I'm a Peng Challenge Believer and a Mormon Homecoming Queen

Originally posted by Jim Boggs:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Noba:

As you have the talent for NOT sending turns.... Wassamatter, read your own tea-leaves and seen that your in fer a-whuppin' ??? Pillock.

Noba.

Noba, Noba, Noba

*sighs*

Check your in-box. I know this is complicated so I'll try to help. The file is zipped. That means you will have to unzip it.

Okay? </font>

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

You're going to help Noba unzip?

Ewwwwwwwww.

Steve

My good MrsPkr

I realize that to an Okie these high-tech words and phrases can be confusing. Please try to remember that not everything in the world revolves around sexual innuendo.

The fact that my system is always up as opposed to yours, in which any success at getting it up would result in wild celebration, should not cause you to misinterpret or misconstrue the true meaning of today's modern techno-speak.

When I say "Get a Grip", try to take it in the proper context.

Originally posted by Boo_Radley

Noba is unfamiliar with zippers. In that he's much like the Amish, but more technologically backwards. He thinks the wheel is "magic".
I wouldn't talk Booster_ I hear you have trouble with the instruction manual that comes with velcro . BTW, have you parked any armor in IMPASSABLE TERRAIN lately? oops.....

[ April 30, 2003, 09:34 AM: Message edited by: Nidan1 ]

Originally posted by Nidan1:

Originally posted by Boo_Radley

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> Noba is unfamiliar with zippers. In that he's much like the Amish, but more technologically backwards. He thinks the wheel is "magic".

I wouldn't talk Booster_ I hear you have trouble with the instruction manual that comes with velcro . BTW, have you parked any armor in IMPASSABLE TERRAIN lately? oops..... </font>

Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

(Edited to say, 6 posts in the last twelve hours and three of them are mine. Do you guys think you could perhaps start picking up the slack? I mean, if you can get your thumbs out of your hinders long enough. Useless, fecking sods...)

I'd challenge someone, but I think I already have a game going with everyone whose currently posting.

Wait a minute...Nidan! We finished that last battle, or will, once you send the ceasefire turn. Time for another!

Liliputious pillock! Got yerself kaniggeted when I wasn't looking, didja? Who the hell let that slip by, I mean even a pit of manure has to have standards. I call you kaniggethood, manhood, boyhood, and humanhood into question! Defend it by sending me a setup! Along with that ceasefire turn...

And Boo! Quit spamming me (okay, it was pretty funny), and take yer feckin turn.

hmmm...hmm...hmm If Boo only had a brain...hmm...hmm...and AussieJeff had the nerve...hmm...tiddily pom, tiddily pom...

Roight, then.

I imagine the more intelligent among you have been wondering where I've been. That being those of you not wandering around with your zipper open, your right hand thrust down the top of your pants and out through the front, groping around, and mumbling to yourselves "Ohmigod, where did it go?!"

Lord. Talk about 'phoning it in'. I've read the current Thread, and the computer generated outgoing message of a voicemail system is more entertaining than you lot.

Except Leeo, of course, who's an idjit, but he's a righteous idjit, and at least recognizes that only a roundworm infestation is less amusing than most of the recent posts.

But that's not what I came to talk to you about.

No. You see, I've been rather busy. Oh, not with any kind of employment, of course. I'd heard the 'Economic Recovery' will take place in Iraq, and I'd been looking into brushing up on my Arabic, when the most extraordinary thing occured the other day.

I'd had a day-labor stint at an office downtown, and was wandering up the Nicollet Mall (main drag through the Minneapolis Financial/Retail District), looking for a liquor store, when I saw a strange figure moving towards me. He was tall, thin, and extremely disturbed, talking to himself and making extravagant hand gestures.

'Ah', I thought to myself, 'crazy person'. On a lark, moved by forces that I do not pretend to understand, I moved directly into his path, looked up at him, and shouted "Evil red suits! We are not Bahai!"

He stopped, glowered down at me, and said "What?"

I again shouted "Evil red suits! We are not Bahai!"

He stared at me for what must have been at least two minutes, then slowly nodded.

"Straight and tall, or not at all," he said to me.

Half expecting to be jumped and pummeled, and having to call my family from HCMC, I nodded back, and said to him "Wombat. Commission the Patricians. Alcatraz, Alcatraz!"

He smiled. And walked on.

