The Grandmaster Event: (Best of 5 games). GAME #1 Terif (Axis) vs Zapp, ZAPP WON

zappsweden

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This tread is becoming really odd.....first Darius the prophet is coming down the earth talking about a ghosts (hombreplin) cheat programm, and how he can hack the Demoversion of SC in order to sent to his friend which has no computer :D Then Zapp is accused of Techpreventcheating by Condor, then we had alot of odd calculations ....btw can anybody calculate the chance that yugocoup never occurs. ;)

Then some friendly discussions between other SC-cracks. :D

Concerning this tech **** ....in some of my games ag hellraiser we got dissconneted everytime when one of us got a tech...not sure it was Jet. This tech did not come again at least the next 15 Turns. We trust each other so nobody of us thought about cheating....but maybe there is in fact a bug when a game is dissconnected that some techadvance will get a reset.....

So new rumors are in da house.....is there a techbug? :D

@Zapp wanna play our part 2 this evening, wanna have also such smacktalktread LOL

Originally posted by Sombra:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Dragonheart:

Thought this is an AAR Tread? It turns out to be more than that. Is that at all will? Just wondering ;)

Otternasen, Lerchenzungen!!!!!

right now it is a break in one of the most anticipated games of the SC season. Its normal that all kind of comments drop in. tongue.gif

I think this match is a good argument for the so called spectator mode :)) Or a replay after the match though that all the interessted people could download the classic matches for a review </font>

Originally posted by Dragonheart:

Concerning this tech **** ....in some of my games ag hellraiser we got dissconneted everytime when one of us got a tech...not sure it was Jet. This tech did not come again at least the next 15 Turns. We trust each other so nobody of us thought about cheating....but maybe there is in fact a bug when a game is dissconnected that some techadvance will get a reset.....

So new rumors are in da house.....is there a techbug? :D

Hubert has denied that there should exist tech trends in the game, he said that the tech rolls are tested to be statistically fairly distributed. However, trendy behaviour is not detected in a random distribution test.

I second DH to that tech weird behaviour.

Several times we lost connection immediately after we got some new tech. This thing happened to me vs other players as well, although far less times than against DH. We both have fixed IPs (but I doubt this matters at all).

Usually the game runs very smoothly but this event happened enough times to just dismiss it.

ref tech trends - i dunno what to say , really. Sometimes you really get bad luck but for 2-3 years consecutively, no tech advances even if researching with 10 chits and having that lousy ketchup bonus smile.gif

-I knew that RAI would be refined by good players. The game against Terif when the readiness bug was sprung on me...I had won.

-I've had many, many, games of very bad luck & so have my opponents. I remember one game against DH (he was Allies) that the UK never got any Jet tech, the game was a walkover. I remember playing HR, he got insance technology as Allies (both UK & Russia) while Germany got squat. Weird crap happens, just go play Texas Holdem' & Blackjack, you'll see lots of strange occurances with odds.

-Sounds like Zapp has won game #1

as the AAR shows it, zapster has quite some advantage ... delay of minors raping + overall tech superiority bought western allies time to build up sh*t ... he was quite weak on the ground but turns kept passing and things got better for allies. If he manages to cut off some parts of the axis empire for several turns, things will be very ugly for axis, especially because of those junk airplanes Terif has atm.

FYI, the current Jet state is the following:

Jet Tech:

USA L3

Germany L2

UK L2

Russia (last seen as L1)

Another thing i forgot to mention before the break is, I got the German Mine too (minus 20 MPP for Germany and plus 16 for Allies).

I still get roughly 850 MPP (Russia gets below 400 but instead UK and USA get more) and almost as much as Axis.

Since I kill more units per turn in the west than Axis does in the east, I offset that minor MPP disadvantage into a clear advantage.

[ June 13, 2005, 07:36 AM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

You guys...get a life!! I play exclusively PBEM and let me tell you, there are many times the same thing happens. No tech advances in some category for numerous years, no matter what the investment, is a common occurrence.

On the otherhand, sometimes minimal chits, gets you big gains in a hurry..its very random...get over it.

[ June 14, 2005, 04:50 PM: Message edited by: SeaMonkey ]

FLASHING NEWS!

It was weird that the slowest player in the planet never get disconnected in the middle of his 30-40 minutes (being optimistic) turn but over 10 times at the end of it.

Zapp avoiding axis to get some tech advances:

Cutting_the_connection.jpg

"You think you know something, don't you? You think you're the clever little girl who knows something. There's so much you don't know . . . so much. What do you know really? You're just an ordinary little girl living in an ordinary little town. You wake up every morning of your life and you know perfectly well that there's nothing in the world to trouble you. You go through your ordinary little day and at night you sleep your untroubled, ordinary little sleep filled with peaceful, stupid dreams . . . and I brought you nightmares." --Uncle Charlie. from Shadow of a doubt

teresa_wright_and_joseph_cotten.jpg

Yupp, next is a visit to Terif's HQ in Munich. Perhaps we all SC players could meet there in his Palace and have a few drinks and a cigar plus play some hotseat (with bitching allowed) and discuss WW2.

:D

Maybe we would all be surprised when we meet in real life to find out things like that Kuniworth is a transsexual, that Yoda teaches Yoga, that Hombre Plin's run off really was his mother selling his computer so that he could focus on finishing high school and that Rambo win the long drive competition with his All-In American Cowboy Swing.

However, when Rambo goes all-in on the Booze drinking competition, THAT is a "MUST SEE"!

:D

[ June 15, 2005, 07:24 AM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

• 2 weeks later...