Gone Gold! Pre-Orders Accepted This Friday- July 19th!!!!

Madmatt

Gone Gold! Battlefront.com and developer Fury Software are announcing that “Strategic Command – European Theater”, a turn-based Grand Strategy wargame featuring the Second World War in Europe, has now officially gone “Gold”. The game is already in production and is expected to ship by the end of the month. Pre-orders will be opened Friday, July 19th. Strategic Command – European Theater will be available only from Battlefront.com’s online store and is not being sold in retail.

Strategic Command offers 6 major campaigns- “Fall Weiss”, “Fall Gelb”, “Barbarossa”, “Fall Blau”, “Zitadelle”, “Overlord” which begin anywhere from 1939 to 1944. Campaigns can be played beyond historical end of war date and into 1946! Game play is turn based with each turn lasting from 2 weeks to 1 month depending on the season. Designed for replayability and realism, options include fog of war, Free French forces, Partisans, scorched earth, thoroughly implemented features for sea transport, amphibious assaults, strategic bombing, industrial production, research and development, declarations of war, historical and random nation neutrality and allegiances as well as other political mechanisms.

Link to Full Press Release Here

Gold Demo will be made available shortly (days not hours)!

Madmatt

I'm buying.

This plus Airborne Assault (got last week) and CM:BB should keep me occupied for the next few years. smile.gif

Keith

PS - Is there going to be a warning on this one about being more addictive than crack? I had enough trouble putting the demo down.

Great news! smile.gif The final timing presents a certain dilemma for me, though: starting in late August, I will be going to Europe for a long long time (maybe for good, I don't know yet). Now I wonder whether I should preorder, or use the "Ireland" option later ...

Straha

Looks like I was one week premature. Pretty close though.

Now where do I set my lawn chair in line for the pre-order ordering frenzy that will commence on Friday.

Originally quoted by me:

Here are my calculations of "early summer".

Summer Starts: June 21

Summer Ends: Sep 23

Days of summer: 94

Midsummer: Aug 7th

First quarter of Summer: June 21 thru July 14th

My guess : Week ending July 12

Yahoo!!!!! Filling my panzers with petrol!

Originally posted by StarFleet Captain:

Forgive me, I've missed the pricing information. How much is SC going to run?

How much better is this game than the old Three-Sixty game High Command?

It's priced at $25, and is "light years" better than HC (IMHO). The AI will actually give you a good game!

Download the demo (or wait for the improved Gold demo), either way... buy this game!!!

Aloid

[ July 17, 2002, 02:52 PM: Message edited by: Aloid ]

Originally posted by Madmatt:

Gone Gold! Battlefront.com and developer Fury Software are announcing that “Strategic Command – European Theater”....

Strategic Command offers 6 major campaigns- “Fall Weiss”, “Fall Gelb”, “Barbarossa”, “Fall Blau”, “Zitadelle”....

Madmatt

[The trash lurks over from the Combat Mission forum.]

Hey, I made it into a BFC game!! Yes, in their infinite wisdom, Madmatt et al. have named a campaign after me. If I cannot get my tanks into CMBB, at least everyone will have to play my campaign over and over again here. I would like to thank....

Originally posted by Immer Etwas:We'll have the Gold Demo to play -- all weekend!

From whence do you get your information?

Can I bank on that? I will be able to order and download the demo this Friday (July 19th) or were you referring to another weekend?

Wonder what time it will be available? Should I stay home from work for a couple of hours, or just wait til evening and fight for bandwidth with the rest of you guys.

As originally posted by Hawkmek:

From whence do you get your information?

Can I bank on that? I will be able to order and download the demo this Friday (July 19th) or were you referring to another weekend?

From whence? From the bottom of the topmost post on this thread, wherein MadMatt states that the gold demo will be available in a matter of days, not hours.

I am perhaps presumptious in assuming that this would happen by this Friday or Saturday, but I may be wrong about that -- I'm sure one of the moderators will correct me if that is indeed the case. smile.gif