I headed towards Witt's Liquor, and began to laugh. You constantly encounter these guys in the downtown. It made me realize how much better off I was, despite being only sporadically employed. And I decided to take the bus downtown the next day, and wander around. I was really amused by my encounter with the street crazy.

I decided to check out the scene. But, as Nietzsche might have said: 'When you check out the scene, the scene also checks out you."

Tomorrow: Seanachai Hits the Street

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Noba:

As you have the talent for NOT sending turns.... Wassamatter, read your own tea-leaves and seen that your in fer a-whuppin' ??? Pillock.

Noba.

Noba, Noba, Noba

*sighs*

Check your in-box. I know this is complicated so I'll try to help. The file is zipped. That means you will have to unzip it.

Okay? </font>

Originally posted by Seanachai:

.......I was really amused by my encounter with the street crazy......
Interesting story Olde Drunken Bard, however this line struck me. Methinks, that perhaps what has happened to you is a revelation of self .

I propose that in the dimwitted recesses of your damaged mind, you have discovered what you are actually capable of . For some that can be a frightening experience, similar to a person who tortures small animals and then moves on to his first homicide. Seanachai I believe that you have discovered that you could easily become a "Crazy Person". Perhaps you have known it all along but until now were unable to confront it or verbalize it. That you shared this moment of self-growth with us is truly touching. Actually, those folks in here, I'm sure, have always known, that you could easily don an oilsoaked raincoat, woolcap, and an old pair of sneakers, and run amongst humanity, waving your arms and shouting nonesense.

It was only a matter of time really.

[ May 01, 2003, 06:40 AM: Message edited by: Nidan1 ]

Originally posted by Noba:

I get bounces from your AOL account, and that's where I get it from. So you wanna fix it, or sumfink ?

Cheapskate.

Noba.

Ah yes, the joys of AOL. My home AOL account is currently banned by BFC. From what I understand AOL uses duplicate IP addresses, so the BFC server thinks I am two people and I am banned. This limits my postings to 8-5 Monday-Friday from work.

I know this isn't as sad as Hortlands lovelife, but it does tend to keep me off the board at night. BUT...more time for PBEM!

If we cannot connect, I will try a new set-up and see if that works, okay?

In the meantime Cry me a River

Hey Boo looks like I got the whole thread to myself, so....hmmm...how bout some impressions!

Berli

You're all idiots. Especially Boggs. He's a real idiot. Wow! I like that, sounds good.

Boggs is an idiot

Boggs is an idiot

Hahahahahah!

Thank you, now for Aussie Jeff

Croiky, me bloomin arse is sore from sittin on it so long. Hey mate, how's about spottin a bloke some coin for a cold one? eh, mate? I reckon I'll have to resurrect my old unit the Dumbass brigade and attack Ohio again.

Thank you, now for Lenakonrad

Penquin, Penquin, Penquin, Penquin, Penquin

Thank you, now for Seanachai

I was ambling, as is my nature, down the street late at night when I encountered a derelict of unknown repute. I decided to play a trick on him to demonstrate my superior gnomish abilities.

"Hey there drunken sot, your inverse polarity is upsetting the Kharmatic Balance of the Universe.

Be gone and never sully this place again!"

The drunken sot, still reeking of alcohol and putrid body odor due to the lack of any attempt at personal hygiene responded "But I *burp* am the *hic* great Peng" With that the drunken bum collapsed into a pool of his own drool and lapping it up softly, quietly fell asleep.

That's all the time we for now, but unless there is some activity shortly, I shall have to start posting poetry or something.

(Running past Jimbo Boggs post, holding his hands beside his eyes like blinders...)

Well, let's just go on as if nothing happened.

I wanted to comment on Seanachai's little story and how it resembled something that happened to me years ago, the only difference being that my story actually happened in reality and not in some warped fever dream of the UberGnome's head.

That being said, come children, hunker down and listen to the tale of:

When Boo Radley Panhandled the Panhandler.

It was back in 1975, when I was a student at the Ohio Institute of Photography and Screen Door Repair. After entertaining guests until the wee hours of the morning, I fell into a fitful sleep among the tangled sheets of my pallet.

A few hours later, I was awakened by my alarm which, even in a drunken stupor, I still had remembered to set. Cracking one bloodshot eye, I noticed that I had 15 minutes to make it to my first final exam of the day.

With Ninja-like grace I flew into action, finding clothes that weren't too stained and "crunchy", slamming my feet into my Keds, grabbing my books and hurtling out the door and down the stairs of my 2nd floor apartment (down by the river).

