CMAK scenarios you want.

The battle around Maleme airfield culminating in a bayonet charge led by the 28th(Maori)Battalion.

And the demise of 4th NZ Infantry Brigade on Ruweisat Ridge when the promised British armour was a no show.

Ironically the remnants of the Brigade were formed into the 4th NZ Armoured Brigade at the Divisional Commanders(Tiny Freyberg) behest.Thus solving the problem of new Zealand soldiers having to rely on other peoples armour.

Originally posted by Midnight Warrior:

I'd like to see scenario conversions of the the old AH game, Tobruk. That was a great game but was time consuming to play in that it pushed the limits of boardgaming to the limits.

I've done one of the Italian tanks v. Matildas (Queen of Battle or somefink -- one of the smaller battles at the back of the manual) for CMBB.

It is quite impossible for the Italians to win.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by ropey:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

A true Ortona campaign.

Ugh - city battles aren't handled too well in my opinion. All the buildings would be flat within an hour or two... Cassino sucks as a battle for the same reason. </font>

Originally posted by Midnight Warrior:

I'd like to see scenario conversions of the the old AH game, Tobruk. That was a great game but was time consuming to play in that it pushed the limits of boardgaming to the limits.

Also, the battle of San Pietro. There is a CMBO scenario of this but an update with the new game features (like bigger hills) would be nice.

I agree

I hope BTS has a hard copy of that old board game.

I still have mine and the manual and additional information was very rich and interesting to read.

That game was easy to learn even for kids new to wargaming because each scenario was a form or tutorial starting with dead simple rules and prinicples and getting more challeging and complex with each new scenario.

My box has a copyright of 1975 on it.

there were nine scenarios some with infantry only, some with armour only and some with both and arty too. IIRC there was not CAS or aircraft of any kind in the game.

the scale of the map was one 75 m for one 6 sided 6

time scale:

each turn of combat was 30 secs

that is interesting because it lists the 37mm Stuart with a rate of fire as 6 rounds in 30 SECS once the target has been aquired :eek:

WOW the 88mm german Flak 36 gun with a crew of 11 men had a rate of fire of 15 rounds per minute its says here!

in the manual they claim they used (in 1975) a computer program called IMPACT to determine armour penetration results and then make them into the tables you see in the game. BUT they don't talk about what IMPACT is at all

Maybe BTS can get a copy off e-bay (or not)

it could be handy :confused:

the bibliography in the manual is quite extensive.

-tom w

[ May 04, 2003, 10:07 PM: Message edited by: aka_tom_w ]

Well, are we going to have gliders and paradrops in the game? Without these, how can you recreate the Crete assault? Corinth Canal? Gavin in Sicly? Then how about assault landing craft--the real ones(LCVP's, LCA's, etc.) and not those transparent bath tubs we use to cross rivers. Motorcycles, sidecars, cavalry? In order for a scenario designer to invent unique, interesting scenarios we will first need more tools to work with, correct? Get these in the game and a whole new field of scenarios become possible.

CMBB has shown how little excitement is provided by watching green Russians try to cross open ground. All my squads do is spin around in circles like a cockroach when the light is turned on. What do you think is going to happen in the desert? Where will squads crawl towards? Cactus? CMAK MUST provide that which has been missing from this terrific CM system. Sun blindness? Heat haze? I know that dust will be included--now we can have some VERY DUSTY mods :D

Modders can go crazy with all of the different uniforms worn in this theater. Have you seen photos of the French Goumiers? Pretty cool looking with their long swords (like the Ghurkas, only without the dramatic "head-lopping curve).

Speaking of the French, can we have Vichy French fighting Free French? It happened, can we recreate this?

Then there are the colonial troops. Are these going to be "soldiers of color"? Many of the Libyans and Eritreans/Somailians went into the battle with flimsy sandals, most had no helmets. I don't want to see "white" Ghurkas, Goumiers, Libyans, et al.

Finally(!)how will CMAK portray mountains? Mountains, NOT hills. If you want better scenarios, give us better tools.

Mountains and cliffs would be cool.

there should be a terrain tile for "Cliff Face"

(largely exposed rock, or striated sand)

and a terrain tile for Rocky mountian terrain

as well as BEACH tiles of course.

and yes some aphibious landing craft really ought to be provided I would hope.

Given what they did to the same engine for CMBB from CMBO the leap to CMAK with all these cool new features does not seem impossible. smile.gif

Here's hopeing :D

-tom w

[ May 05, 2003, 08:02 AM: Message edited by: aka_tom_w ]

Originally posted by Kanonier Reichmann:

I can tell you right now however, if the Aussie's aren't portrayed as being veteran or better with high fanaticism I'll get really ****ty!

Regards

Jim R.

Jim,

You can always design your own scenarios, making all the Aussie's elite fanatics. Sort of the uberfinns of the desert.... :D:D