BIG problems with *continuing* dowloading at a later time... This is my third (3rd) attempt....

+I only have a 56k modem and in best case scenario 10-20 hours of dowloading... (more if its a FxxK-UP somewhere...)

+then there is another big 26mb patch...

=It's gonna be a very expensive and troublesome AND disapointing game for me.

Please anyone. Is there any alternative links for dowloading the CDV-patches, especially the 68mb one???

/not my fault I live in europa :rolleyes:

[ April 11, 2003, 08:10 PM: Message edited by: MjoLniR ]

I might be mistaken but I thought that CDV is actually mailing out patches on CDV on request. Have you tried to contact them? In any case, 65 MB and 26 MB? Hmm, are you sure? I seem to recall only one large patch. Is it possible that one is a multi-language patch, and the other language specific or something? I could be wrong, though...

Martin

Originally posted by Moon:

I might be mistaken but I thought that CDV is actually mailing out patches on CDV on request. Have you tried to contact them? In any case, 65 MB and 26 MB? Hmm, are you sure? I seem to recall only one large patch. Is it possible that one is a multi-language patch, and the other language specific or something? I could be wrong, though...

Martin

They do? If true they send out disks things are really much better smile.gif I will have to try that, especially since I left the PC alone for a while to continue downloading... Well when I came back some time later, the download seems to have restarted from zero!! :mad: :(

I could be wrong... but dont you need first the big 65-68mb (v1.01) patch, and then the 26mb (v1.02) one?? The downloadpage (linked from Battlefront) is in german and unfortunatly I'm not very good at german... a little bit confused

Thanks anyway! smile.gifsmile.gif

/Not so angry now, but very hungry

Well first you better make sure you really need the 1.01 patch by checking the version number of your game in the main menu. I seem to recall (wrongly perhaps) I had 1.01 from the start.

Your download rate is very poor, considering your in Sweden and the CDV site is German. Normally Kazaa it slower then a straight download. but have you checked Kazaa for a patch? Atleast the download can be continued at a latr date. Saves a lot on hassle (and money?)with ordering a CDROM from CDV. I'll have 1.02 up, and I'll get 1.01 up on kazaa if you need it. If another Swede or fellow Scandinavian can try putting their patches up as well, you'll even get a better DL rate.

Good luck.

Originally posted by Moon:

Martin

Just checked the CDV-website (german language). Patch 1.01 is 68mb huge, since they packed all languages in one patch, the possibility to download only one language(smaller download) or to request the patches on CD isn't mentioned anywhere.

Another problem is, that the patch is not on a CDV server but on a site called http://gamesweb.com/pc/downloads/patches/detail.php?item_id=29252 . There are no alternative servers for patch 1.01. I can't confirm that this site has no resume function but it sure was difficult to download with a 56k modem.

The 1.02 patch is 26mb big, not on a CDV server neither but has some alternative download locations http://gamesweb.com/pc/downloads/patches/detail.php?item_id=31315 .

It would be great if BFC could at least host the 1.01 CDV patch on their website (with a resume option). It was already annoying to download a 68mb patch on a 56k modem but downloading it for 3 hours, losing the connection and then not being able to resume the download seriously threatened my health :mad: . So hosting it on the BFC website could save lifes ;) .

[ April 11, 2003, 09:25 PM: Message edited by: moneymaxx ]

Originally posted by MjoLniR:

(Sorry for not searching the forum but it slows the dowloading of the megabig patch even more and it takes ages for it to pick up the *so called* speed again)

+CDV (I did try to get the US-version but that was a no-no)

+censorship

+big 65mb patch AND extremly slow download speeds (0.8-1.5 at best!!) and it seems to be BIG problems with *continuing* dowloading at a later time... This is my third (3rd) attempt....

+I only have a 56k modem and in best case scenario 10-20 hours of dowloading... (more if its a FxxK-UP somewhere...)

+then there is another big 26mb patch...

=It's gonna be a very expensive and troublesome AND disapointing game for me.

Please anyone. Is there any alternative links for dowloading the CDV-patches, especially the 68mb one???

/not my fault I live in europa :rolleyes:

Try reading the FAQ. That should answer your most obvious questions.

You forgot to complain about the CDV copy protection which violates your right for a private backup that your gouvernment grants you.

To tip it off, if you are in Germany, you pay a special tax on CD-Burners these days that compensate for the private copy allowance for music CDs but the same companies getting this money put copy protection on the disks smile.gif

Originally posted by tracer:

God bless the U.S.A. and that was a good one Noobie, got one hell of a laugh off that post, like the pics

Yes, God Bless it! And also England and Australia. France, Germany, and Russia need to get their heads out of their butts and join the good guys!

Snowbart

Well, after hours of searching the forum and the internet, I found a good link to a site with a friendly way to download patches via. (Patches scrolls something...)

Download is still rather slow at 3.5k/sec, but I think I will give it a try anyway. So nobody has to send me any CD now smile.gif Thanks anyway! smile.gif

Ahhh... only 60% to go now... :rolleyes: *Soon* me to can burst through enemy lines... :D