I stat to hate the luck factor in SC

Sombra

Sometimes I wonder why I bother to play SC.

I defend well as Allies until end of September no big looses kill a lot of axis units. But then bang. Minors join on fist opportunity. Barbarossa kicks of Jan 1942 and researchign with 5 chits in tech without any result.

Kind of makes Sc frustrating redface.gif

Hubert should have considered linking time as a factor for scientific breakthru

3 chits invested for a year would have better chance getting a tech than 3 chits spent last month. Make that there's some 'accumulation of research and knowledge'. After spending so much time on finding a new design, you'd think they have a better chance at finding one than those that just started. If he could do that, the "no tech nada" syndrome would be greatly reduced. 1 turn breakthru would still be possible but less likely.

Originally posted by jon_j_rambo:

Luck isn't a factor...well, everything comes down to definition. Destiny of technology is important then. Hellraiser has got to be the luckiest player.

Well i believe you everything but Hellraiser has even worse tech results than me and this is worth to mention. :D

I put in 9 chits with Yoda in a game for around a year game time, what 15 turns? Not sure all 5 where in Jets all at once, but definitely 4... I was hoping to give the man a game, I didn't manage to. I got very upset and posted my fighters up for wholesale slaughter outside of Essen peed my 5 chits didn't so much as give me 1 Jet tech or any tech for that matter... sad since he seemed to have 1 jet and 1 lr

Tech is very tricky I am shocked half the time I get so much from 1 chit and zero from 5 chits. Plus Germany has to work for her chits, Russia, USA and UK just tag along ;) Well not so much UK but still... Axis without Tech is like iceskating uphill...

Now with Rambo, hehehehhe. I've gotten some damned luck, AA when I didn't deserve it back in the day. I remeber 1 chit gave me 5 hits LOL, more than 1 game... Several tames... AT hell all I have to do is breath on that Research area wrong and I get breakthroughs...

Well, also keep in mind that battles--and wars--are often decided by luck rather than by superior armies.

Making all of the right moves at the right times just increases your odds of winning--there are no guarantees in this business.

Blashy, no tech games are a disadvantage for the Allies. (Well you can say HT1 for Rusai and JT1 for US are already enough advantage) Still no tech means => Germany has still 2500MP more to spend on armies. BUT and this is the disadvantage the allied CARRIERS will never be effective.

The situation is typical at least that with the beginning of Barbarossa the Axis has an MP advantage. In the West they are suffering some attrition. Later on only with a really heavy investment the Axis can try to stall allied moves due to threat of the carriers, these moves have to be with all AF in if he don´t want to loose them. You simply take away this threat. For the axis now it is much easier to switch fronts and stall any serious move by the allied player.

Not is is NOT, I keep saying that over and over. I've played them they are not.

The carriers are usefull for getting cities withing reach, they are more than enough.

And the allies can jump in the fight A LOT faster, because they spend everything on troops.

AND when barbarosa starts USSR has tons of cash and no need for tech investing, which means within 2 turns you're fighting with HQs AND your planes with your only disadvantage being experience, no AT level 3 or HT or Jets from the Germans.

It also keeps the Germans from seeing your troop movements miles away with no LR.

I've played it and in the end it works out for both sides. The only difference is the game is all tactical and no lucky tech rolls.

And when I say no tech I mean you put every country at level 0 in everything.

Just play some no tech games vs. someone of your own level, you'll find out it is much more tactical.