Demo Tech Support Thread?

I´ve had a sound problem. It seems that in my system the game cannot interrupt sound that is played. Example. When i start the program and click new game. I have to wait until intro.wav has played and then i hear click and can access the next screen.

I made a workaround by deleting intro.wav and made a copy of click.wav. Then i renamed click.wav to intro.wav. I made same to theme.wav, because in campaign options screen i had to listen every time i clicked an option to end of theme.wav.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Problem when trying to access War Plan - game freezes and I must make a hard reset on my PC.

But, game play OK and I have finished demo (twice)

just having problem with war plan (hard reset only works)

Here's details about my configuration:

Win 98

MB ABIT BE6 P3 Ultra DMA

CPU PIII 450 Mhz

192 MB SDRAM

ATI RAGE 128 GL SD TV AGP

Yamaha sound card 724 3D PCI

HDD Quantum 10,2 GB

DVD ROM TOSHIBA 6x IDE

CD WRITER BTC 4/4/24

Originally posted by Mario Morela:

Problem when trying to access War Plan - game freezes and I must make a hard reset on my PC.

But, game play OK and I have finished demo (twice)

just having problem with war plan (hard reset only works)

Here's details about my configuration:

Win 98

MB ABIT BE6 P3 Ultra DMA

CPU PIII 450 Mhz

192 MB SDRAM

ATI RAGE 128 GL SD TV AGP

Yamaha sound card 724 3D PCI

HDD Quantum 10,2 GB

DVD ROM TOSHIBA 6x IDE

CD WRITER BTC 4/4/24

Just to make sure please try the following if you haven't already done so:

- give it at least a minute or so when you click on the war map, it does sometimes take a little while to load

- try the latest video drivers for your card (I have the same card and never had this problem, so it could just be that)

- try increasing the video acceleration if you haven't already done so in your control panel

Please let me know if any of this works, thanks.

Hubert

Originally posted by Der_Waggs:

Ok I switched to windows 98\Me comapabilty mode now the graphics are great :D Seems perhaps the game is not fully XP compatable "praises microsoft fot compatability mode settings :cool:

Odd... XP-Pro & GeForce 2Pro... NO graphics issues here. PErhaps it's related to vid card drivers (I'm runing the ver28.35 set)? If it looks like the screen is in an oddball res that your monitor is throwing fits over, might see that you have the right inf for your monitor.

Hello,

The first time I tried this out I had the video problem, where video straight up died (monitor even clicked into power save mode) but I could still hear music. I had to hard reset to get out that time. The second time, after the fresh reboot, I closed all background apps and tried it again... and had no problem at all.

On the third or fourth time I played the demo (great game, by the way, hehe, I'm definitely getting it when it comes out), at one point I had it go straight to the desktop in mid-turn (it also adjusted my desktop settings to 1024x768), but otherwise I haven't had any problems, aside from trying to defend France without a headquarters unit. :D

System specs: P3-450, 512MB RAM, Geforce2 MX400 64MB card, normally set to 1152x860 (or whatever). Running Windows 2000. Hope this helps.

Scott

I didn't seem to get any reply to my previous post and as I mentioned it is rather urgent. My system no longer goes since attempting to run the demo.

I ran the demo and got the blank screen and music. I could not escape the program no matter what I did so I reset the PC. Since then it always comes up with a blank screen. I can boot to safe mode, but in safe mode I cannot reset the refresh rates or resolutions (I am presuming from previous posts that this is the problem)

I am running Win2K ~500MHz P3 with a GeForce 3 200Ti video card. As far as I am aware, I have the latest drivers for the card.

Can someone tell me how I am to get my system going again please - this is urgent.

Hi Caesar,

Sorry if I missed your original message and I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Good news is that the patch should address the issue.

Ok I would try any of the following and it should get your system back on line:

- When you hit F8 there are a few options, have you tried the 'Last Known Good Configuration'

- In Safe Mode, if you cannot change your refresh rate, can you as a last resort try and uninstall your video card. When you reboot you will have to reinstall.

There might be an easier way (anybody else have a suggestion), I am not unfortunalty an expert in this respect, but if you still have any problems, please contact me at support@furysoftware.com and I'll help you find a solution

Hubert

I tried the Last known good configuration. This didn't work. I have since my last post, talked to some of our tech support at my work and the general consensus seems to be to uninstall the video card and then reinstall it.

Is your patch a full download or just a few files. I am on a 56k modem at home and 26megs takes ages.

Ceasar

Hit 'F8' and choose VGA mode for startup. This will allow you to start windows in 'full' mode with all options, including changing your refresh rate. Once you change the refresh rate restart the computer and allow it to boot to normally and your problem should end.

No problem, most likely your video card can handle a higher refresh rate than you monitor. Also you probably are not using a specific driver for your monitor (probably windows default) which means that your video card has "rank" so to speak. That was the issue I had.

BTW most Monitor companies no longer send monitor drivers, preferring to rely on the built in Windows INF file.

Just an FYI

[ May 22, 2002, 10:30 PM: Message edited by: Priest ]

Control Panel/System/Device Manager/Sound, video and game controlers.

Click on the "x", expanding Sound, video and game controlers. That should list your sound card, or chipset, etc.

I've got an ESS Solo-1 PCI Audio drive. I've tried playing with the sound settings, but I can't shake the "Slow button with sound playing" syndrome.

downloaded the whole demo again and your patch all my drivers are updated and still can get no sound. my system is a athlon 900

with 256m ram

geforce2 64m

pci 128 soundblaster

i have no problems with any other game but this demo can you help so i can enjoy it by the way the rest plays fine just a little boring with no sound. :eek:

I have 500 GHz Athlon, 256 Meg RAM, S540 Stealth III graphics card, Sound Blaster Live! Value sound card.

I have played the demo about 12 times (not all the way through each time, but I have completed several times). three times now it has crashed. A black box pops up with a buch of messages, but only for a moment. It says something about a failed subroutine. Each time the demo has crashed it looks like the same messages. Other than losing the game program it doesn't affect my computer.

Originally posted by topgun922:

downloaded the whole demo again and your patch all my drivers are updated and still can get no sound. my system is a athlon 900

with 256m ram

geforce2 64m

pci 128 soundblaster

i have no problems with any other game but this demo can you help so i can enjoy it by the way the rest plays fine just a little boring with no sound. :eek:

If there is no sound, then it looks like the sounds cannot be loaded by the game. What OS are you using, and could you check to see if the following file is on your computer 'winmm.dll'

Anyone else with this problem?