I made it to class, at our school in downtown Dayton, almost right on time. It being a small school, rules were not set in stone. After borrowing some paper and a pen, I started the first test. Finishing an hour later, I went to my next class and took that test, finishing right around noon. I now had an hour for lunch until my next test. What to do? I had left in such a hurry, I had left my wallet, change, everything outside of my books back at the apartment. Guess I'll have to go try to do a B&E on my own place.

Trudging back home along the levee, I was accosted by one of Dayton's many homeless people (although in this less than politically correct year, we called them bums.)

"Heya, buddy, can you spare any change?"

Normally, I gave them whatever I could spare, but being a student, that wasn't very much. Today though, all I could give him was the story of my sad plight:

"I'd love to man, but I rushed out of the house so fast this morning, I left my wallet, change, cigarettes and keys in my bedroom. I haven't had a cup of coffee this morning and I had to take two final exams, now I'm going to have to break into my own apartment, because I haven't even had a cigarette all day."

He looked at me with genuine pity in his eyes, and without hesitation, reached into his pocket, withdrew a crumpled pack of cigarettes and said,

"Take a couple."

Edited to say that no names were changed to protect the innocent, cuz there weren't any. Innocents, that is.

[ May 01, 2003, 10:40 AM: Message edited by: Boo_Radley ]

Guest PondScum

<font size=-1>I'd had a day-labor stint at an office downtown, and was wandering up the Nicollet Mall (main drag through the Minneapolis Financial/Retail District), looking for a liquor store, when I saw a strange figure moving towards me. He was tall, thin, and extremely disturbed, talking to himself and making extravagant hand gestures.</font>

Dammit old man, I wish you wouldn't surprise me on the streets like that. Quite threw me off my rant, it did. Also, did you invite me out for a drink afterwards? And perhaps the chance of a little sing-song or two? You did NOT, sir. Where is your sense of pride? Or shame? Or hospitality? Pride or shame or hospitality, pick one, any would work. They can't have surgically removed ALL of them at birth, after all. You, sir, are a crazy-interrupting-SWINE of the first order.

PS Leave the "tiddily-pom" bits to Yeknod. Union rules, you know.

Guest konrad

... now for Lenakonrad

Penquin, Penquin, Penquin, Penquin, Penquin

penguin_power.gif

I'd had a day-labor stint at an office downtown, and was wandering up the Nicollet Mall (main drag through the Minneapolis Financial/Retail District), looking for a liquor store...

Hmm, things must be looking up for Seanachai.

In the Financial District looking for a liquor store, so he must have had money in his pocket.

In the Retail District too, so he must also be updating his wardrobe.

We can hope, anyway.

SSN Hint Of The Day: Tell people what you think they want to hear.

Now sod off.

Originally posted by Nidan1:

Seanachai I believe that you have discovered that you could easily become a "Crazy Person". Perhaps you have known it all along but until now were unable to confront it or verbalize it. That you shared this moment of self-growth with us is truly touching. Actually, those folks in here, I'm sure, have always known, that you could easily don an oilsoaked raincoat, woolcap, and an old pair of sneakers, and run amongst humanity, waving your arms and shouting nonesense.

It was only a matter of time really.

You are jumping ahead in the story, and you are not doing it well.

You see the outline of the greater truth, but your barely ticking over brain is obscuring its full perception

Return to your seat and await enlightenment, Mr Nidan.

[ May 01, 2003, 01:00 PM: Message edited by: Seanachai ]

Originally posted by Lars:

Hmm, things must be looking up for Seanachai.

In the Financial District looking for a liquor store, so he must have had money in his pocket.

In the Retail District too, so he must also be updating his wardrobe.

We can hope, anyway.

I bet you've already swilled down all that South African wine, haven't you, without so much as a taste for myself, Dalem, and Papa Khann? Selfish bugger. I hope you poured most of it into that woman in the picture; a far worthier receptacle than your putrid, pink-squirrel slurping self.

Oh, and I hate your Thread title. Awful stuff, truly awful.

We all need to get together soon, and mock and revile you.

You are jumping ahead in the story, and you are not doing it well.

You see the outline of the greater truth, but your barely ticking over brain is obscuring its full perception

Return to your seat and await enlightenment, Mr Nidan.

As painful as this is to admit, I'm looking forward to this story. It's the Peng version of a Hunter S. Thompson novel. Hopefully the plot includes roasting a penguin or two.