Demo Tech Support Thread?

Originally posted by ASHBERY76:

I have a problem the research screen is'nt showing the tabs to increase-decrease research :rolleyes:

athlon 900

geforce3 ti500

This is another strange one, can you click on the area where they are supposed to be, does it work by any chance?

Anyone else with the same problem?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Hubert Cater:

QUOTE]This is another strange one, can you click on the area where they are supposed to be, does it work by any chance?

Anyone else with the same problem?[/QB]

Yes it does work but you cant see the tabs.

yes that file is on my system . i am running win98 os . i think the problem lies in the interrupt request. my sound card is on interupt request 11 so it is not the normal request like 7,5,or 10. could this be a possibility. :eek:

tried allied assault that sound plays fine and all others cant get the irq to change so must be something related to your sound file. evryothe feature of the game plays fine must not recognize how you have sound file set up . because sound effects does not even light up maybe take a look at how it was set up in allied assault.

I have tried to run the patched version of SC.

It will not run and I get an exception log everytime I try.

I have a Pentium 111 500 with 330Mb RAM and a GeForce 3 200Ti Graphics card. The first time I tried to run this, it came up with a dialog box saying my system doesn't support 1024,768,16 and that it would now exit. Since then it has just added to the exception log.

If I right click on the desktop and select display settings, only two modes show and they are 800 x 600 and 600 x 800. This has only been this way since I tried running SC. I have loaded the WinFOx Utility that came with graphics card and I have been able to set the resolution to 1163x864 in 32bit true colour via this. However SC still will not run and now Combat Mission that previously would run fine will no longer run coming up with an error box saying it cannot access the 3d graphics (or something like that)

Any ideas how to get past this problem? This is the second time that my system has been affected trying ot run this. I am beginning to lose confidence in this product.

[ May 27, 2002, 09:44 AM: Message edited by: Caesar ]

It will not run and I get an exception log everytime I try.

I am not sure what has happened since you first applied the patch and from the first time you ran into problems running SC. My guess is that a clean install will remedy the situatuion. I would suggest deleting the entire SC demo directory and all of it's contents, then follow either option#1 or option#2:

1. re-download the demo package at

http://www.battlefront.com/products/worldwar/stratcom/download.html

or

2. reinstall the original package you downloaded, and then reapply the patch in the demo folder to replace the original executable

Prior to doing this make sure your system does support 1024x768x16 and you should not have any problems running SC.

For CM, perhaps when reinstalling your video card drivers something else has been removed that supported your 3D acceleration caps. Maybe DirectX needs to be reapplied as well, or perhaps there is a later driver available for your video card. I would suggest trying the demo tech support threads for CM and maybe they could be of more help.

Again, sorry for any inconvenieces you've encountered so far.

Hubert

By the way, I just started playing the allies and the "drop out to desktop w/ screwed resolution" bug appeared usually after turn 3. Never had a problem as axis. I download the patched .exe and everything works fine now.

Yorick

Did you manage to get SC working? How about reinstalling CM?

No. Neither will work as the Graphics card/settings/drivers/whatever are screwed up. The only resolutions available are 800 x 600 and 640 x 480. I have tried reinstalling the drivers, directx etc and nothing has worked. I can however, select a higher resolution by using a utility supplied with my video card which allows me to use my PC but not for games.

Sounds like your video drivers have not been fully installed. Perhaps going to the control panel and clicking on Add New Hardware might help. Allow windows to search for your new hardware automatically and it should find a driver for your video card and intstall it on its own.

Hope this helps,

Hubert